Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big 12 defenses were on full display last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Big 12 defenses were on full display last night

Dec 30, 2015, 10:07 AM

and they sure didn't disappoint. 90 points in two games. Exactly as advertised. As for the naive OU fans saying North Carolina isnt a quality win. If they arent a quality win then neither is Baylor. Pretty even match up to me. Take away the fumble into the end zone and you have a 4 point game. No defense for either team in that one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Big 12 defenses were on full display last night

Dec 30, 2015, 10:33 AM

Cheezik should be fired after that performance. How stupid can u be? And Williams, wow, the only thing I can the of is that we hit him so much he was still hearing footsteps. Baylor d sucks.

Dec 30, 2015, 10:53 AM

BU
Rush 645

UNC
Rush 244

Does the ACC know what defense is? Points aside UNC got whipped

points aside? Isn't that the only stat the truly matters..???***

Dec 30, 2015, 10:55 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2019, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Big 12 defenses were on full display last night ]

Yeah, all of the better ones haven't played yet....guess you missed that part.

Baylor threw a pick at the UNC goal line.

Dec 30, 2015, 11:01 AM

If you count the UNC fumble, probably should count the Baylor turnover too.

Just sayin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baylor threw a pick at the UNC goal line.

Dec 30, 2015, 11:08 AM

There was over 1200 yards of offense in that game. Any living person would know that both those defenses suck. I wasnt saying one was better than the other. I said they both sucked and if you cant count UNC as a quality win, then you #### sure cant count Baylor.

Re: Baylor threw a pick at the UNC goal line.

Dec 30, 2015, 11:24 AM

Gentleman, aren't we both in the playoffs?
If yes, who gives a #### about quality wins. We're here. Resumes don't matter anymore. Resumes get you in the door but that's it.
Who cares?

Never said UNC wasn't quality. I just know ...

Dec 30, 2015, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Baylor threw a pick at the UNC goal line. ]

UNC took you guys down the final play. We cruised passed Baylor by 10 and kneeled on the Baylor 30 that could have been 17 ; )

Also does DW have speech impediment? Media days he looked to be stuttering

Re: Never said UNC wasn't quality. I just know ...

Dec 30, 2015, 11:38 AM

Baylor threw 12 passes last night, they changed their whole offensive identity for UNC in the bowl game we blew OU out the water in last year. Chzik was too busy entertaining head coaching offers apparently to prepare to defend the run.

Had Baylor had that much time for OU after their starting QB went out then OU may not be in the playoff. Briles, while dirty, is a heck of a football coach.

On a side note UNC may return 22 starters next year.

Dec 30, 2015, 11:39 AM

And UNC took who to the final play? Fact check much?

Dec 30, 2015, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Never said UNC wasn't quality. I just know ... ]

Took us down to the final play.... ### are you even talking about.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 30, 2015, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Never said UNC wasn't quality. I just know ... ]

UNC took Clemson to the final play about as much as they did Baylor...get your facts straight:

Clemson 45, UNC 37
Baylor 49, UNC 38

And there's also these facts:

Glad you think that final scores of other games matter when our teams hit the field.

Dec 30, 2015, 12:11 PM

If UNC onside kick was called correctly you guys might have been in the RAC bowl again.

The game was over after the ref's deflated the game with that missed called

And if targeting was called properly it wouldn't have gotten

Dec 30, 2015, 12:13 PM

to that point.

I must have missed the rule where onside kicks recovered at the 50 with 1:00 left are worth 9 points.

Dec 30, 2015, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Never said UNC wasn't quality. I just know ... ]

I like how you think UNC would have scored and made a 2 point conversion...just to TIE. Did that work for ND?? Guess you missed the commentator last night saying if the Baylor player hadn't have batted the ball backward, Switzer likely would have made a play on it...so they nearly had the same shot on Baylor, idiot.

Oh, btw, there was a missed targeting on that play vs UNC....unless you think the rules were changed that you can now lead with a forearm to the head of the receiving player.

Pretty cool that it screwed UNC that an offsides was called before anyone came up with the ball happened, but it would have been okay for Clemson to get screwed a second time from a missed targeting on that play (that was the reason the ball got shot to the back where it was recovered)....the bias is strong.

Dec 30, 2015, 12:22 PM

Guess we shouldn't mention the fact that UNC went for a 2 point conversion earlier in the game...and failed.

UNC also got a silly roughing the punter penalty that

Dec 30, 2015, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Baylor threw a pick at the UNC goal line. ]

BU turned into 7 and BU got another 7 when a pass was ruled complete(guy was out of bounds) that set-up a makeable 4th and 5 vs a 4th and 12 which would have forced a punt.

This game was evenly matched-- both defenses sucked. And UNC's d coaches were idiots for not trying something else.

Re: UNC also got a silly roughing the punter penalty that

Dec 30, 2015, 11:48 AM

Don't feed this whining little troll ,. he well remembers 40--6 Word of advice
If you think OU will win you better tell your players ,. they are the ones that got knocked
on their a,s,s for 60 minutes ., They are the ones that couldn't block or tackle ,.,

Don't tell us ., we don't play ., We know what yall fixin to see .,. Ha .,Ha ,.,

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2015, 12:22 PM

So, you would agree Baylors defense is as good as clemsons or better? they held them to 31 points until garbage time.

Dec 30, 2015, 12:29 PM

So was the Baylor game for a shot at a playoff birth and a conference title??...I must have missed something.

Dec 30, 2015, 12:30 PM

Oh, that's right...teams aren't supposed to play better when more is on the line. That's what all OU fans have been chanting, right?? That it should be like last year, when nothing was on the line....

Dec 30, 2015, 12:52 PM

Nothing was on the line last year.... Lol. And by your logic the UNC defense must be equally as shotty as clempsuns. One day till game time. We ll see you who has the better impact. Your new qb stuttering Stanley, or baker mayfield. (My money is on mayfield).

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic