Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Please sign this petition to keep student tickets free!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Please sign this petition to keep student tickets free!

Apr 12, 2016, 7:22 AM

https://www.change.org/p/keep-student-tickets-free-at-clemson-university?recruiter=525579803&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_page&utm_term=mob-xs-no_src-custom_msg

TIA. Clemson is rapidly changing and most is for the better, but some changes have been an attempt to ruin the traditions that make us great. We want to let our voice be heard.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Between IPTAY, tuition,

Apr 12, 2016, 7:33 AM

Fans tickets and season tickets, they can afford to let students go to games for free still. I do wonder if this is a response to Dabo getting a huge raise soon.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Between IPTAY, tuition,

Apr 12, 2016, 9:03 AM

HEY, WHEN BERNIE GETS ELECTED EVERYTHING WILL BE FREE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Virtually every major FB college charges students for tix...

Apr 12, 2016, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Between IPTAY, tuition, ]

Clemson is one of very few that charges nil.

Who is Nil and why do we only charge him for tickets?

Apr 12, 2016, 9:09 AM

Is he Indian?

Sounds like a rassist policy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Most smaller schools give free tix to students

Apr 12, 2016, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Virtually every major FB college charges students for tix... ]

Students shouldnt have to pay. Most of them can't afford anything as it is. I would hate to see student
football attendance drop over this.

Student attendance would probably rise for the lesser games.

Apr 12, 2016, 12:08 PM

You value things more when you have to pay for them.

^^^ Vastly Under-rated Post ^^^***

Apr 12, 2016, 1:02 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True. But you can't value it if you can't pay for it***

Apr 12, 2016, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Student attendance would probably rise for the lesser games. ]

Just playing Devils advocate, but frankly....

Apr 12, 2016, 8:25 AM

the $106 that already goes to the Athletic Department is not specifically for football. It provides you access to Fike and all other athletic events for free.

The cost for season football tickets is roughly $350 annually. The $225 cost that DR wants to change is discounted rate and not unreasonable.

Saying "we've always done it that way" is not a legitimate reason to continue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Since tuition costs have inflated greatly

Apr 12, 2016, 8:33 AM

I think free student tickets it perfectly reasonable because that's "how it's always been"

Those tickets may be free to students, but....

Apr 12, 2016, 8:38 AM

I can guarantee you someone is paying for them and it's likely IPTAY and its members.

It is reasonable to expect someone else (i.e., me and other IPTAY members/season ticket holders) to pay for the students tickets?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Considering top tier programs like Bama

Apr 12, 2016, 8:42 AM

Charge about $10 a game or around $70 a season.

Yeah, I think $225 is rather steep.

Did you have that attitude about IPTAY donors "covering the bill" when/if you were a student, or were you just reaping the benefits of a system that has worked for decades?

I'm not necessarily against paying for tickets (I'm a current student). Just the timing of it after a title appearance is in poor taste in my opinion.

Michigan charges its students $200....

Apr 12, 2016, 8:51 AM

for season football tickets.

In fact, student basketball tickets are an additional $200 and student hockey tickets are another $150.

I think the timing is irrelevant. Someone is going to complain regardless of the timing.

One thing to consider is that UM has 44K total undergrad &

Apr 12, 2016, 8:57 AM

post-grad students while Clemson has 23K total. They can't give away 44K tickets to a football game even though their stadium seats over 100K. This is one way to whittle down the number of students attending the games. Of course, a lottery would be another.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: One thing to consider is that UM has 44K total undergrad &

Apr 12, 2016, 9:22 AM

They already only give a certain amount of tickets to each game. Not every student that attends Clemson gets a ticket.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You didn't answer the kweshion. HTH***

Apr 12, 2016, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Michigan charges its students $200.... ]

I never gave it much thought....

Apr 12, 2016, 3:35 PM

When I was a student at Clemson, my tuition included a student activity fee that covered things like sporting events. Of course, when I was a student, the demand for tickets wasn't quite what it is today. The north upper deck was added 83 which increased capacity to over 80,000. Therein may lie the crux of the issue.

That said, someone in my family, either my grandfather (Class of 24 and a charter member of IPTAY), my father or me (Class of 85 and 88) have been a member of IPTAY since the organizations inception so I can assure you, the cost for my tickets was paid and then some.

They will pull this off the table and just charge $400 next

Apr 12, 2016, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Those tickets may be free to students, but.... ]

Year for access to Fike. And no one will make a sound.

Re: Those tickets may be free to students, but....

Apr 12, 2016, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Those tickets may be free to students, but.... ]

You don't think IPTAY is going to lower your season ticket prices if they get this money from the students do you? I understand your point though that this is a lesson for future "earners" to understand when they start paying taxes. They're attitudes will change when they see 30% of their blood sweat and tears come out their paycheck each week. Then they see someone use an EBT card and then climb into their BMW. Yeah. They will understand soon.

Re: Please sign this petition to keep student tickets free!

Apr 12, 2016, 8:59 AM

Personally I paid my athletic fees with tuition and then paid $30 a year for IPTAY. I don't really agree with raising the student fees for all students but I don't mind students paying toward tickets if they want better seats. I also think organizations should start paying a higher rate for block seating in the lower decks. Either earn money from them or keep them from leaving holes in the student section because they don't show up.

null

Apr 12, 2016, 9:07 AM

Charge the ACC average......

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

If we charged the ACC average that would require going to

Apr 12, 2016, 9:26 AM

the grocery store and buying 2 cans of corn to get your free tickets.

Maybe they'd show up/stay for the "unimportant " games

Apr 12, 2016, 9:32 AM

if they had to pay? That would be nice.

Students are awesome for the big games...small ones, not so much

NOTHING is free

Apr 12, 2016, 9:39 AM

There is always a cost associated with ANYTHING. Just throw the extra $225 into student tuition somewhere, and they will still think they are "free". What's another $225 when you are always paying 10+k a semester?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, and Bernie is gonna pay for it anyway.***

Apr 12, 2016, 9:40 AM

Apr 12, 2016, 9:41 AM

Personally I'm on the fence. Im a student and next season will be my last. I love being able to go to every game for free but at the same time it is hassle trying to fight for tickets. If they charge students for tickets then I think the ones who are truly dedicated to go to the games will still fill the seats. Those punks that get their ticket just in case and wind up being too hammered in the perking lot might decide not to pay. As of right now, if you don't pay the student Iptay fee and are a freshman then you can practically forget getting a ticket. And sophomores have a hard time as well. This might help students who will actually attend the games to get tickets. Then I also feel there are some students who didn't grow up with a silver spoon in their mouths and had to get scholarships to attend Clemson. Those students benefit from the free ticket system. So I see the argument from both sides.

Side not: I want to go on a rant about those students that get tickets and don't go in the game because they are passed out drunk in the parking lot. That pisses me off more than anything. There are a lot of students who would love to be in there and didn't get a ticket. Those a$$es just waste that ticket. I have seen it for three football seasons now. If you know you are going to rage on at the tailgate then just don't get a ticket. I mean have some d@mn consideration. Okay rant over.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a student now, but I agree

Apr 12, 2016, 12:19 PM

I hope if they do charge for the tickets that it will benefit the dedicated fans, and weed out the people who are just there to party.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Apr 12, 2016, 12:13 PM

Are you asking alum fans only or do the dirtbag "non-alums" could too? Asking for a coworker?

No truly dedicated Clemson fan is a scumbag, alum or not***

Apr 12, 2016, 12:22 PM

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic