Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Beware, the Amazon email scam is still floating around. I
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Beware, the Amazon email scam is still floating around. I

Dec 11, 2019, 10:32 AM

received it for the second time yesterday. It tells you some variation of unauthorized use of your account, and that your account is going to be locked (if not already), and you have to go to their link and reenter all your personal information.

In other words, you help them steal your identity. Always look at the actual email address out to the right of the first part, and NEVER click on an unknown link. You can "hover" you mouse over it without clicking, and see what actually appears in the lower left corner of your computer screen.

Don't want any of my fellow Tnetters to have a very unmerry Christmas due to this crap. Scammers are getting more creative all the time, but are apparently not smart enough to use good English sometimes, even in their scam emails. Kind of like "All your recruits are now belong to us." Hope this saves someone from harm. Merry Christmas, and beware!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get those all the time.

Dec 11, 2019, 10:40 AM

I usually use the mouseover to see the url. It's always some hacked random website.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Beware, the Amazon email scam is still floating around. I

Dec 11, 2019, 10:49 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2019, 12:45 PM

Been getting those from so called Amazon, Wells Fargo, Apple, ect. along with an increase in robo calls, letters saying my warranty is about to expire, blah blah blah. The cyber criminals are forever changing their tactics to steal your identity.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The robocalls are the best

Dec 11, 2019, 1:08 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got one the other day that read, "You gone be velly velly

Dec 11, 2019, 12:47 PM

solly if you don't comtrakt us velly velly quickry."

I demured.

Dec 11, 2019, 12:53 PM

Never understood why people fall for that stuff. If a Company you do business with contacts you for your info shouldn't they have it to begin with? Why are they asking for it again? Big red Flag.

Dec 11, 2019, 1:17 PM

I like to click those links and put in fake information.***

Dec 11, 2019, 3:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2019, 3:41 PM

Uh oh..... i should have read this sooner...

Dec 11, 2019, 6:48 PM

I got a text today about my Amazon shipment, but I haven't ordered anything. You have to be careful.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic