Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Riddle me this on masks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 258

Riddle me this on masks

May 14, 2020, 5:21 PM

Saw a dad,mom and 2 young kids heading in the Sam's today. Mom and the 2 kids were wearing masks while dear ole dad was not and also failed to practice any and all social distancing measures. So what did ole dad accomplish on this trip? Well, maybe coming in to contact with the kung flu and becoming infected, bringing it home to his supposedly safe home to infect his family.

Why would be my question, he obviously cared enough to have masks for the wife and kids so maybe he did not want to appear weak/afraid out in public? If he would have stopped to think he would grasp that them wearing masks is useless unless he also particpates. See it is that kind of thing that makes me go hmmmm.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better yet

May 14, 2020, 5:25 PM

Re: Better yet

May 14, 2020, 5:29 PM

Maybe to needing them while out for another reason, maybe. I get what you are saying and I do limit my trips out to just either the wife or I mostly. No sense both risking it . It just struck me as rather silly when looking at it from an outside perspective of safety.

Even if we have other errands to run

May 14, 2020, 7:25 PM

I go solo into store with mask and the family stays in the car.

I don’t know if the mask is saving the world or not, but the little things are easy.

Our Publix has an Entrance only and an Exit only and the amount of people that disregard that is amazing. No, I don’t think it’s actually going to cure the ‘Rona, but it’s not that hard. Very similar to the buggy discussion for the other day. Walk an extra 16 feet and follow the protocol. Don’t be a lazy Richard Head.

We are all sick and tired of this, but c’mon man, just be a decent human

End rant, love tiddies.

Maybe the masks were for dad-farts?

May 14, 2020, 5:35 PM

Much more lethal than the Ginaflu.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In order for mask to be effective everyone must...

May 14, 2020, 7:24 PM

wear a mask in public. We discussed the different mask, their filtration capacity and most folks realized that nothing this side of supplied air is 100 effective. As the filtration capacity gets lower and lower the risk rises.

The science behind mask will not allow someone to enter an asbestos containment with less than a HEPA filter. We saw a few of those in lab settings where techs were working with highly problematic disease but only a few in NY (if indeed those photos were of NY).

The surgical mask is sufficient if everyone wears one. Some of the particles exhaled are caught in your mask, others are caught in someone else's mask and some (very little inside a building) dies in the air. If 25+% of people don't wear mask they hurt those of us who do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“He cared enough to have masks for the wife and kids.”???

May 14, 2020, 7:33 PM

Who do you think runs the mask police in a two parent home? Betting most moms, and if momma ain’t happy ain’t no one happy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this

May 14, 2020, 7:43 PM

Times 10

Replies: 7
| visibility 258
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic