Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Better or Worse in 2019- South Carolina
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Better or Worse in 2019- South Carolina

Mar 20, 2019, 4:44 PM

Post your record prediction either way

Last Year: 7-6 (4-4 SEC).

Bowl Game: Lost to Virginia 28-0

Of Note:
Will Muschamp at South Carolina is 1-9 against Ranked Opponents including 0-3 vs Clemson, 0-3 vs Georgia, 0-3 vs Kentucky, 0-3 vs Texas A&M, and 1-2 against Florida.

In 2019, they trade Coastal Carolina for Appalachian State in the Non-Conference, and Ole Miss for Alabama in the SEC West opponent rotation. They play the #1, #2, #7, #8, #12, and #16 teams in the Final AP Poll of 2018.

2019 SOUTH CAROLINA FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Aug. 31 vs. North Carolina (at Charlotte)

Sept. 7 CHARLESTON SOUTHERN

Sept. 14 ALABAMA*

Sept. 21 at Missouri*

Sept. 28 KENTUCKY*

Oct. 12 at Georgia*

Oct. 19 FLORIDA*

Oct. 26 at Tennessee*

Nov. 2 VANDERBILT*

Nov. 9 APPALACHIAN STATE

Nov. 16 at Texas A&M*

Nov. 30 CLEMSON

Home games in CAPS

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I see 3-9 in their near future.***

Mar 20, 2019, 4:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Better or Worse in 2019- South Carolina

Mar 20, 2019, 4:47 PM

6-6 , no bowling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2019, 4:49 PM

I hope they go 0-12 but they will win 4-7 games

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2019, 5:31 PM

0-12 and the NCAA forces them to vacate their wins... err the following year?

Mar 20, 2019, 4:54 PM

The coaching change at App State is probably fortunate for the coots...they probably would have lost to them last season. And, this is unbelievable, that is actually a home and home series, so the coots are going to have to go to Boone in an upcoming season.

Mar 20, 2019, 5:06 PM

5-7 at best. They lost 10 of their 22 starters I believe. They were not a good team last year and the backups were worse than the starters. So if you have to replace 10 starters with worse players, well you do the math. It may get ugly on the sidelines and in the locker room before the season is over.

Mar 20, 2019, 5:29 PM

6-6 is the best I see. Pretty tough schedule Go Tigers. They will not be happy especially losing their Sixth straight to us.

Mar 20, 2019, 5:25 PM

I like the chances of a six peat vs the Coots for our team and other 2 who did last year. Us and A&M are certain but Kentucky is a wild card.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2019, 5:31 PM

The schedule is harder so they do worse, either 5-7 or 6-6....but they finally beat Kentucky so there is that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2019, 5:39 PM

Why in the world would you want to spend that much time analyzing that team? Just say if they break .500 they had a great year and if not then they had a normal year.

I think 6 - 6 is a bast case scenario for them***

Mar 20, 2019, 5:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Mar 20, 2019, 6:00 PM

They'll go 0-5 against Alabama, UGA, Clemson, Texas A&M, Florida
2-2 in the toss ups: Mizzou, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Vandy
3-0 against IApp. State (althought that will be a close game), Charleston Southern, and North Carolina

5-7

^^^^^This^^^^***

Mar 20, 2019, 8:14 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's awfully harsh.

Mar 21, 2019, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Better or Worse in 2019- South Carolina ]

And completely true.

Can't wait for fall.

Mar 21, 2019, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Better or Worse in 2019- South Carolina ]

Just as I see it AFDAWG

Mar 20, 2019, 6:07 PM

I see them starting 1-6 and ending with a huge 2 game beatdown. What the do in between will make or break their season.

Mar 20, 2019, 6:08 PM

I feel 4-7 will be a great goal for them this year. Hopefully, they have another stellar # 11 SEC recruiting year and Muschamp gets a 10 year contract extension for the great job he is doing there.

I know I for one am mighty....

Mar 20, 2019, 8:04 PM

.... skeert of what Muschamp is building in Columbia!! -:D

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

cycling in....***

Mar 22, 2019, 8:35 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2019, 7:29 PM

It is gonna suck for any U of SC season ticket holder. They might get lucky and win 3 games at home this season. However, they get the honor of getting curb stomped by the #1 and #2 team in the country on their home field.

Mar 20, 2019, 7:55 PM

Well, They will have to be twice as good as this past season to pull off the same record so........

Worse!

Mar 20, 2019, 8:07 PM

Tougher schedule!
They lost key reserves!
They will have some talent coming in; but they will be asked to give so soon they may get "I-tis"! "Coot-I-diss" that is! The big head. Stop working as hard b/c they have no choice but to start them.
Lost key starters!
Not a deep team to begin with.

I agree with the APP St coach being a good thing for them. They will not have likely won that game had Satterfield stayed. Now they will just out muscle the mountaineers.

Less wins than the previous season!

***Note: how much pressure will be on Bentley? The fans being the bright lot they are; will be calling for the rookie. Bentley will be behind what for an OL? I see some early/often turmoil happening!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2019, 9:18 PM

5-7 looks legit but I really want 6-6. Watching them get beat in bowls is a fun thing to do.

2-10. Fire Muffcramp. Start calling for Spurrier to leave...

Mar 20, 2019, 9:30 PM

AAF to come back

Better but not as good a record.***

Mar 20, 2019, 10:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2019, 7:50 AM

6-6

Mar 21, 2019, 7:55 AM

Better team this year, but worse results due to the schedule. I mean, that’s brutal. Easily see 5-7, maybe worse if a few toss up games don’t go their way (UNC, UK)

Gamecocks will be.......

Mar 21, 2019, 8:18 AM

.....'bout the same as usual. South Carolina will make no significant impact on the national or conference level. Over the last 50 years, SC has had 3 head coaches who won nattys before taking the job at South Carolina and the Gamecocks are almost perpetually in the top twenty in attendance. Yet the Gamecocks have won only 52% of their games over the same 50 years. SC has had ambition over those 50 years as shown by their move out of the ACC to be nationally competitive first as an independent, later as a member of the Metro Conference, and most recently as a member of the SEC. Nothing helps. The Gamecocks will be immaterial in 2019 more or less exactly like they have been forever.

Theirs would be a sad story, if it were not so hilarious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perfect^^^^***

Mar 22, 2019, 8:37 AM

I don't think they will be worse but their schedule is

Mar 21, 2019, 8:27 AM

more difficult so their record will likely be worse. I will be really surprised if they win more than 6 games. 6-6 seems like a fairly good result and 5-7 might even be more likely unless they improve a lot over last season.

Bama, Clemson, and Georgia are all about as close as you can get to sure losses. You can make a very strong argument that those will be the three best teams in the country next year.

A&M and Florida are likely losses although they could potentially pull an upset in one of them.

Not many of these other games look like sure wins either.

Mar 21, 2019, 8:54 AM

I’m going with 5-7. I’m going to give them 1 between Kentucky/mizz, unc, app st, Vandy, char south

7-5

Mar 21, 2019, 11:39 AM

They always win one that they shouldn't, and the fanbase thinks they've turned the corner.

Too bad they've turned so many corners that they are right back where they started.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 21, 2019, 9:36 AM

4-8. Typing this just put a smile on my face! :0)

They will win 5, possibly 6 games***

Mar 21, 2019, 11:44 AM

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 21, 2019, 12:15 PM

In looking at their schedule it's going to be a tough road for them to get to 6 wins next year. Right off the bat you know they're losing to us, Bama, UGA, UF, A&M. I think they lose one of Mizz or Kentucky probably Mizz since Kentucky lost so much and it's a home game for them. I think they lose one of Tennessee or Vanderbilt my guess would be Tennessee because that seems like one of those games for them that they should win but don't and on the road Rocky Top could be another game where they pull it out in the end. I think they beat North Carolina to start the year, they just seem to own the NC schools and I guess it's only fair since we run this state but with Mack Brown going there that very well could be a loss but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and it only makes the lackluster season that much better when they get off on the right foot only to fall on their face. They beat Charleston Southern and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt again that they beat App State only because it's at home.

Record: 5-7
(2-6 SEC)

Aug. 31 vs. North Carolina (at Charlotte): W

Sept. 7 CHARLESTON SOUTHERN: W

Sept. 14 ALABAMA*: L

Sept. 21 at Missouri*: L

Sept. 28 KENTUCKY*: W

Oct. 12 at Georgia*: L

Oct. 19 FLORIDA*: L

Oct. 26 at Tennessee*: L

Nov. 2 VANDERBILT*: W

Nov. 9 APPALACHIAN STATE: W

Nov. 16 at Texas A&M*: L

Nov. 30 CLEMSON: L

6-6 at best, giving them wins over UNC and KY?***

Mar 21, 2019, 12:32 PM

App St. has open date b4 Coots game.

Mar 21, 2019, 9:19 PM

Not so fast my friends! App St. is returning almost all of their offense. They do have some holes to fill on defense(sounds like us). But, they have guys who played a ton who will start this season. The DC didn't change. The OC did and HC did which may see them taking a step back. But, I see this game as a toss up to slight edge to SC "only b/c they are home"! Wouldn't surprise me a bit if App St. won in fact! I think they do. Against conventional wisdom; but App has become a program that expects to go in and win vs the big boys in their stadium! Happy Valley OT last year and that's over a hundred thousand - they won't be intimidated in WB at all.

Kentucky played in a major bowl last year! Hard to see them winning that as Stoops has them humming now! They lost their bell cow Rb; but they were more than the RB. Defense and solid offensive line play will be their calling card again. Kentucky has won "the last 5"!
Vandy hung with Notre Dame and only lost 22-17 in South Bend LY. Wouldn't surprise me if they lost that one. But, who knows.

I don't give them Kentucky and App St.

4-7

U of SC is like a Nascar Race...

Mar 22, 2019, 8:22 AM

They make 4 left turns end up at the same starting point, and for 111 years, haven't sniffed the finish line. They get a glimpse once in a while only to blow a left rear, overheat, or speed on pitlane and get sent to the back of the pack. They are the proverbial Danica Patrick of football except not as pretty!! Lot's of hype but no results!

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic