Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just how special was this team??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Just how special was this team??

Jan 9, 2019, 2:51 PM

First we have summer "drama" with our QB depth going from absurd to depleted after KB, Zerrick, HJ, and Israel left.

A 5* DT decides he's running away from real football and headed to U5C right as we begin preparing for the season.

Then TL gets hurt the game KB leaves and we prevail through a backup that stuck it out when everyone thought he would turn his back.

Few short weeks later a great young man in CJ Fuller passes away unexpectedly and our team plays hard and overcomes this even after losing a close friend.

A true freshman breaks the Cotton Bowl 1st half passing yards after they said it would be our weak point.

One of our leaders and top DL in the country has a freak incident shining a light on Clemson and our plays stay true and work through it for their brother.

The "most efficent" offense and most complete team Alabama has assembled per sports writers is standing in the way of a true freshman, with a couple of young 19 year old targets. They hand this "greatest team ever" Saban's worst loss as an Alabama HC and one of the most lopsided NC wins ever.

15-0 for the first time in modern football, first true freshman QB to win a NC in 30 years, a 4th conference title and all this is won through resiliency that I accredit our DL seniority for instilling into players to move through these obstacles all year long thanks to a coaching staff that got players that were the perfect fit and right mentality helping everyone stay focused and continue towards the dream.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Clemson team ever, in consideration for best team ever.***

Jan 9, 2019, 2:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Best Clemson team ever, in consideration for best team ever.***

Jan 9, 2019, 2:54 PM

For sure the most heart and resiliency I've ever seen in a Clemson team and that's something I thought I'd never say after how amazing some of these teams have been.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic