Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Nike's The Opening: Prospects open up about Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,759

New Story: Nike's The Opening: Prospects open up about Clemson

Mar 23, 2015, 10:56 AM

Nike's The Opening: Prospects open up about Clemson

Over five hundred of the region’s top prospects were in Buford, Ga., Sunday for Nike’s The Opening Atlanta Regional, and included in that number were several prospects that have mutual interest in Clemson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Nike's The Opening: Prospects open up about Clemson

Mar 23, 2015, 11:07 AM

I would love to add Charles wiley. Guy is a freak ath.

Re: New Story: Nike's The Opening: Prospects open up about Clemson

Mar 23, 2015, 11:11 AM

There sure seem to be a lot of good DE prospects in Georgia this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The next 2 years of recruiting are going to be sick good.

Mar 23, 2015, 12:30 PM

It's going to be fun to watch the coots squirm as we reload and they try to find another washed up legend to coach them. The next 5 years will be almost uncompetitive w/ them.

Between reading the one quote where the young man (LONG)

Mar 23, 2015, 1:41 PM

said, "The facilities are already crazy"; and I see the plans that are currently in place; I personally feel that the next 6+/- year's hold the best chance for CU to win a MNC (hopefully more than 1) since 81'.
Of course it all starts with Dabo.
However IMHO, D-Rad deserves a lot of credit for pushing to get the football complex and Oculus projects underway. "Remodeling" Littlejohn, or whatever we're officially calling the upgrades being made, like he did at GT was brilliant. Obviously more times than not, it's more cost efficient to "renovate", thus opening up more $ for football. Yes I do want to be great at basketball as well, but we are and always will be a football school first.
CFB has turned into an arms race folks. I'm glad to see the powers at be we have are D-Rad aka "Mr. Oppenheimer" :) and Dabo, who aren't guys that'll sit backand be easily outdone. We already have something special at CU. Now we're special with facilities that'll rival Bama...not sure any school "can keep" up with Oregon in the facilities department, but they have no history, and a brand of football that's obviously not conducive when playing a truly talented, tough and well coached team. Honestly, I think even with CCM gone (still love to have him but also think CTE is supremely talented and obviously smart; and IMO, is capable of being better than CCM in his own way), we still have one of the best overall staff's in the country. I believe in the ability of CTE & CJS. We've seen what CBV can do with his players sending our entire front 4 (or front 7 since we're sending non-starters as well with Barnes etc.) to the League. Dabo's track record for spotting coaching talent speaks for itself until proven otherwise. Not even any coot lurkers would say this staff can't recruit with anyone.
Great time to be a CU Tiger! Let's enjoy the ride.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Between reading the one quote where the young man (LONG)

Mar 23, 2015, 6:32 PM

Are we doing enough for basketball? I have absolutely no doubt that we will play for the National Title in football within the next 5 years, probably in the next 2, but are we doing enough for hoops?

Re: Between reading the one quote where the young man (LONG)

Mar 27, 2015, 8:22 AM

I think that you already have the answer to your question about basketball. And it doesn't look all that good, but a renovation is better than nothing at all. Hopefully after the reno, there won't be a mixture of mens aftershave and womens perfume in the air of the locker room.;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,759
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic