Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best honeymoon destination/resorts/travel agents?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Best honeymoon destination/resorts/travel agents?

Sep 8, 2014, 9:29 AM

Wanted to get some recommendations on honeymoon destinations/resorts and any travel agent recommendations? Definitely out of the country. We are going small on the wedding and spending a little more on the honeymoon. Any info appreciated. Thanks!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More info... Time if year? Beach destination?***

Sep 8, 2014, 9:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More info... Time if year? Beach destination?***

Sep 8, 2014, 9:35 AM

We are thinking beach destination most likely but would like to hear any other recommendations that people highly suggest.

Re: More info... Time if year? Beach destination?***

Sep 8, 2014, 9:46 AM

Ocho rios, Jamaica is where I went and it was great! You can do as much or as little as you want there... My only recommendation is you stay away from the nude beach! They all look like Bob over there!

Another place I liked was cap Cana, Dominican Republic. Very similar, but no nude beaches at the place I stayed!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best honeymoon destination/resorts/travel agents?

Sep 8, 2014, 9:32 AM

People will likely need more info than that....are you looking for party-like atmosphere, romantic and laid back, adventurous and sight seeing, secluded and private?

Sep 8, 2014, 9:34 AM

Late April/early May. Not too much of a party-like atmosphere. More laid back, maybe a little sight seeing.

I would suggest that you check-out Santorini

Sep 8, 2014, 9:59 AM

The weather is really warm in the fall and the spring but few tourists take advantage of it so you can find some great deals on prime hotels.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

dsp recommends Jamaica....***

Sep 8, 2014, 9:34 AM

^^^^so much this***

Sep 8, 2014, 9:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

My top three would be....

Sep 8, 2014, 9:37 AM

1 - Santorini

2 - Turks & Caicos

3- Maui

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hedo Rick highly recommends

Sep 8, 2014, 9:38 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVtEX1J7tXQ

the rippin and the tearin

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Myrtle Beach or Gatlinburg

Sep 8, 2014, 9:39 AM

Signed,

linebackeru

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

LBU drives a ford.....

Sep 8, 2014, 11:46 AM

and goes to a cabin in Gatlinburg with his uncle....... a lot.

Amiri King - Chevy Silverado (youtube)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Sep 8, 2014, 9:41 AM

Virgin Islands, Small World Travel

Sep 8, 2014, 9:44 AM

Santorini, St Martin (Carribean island), Anguilla, Martinique, or Turks & Caicos might be the best option then.

Depends on what you like to do

Sep 8, 2014, 9:58 AM

That really depends on what activities you are looking for once you get dressed. In the Caribbean there are several good places for all-inclusive resorts and you don't need a travel agent. Jamaica is nice and has several to choose from. Negril (on the bottom side) has less tourists but the views and ocean are spectacular. The Dominican Republic offers some great places and is less traveled. The Cayman Islands are fun to dive in but very pricey. If you are looking for the best, try Little Dix Bay but it will cost you 5K or more.

Sep 8, 2014, 10:39 AM

If you aren't looking for an all inclusive, I'd suggest Cap Juluca on Anguilla. You can fly into St. Maartin and then take a ferry over to Anguilla. Food on Anguilla is amazing, as are the beaches. Very laid back, but since it is not all inclusive, food and beverage is pricey.

Sep 8, 2014, 11:02 AM

http://www.realresorts.com/The-Royal-Playa-Carmen/

I went to this place a few years ago and would go back in a heartbeat. It is all inclusive and many of the included dining options are local restaurants. You can also freely explore the city shopping and dining. I even went on morning runs thru the city as well as a few off site excursions and never felt unsafe. Cozumel is good too if you like the party atmosphere. It is like Daytona Beach with subtitles.

I really like the Bahamas too. But being so close to the states, that is someplace you could go most anytime...in other words, maybe not a honeymoon destination.

I have also been to Sandals in Jamaica and St Lucia. I liked them too, but they were basically the same with different accents. There was no real reason to leave the resort. I left a few times, but the Jamaican locals surround you begging for money or to try sell you something you don't want. St; Lucian locals were not near as bad.

For the money....

Sep 8, 2014, 11:03 AM

Sandals in Montego Bay Jamaica. It's at the airport (so you're not on a bus for 2 hours). It's all inclusive...which is awesome. You can travel to the other resorts of Sandals for free and do all of the activities, food, booze, etc for no fees. I was scared it would be cheesey....but it wasnt. You can make the trip whatever you like. If you want privacy, you've got it. If you want to hang out with people, you can.
I love going and cant wait to return.

The wife and I went to Sandals Dunns River....

Sep 8, 2014, 11:38 AM

but for the nearly two hour shuttle ride from he!!, from the airport to the resort, it was an awesome trip.

I should have known something was fishy with the shuttle ride when the driver started handing-out bottles and bottles of free "Red Stripe" to everyone o nthe shuttle before we even left the airport.

About half way through the trip, he stopped at a store to buy more (no kidding).

Sep 8, 2014, 11:51 AM

St. Barths

Bali***

Sep 8, 2014, 11:51 AM

Sep 8, 2014, 5:03 PM

The wife and I went to the Sandals resort at Montego Bay Jamaica and we would love to go back. Everything is included in the price and great staff. We have been to Hawaii and loved it also. However, our winter time here is peak season for Hawaii because lots of people want a break from the cold weather here on the mainland. The downside to that (as we found out) it is also their rainy season so be prepared. If money isnt such a large factor, my favorite place on earth so far is the Greek island of Santorini. We absolutely loved it.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic