Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Prices going down!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Prices going down!

Jan 4, 2017, 7:31 PM

1019 on the market on StubHub. Was close to 800 earlier today. Lowest is now $949.00. I don't think these prices will hold once the booster organizations release the tickets for each school.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prices going down!

Jan 4, 2017, 7:39 PM

How many tickets do you think will be on the marketplace by tomorrow evening?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The $949 is gone.***

Jan 4, 2017, 7:39 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The $949 is gone.***

Jan 4, 2017, 7:42 PM

That's not a big deal. Now 1053 listed. That's the important thing, that the supply is expanding. This will create more competition. Nervous sellers will try to undercut each other. They won't want to be holding an unsold ticket at gametime.

I think 56 or 7, perhaps 31 maybe 0***

Jan 4, 2017, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Prices going down! ]

I'm no prognosticator. But I'm fairly certain the supply

Jan 4, 2017, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Prices going down! ]

should continue to rise now over the next couple days, and then will probably start dwindling again. I still don't think prices drop like last year, but they won't continue to increase in the same fashion they have been over the last day or so.

Jan 4, 2017, 7:42 PM

I don't see them going down. On Monday there was 2,947 available, now we are almost under 1k. A bunch got added earlier today and are already gone.

Jan 4, 2017, 8:08 PM

Now under 1k..........demand is high

Jan 4, 2017, 8:09 PM

Meant to say under 1k tickets left

Jan 4, 2017, 7:48 PM

Seeing as our booster organization has completely sold out, and there's no reason to think Alabama's won't, I'm curious to see where you reason this flood of extra tickets will come from.

because people buy tickets for capitalistic reasons (to resell)

Jan 4, 2017, 7:50 PM

And there are specific companies/individuals who join booster clubs solely to resell the ticket quantity thereafter.

A certain percentage of people will realize they can't go (due to work or whatnot) and sell. Emergencies will come up, etc.

Either way, these people are going to make a pretty penny, even if they won't be able to make 3x+ face value like they've been going for.

There's a guy on Tigernet Tickets that just posted an ad to sell 10 IPTAY club level game tix.

Jan 4, 2017, 8:00 PM

Only asking $2k each!! Do you really think that person purchased them thinking that he/she was going to use all 10?

Re: There's a guy on Tigernet Tickets that just posted an ad to sell 10 IPTAY club level game tix.

Jan 4, 2017, 9:38 PM
IMG_6891.PNG(272.8 K)

Here's another goodie. A "Clemson" fan admits to buying tickets off StubHub just so he can most likely double his money off of another Clemson fan. And he feigns that it's savings the buyer money. Capitalism at its best. I can understand allowing that to be posted on StubHub or a 3rd party site, but on Tigernet Tickets? He's no real Clemson fan.

Besides emergencies or work obstacles, there's also the

Jan 4, 2017, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Prices going down! ]

financial side where people are finding all the other parts - travel, hotels, etc. - to be a bit much. I wouldn't doubt that around 15% of both sides are going to be put on the market in the next day.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Besides emergencies or work obstacles, there's also the

Jan 4, 2017, 10:12 PM

Patience is the key the ball is in the sellers court right now. Once it gets close to kickoff someone is going to unload them for what they can get. I have never been to a game that at least one scalper did not have too many tickets. They may not like people like me but get close to kickoff and they squirm because that paper is worthless in 2 hours.

Not on Stubhub...cheapest single ticket is $1,300 after fees***

Jan 4, 2017, 7:59 PM

nm

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not on Stubhub...cheapest single ticket is $1,300 after fees***

Jan 4, 2017, 8:02 PM

That's with fees. That's not what seller's are netting. It's a 20% markup on the buyer's side (and I believe a 10% fee from the seller's side as well, which wouldn't be included in that number).

Re: Not on Stubhub...cheapest single ticket is $1,300 after fees***

Jan 4, 2017, 8:14 PM

no kidding. went to buy a pair of the $1,300 tickets and they added on another $500 for transaction and delivery fees.

What kind of delivery or transaction costs $500 to download and print tickets at home?

Jan 4, 2017, 8:03 PM

We are going and taking our chances of buying a ticket right before the game. It has always worked for us to get good seats and cheap tickets right before game time. If we don't get any we will watch on the widescreen in the Fleetwood.

It's amazing how cheap those tickets will get when people are unloading them to cut their losses because the have to many left.

It's not a 100% plan but has worked for every big game I've been to and decided to try that at the last minute.

Go Tigers 36
Little sec 17

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I'm in the same boat.

Jan 4, 2017, 8:08 PM

If prices don't come down enough before I fly out, then I'll be in Tampa without game tickets. I'm waiting for people (especially the greedy ones) to get desperate right before gametime because they had decided early on that they wouldn't sell their tickets below an outrageous price. Whoops, opportunity cost!

Plan B...I'm quite content being outside the stadium in my friend's tailgate house across the street. Just being there it that atmosphere all day (and night after we win) should be awesome!

^^worked for me for 30 years

Jan 4, 2017, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Prices going down! ]

Will work again

Super bowl, game 7 of Stanley cup, World Series

Patience is a virtue and pregame stuff matters none

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2017, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Prices going down! ]

Humbleservsnt- how are you going to verify that the ticket you get right before gametime is a real ticket?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2017, 9:03 PM

You make the scalper walk to the turnstile with you.

I'd say the AVERAGE price will drop a good bit

Jan 4, 2017, 8:31 PM

because those priced wacky at $3-4000 are not going to get any bites, but the LOWEST prices ($900-1500) will not, because those are still being scooped up.

So you may get a ticket priced right now at $3500 for $1800, but you won't get a $1000 ticket for $750.

You won't get in for under $900-1100 unless you get really, really lucky. There are way too many buyers out there looking whose upper limit keeps inching up by the hour. I talked to several myself today at work, who have stretched their max price way up - 2 days ago, they were looking for $700 tickets; today they are willing to go $1000 each if/when they find them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a good assessment.

Jan 4, 2017, 8:34 PM

Though I still think the lower end ticket prices will drop with an impending kickoff.

Re: I'd say the AVERAGE price will drop a good bit

Jan 4, 2017, 8:58 PM [ in reply to I'd say the AVERAGE price will drop a good bit ]

Exactly.

If tickets keep selling quickly when they're at $1100, why would it move down? The $3K tickets, on the other hand...

Re: I'd say the AVERAGE price will drop a good bit

Jan 4, 2017, 9:18 PM
1 4 905pm.jpg(98.6 K)

These are the recent sales on StubHub. The price you are seeing is without the fees so add 20% that the buyer pays. The seller get the listing fee minus 10%. Any hard tickets (non PDF) that were not at the StubHub Last Minute Service center in Tampa were removed tonight at 8:00PM.

what are you selling yours for?

Jan 4, 2017, 9:31 PM

Nm

Jan 4, 2017, 9:48 PM

FYI....

The four tix I bought on Ticketmaster less than 36 hours ($1050 each after fees) ago cost 2X what I paid for them right now (same section now selling for over $2100).

Crazy!

ZA

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic