Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Better 2020 football season: Florida or Texas?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 731

Better 2020 football season: Florida or Texas?

Jun 11, 2020, 1:13 PM

Both have supposed “genius” coaches. Real offensive “masterminds.”

A lot of hype about Flawda this year. Kyle Trask doesn’t seem like a championship-caliber player to me.

Texas had a ton of injuries last year. They’ve had really good recruiting classes under Herman. Ehlinger comes back as qb. Defense is shaky but could be better this year.

What y’all think?

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Better 2020 football season: Florida or Texas?

Jun 11, 2020, 1:29 PM

Florida. I think they have a legit shot to make the playoff this year. They get LSU at home, should be pretty evenly matched with UGA this year, so it could very well come down to the SEC Championship game against probably Bama (who I don't expect to be as dominant this year as years past). Even with a loss if they show up to that game undefeated, with the SEC Bias, they have a shot to make the playoff even with a loss.

Texas plays @ LSU (LSU lost a lot, but Texas needs to prove they can handle real competition consistently against teams that actually play some defense). Then have OU in the red river showdown, and probably OU again at the end of the season in the championship game if they make it that far.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree 100%***

Jun 11, 2020, 3:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Jun 11, 2020, 1:58 PM

Herman's job is probably on the line this season, and he made some coaching changes, so I expect Texas to be a better team this coming season, and they do have some serious talent, So I'm taking Texas as being better than Florida!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 2:13 PM

Texas is my guess but Fla will better rank since they play in the SEC, regardless of record.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 2:33 PM

Gators for sure. They're getting better play after the recent coaching change, more than I thought they would honestly.

Texas for whatever reason just can't seem to handle the pressure week after week, and win the he's they're supposed to. Just can't figure out what their deal is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Florida is going to be good. They will win the East***

Jun 11, 2020, 3:08 PM

Best Is The Standard

Jun 11, 2020, 5:07 PM

I think Florida. I agree Trask isn’t great though he was a vast improvement over the previous qb. I think the talent around him is enough to make a run. Texas has yet to really show a pulse.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 731
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic