Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Glad Kansas beat Duke
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 2,589

Glad Kansas beat Duke

Mar 25, 2018, 7:33 PM

Now I won't Villanova to beat that @$$ !!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does Clemson getting less money excite you?

Mar 25, 2018, 7:34 PM

Cant understand for the life of me why you wouldn't be partial to conference teams winning in the tournament.

Re: Does Clemson getting less money excite you?

Mar 25, 2018, 7:36 PM

pretty simple really. it is duke.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a big amen to ^^^^^^^***

Mar 27, 2018, 10:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2018, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Does Clemson getting less money excite you? ]

Why you want the rich to keep getting Richer I'm a Clemson fan we lose out on recruits to them like the kid from Spartanburg . I do pull for the ACC especially against the SEC any day !

Mar 25, 2018, 7:51 PM

As long as Coach K is at Duke their recruiting will not drop-off, at least the further they make it in the tournament Clemson gets more money.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Mar 25, 2018, 7:55 PM

I'm pretty sure Clemson don't need Duke's tournament money !!

Mar 25, 2018, 8:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Does Clemson getting less money excite you? ]

How much money do you think we get ?

Mar 25, 2018, 9:35 PM

The days of money and payouts tied directly to advancement in the NCAA tournament ended over a decade ago.

Mar 25, 2018, 9:38 PM

Oh man you killed the ACC lovers thrill

Mar 25, 2018, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Does Clemson getting less money excite you? ]

think there is some misunderstanding over how the payout works. this is a pretty good article explaining it.the one thing it doesn't make clear is that once you (meaning a conference team) earn a 'share", you are paid for that year.. and the next 5. for example, in 2017 Each game played in the tournament ias worth $265,791. That money is paid out in each of the next six years (2017-22), with the number for each game, or unit, growing each year of the payout. Over that six-year span, the total value of a game played in this year's tournament will be at least $1.59 million.

Clemson is back in the black.

At least as far as the Atlantic Coast Conference coffers are concerned.

Basketball teams that play in the NCAA Tournament earn a single “unit”, or “share,” for each game they play, so the Tigers are emerging as a key financial contributor, thanks to their performance through the first two rounds of the tournaments.

Each unit this year is worth $273,000, which means Clemson already has earned $546,000 based on its performance in this year’s March Madness.

Once it plays Kansas on Friday night in the Sweet 16, the Tigers will have earned $819,000 — well, sort of.

That money doesn’t go directly to Clemson, but rather to the NCAA’s Division I Basketball Performance Fund, where it is combined with units earned by all other ACC teams in the tournament. Then, in mid-April, that money is disbursed to the league, which in turn distributes an equal amount to each of the ACC’s 15 basketball teams.

In other words, Pittsburgh, which went winless in the ACC, will receive just as much of a financial windfall from the Basketball Performance Fund as NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 teams Clemson, Duke, Florida State and Syracuse.

“As successful as the ACC has been, that revenue stream has always been strong for the league,” said Graham Neff, Clemson’s deputy director of athletics.

After a six-year absence from the NCAA Tournament, Coach Brad Brownell’s team is back among the ACC’s money earners.

“It’s good for Clemson to be able to contribute to that,” Neff said. “We want all the ACC teams to win, because the money does have a roundabout way of coming back to Clemson.”

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2018, 11:05 AM

THERE YOU GO AGAIN WITH THOSE SILLY FACTS.

Mar 27, 2018, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Does Clemson getting less money excite you? ]

Really? It’s duke. Did duke losing to South Carolina last year affect their recruiting for Zion? No. Duke winning the title this year or not wasnt going to affect whether not we get any recruits over them

Mar 25, 2018, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Does Clemson getting less money excite you? ]

Agreed should always pull for our conference and yes we do need the money. FOF and other facility upgrades are not free.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2018, 8:39 PM

Clemson is not hurting for money we have the best facilities in the country and just because Duke lost today doesn't mean anything .

Best facilities in the country??

Mar 25, 2018, 8:42 PM

Maybe you're referring to football?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Best facilities in the country??

Mar 25, 2018, 8:45 PM

I believe the Senneca Newspring facility is also open to BBall players, that being the case he would be correct.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2018, 8:52 PM

Don't know if we can complete with NewSpring that's a whole nother level .

Mar 25, 2018, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Best facilities in the country?? ]

I think overall the whole Sports complexes are in good shape and now we're getting Ladies softball . I've toured the new basketball complex and it is really nice .

True, from an overall athletic dept standpoint we're in good

Mar 25, 2018, 8:52 PM

shape

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Because I think the Durham AAU team is bad for college basketball.***

Mar 25, 2018, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Does Clemson getting less money excite you? ]

Mar 25, 2018, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Does Clemson getting less money excite you? ]

We don’t need no stinking fool money

Coach #### K - ambassador of the game & eff word***

Mar 26, 2018, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Does Clemson getting less money excite you? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't believe "money" is the big factor in a winning

Mar 27, 2018, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Does Clemson getting less money excite you? ]

basketball program at Clemson.

Mar 27, 2018, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Does Clemson getting less money excite you? ]

These people put their own agenda ahead of what’s best for clemson and they call themselves smart. Idiotic in the least to not pull for the conference when it earns us money. It’s about what’s best for clemson

I Don't Like the Kansas Cheaters -OR-

Mar 25, 2018, 7:35 PM

The University of New Jersey @ Durham.

well said...***

Mar 27, 2018, 10:51 AM

I pulled for a sink hole because...

Mar 26, 2018, 7:27 AM

I know that's more likely than a volcano, asteroid strike or thermonuclear detonation. I was disappointed again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

any body but dook, that includes the soviets...***

Mar 27, 2018, 10:47 AM

Replies: 28
| visibility 2,589
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic