Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Besides Hunter Renfrow, who was the biggest "surprise"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Besides Hunter Renfrow, who was the biggest "surprise"

Oct 4, 2018, 7:30 PM

on this team, from recruiting ranking to the product he puts out on the field?

JD Davis stepping in at GT definitely put him on the radar. Is there anyone else?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Besides Hunter Renfrow, who was the biggest "surprise"

Oct 4, 2018, 7:37 PM

I know Simmons and XT were rated highly, so I guess one should expect a lot. But BOTH have exceeded my expectations. Simmons is awesome IMO, and XT is off the freaking charts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

XT is our forth highest rated recruit of all time

Oct 4, 2018, 7:38 PM

you shouldn't be surprised

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2018, 7:38 PM

ETN -late addition and a star. Will play on Sundays.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2018, 7:49 PM

Oh this is very easy. Kendall Joseph and it’s not even close. Like at all. Dude is a ball hawk. Won’t measure well at pro combines and will be lucky to get drafted top 5 rounds but is just a great football player and can play all linebacker positions

Oct 4, 2018, 7:56 PM

Good point. What was he recruited as?

Oct 4, 2018, 8:35 PM

A linebacker but was a low 3 star. 1 service had him as a 4 I think but he’s been steady for 3 years now

Oct 4, 2018, 7:50 PM

Last year it was Ryan Carter

Oct 4, 2018, 7:52 PM

Coty Sensabaugh was a 2*, drafted in the 4th rd
Vic Beasley was a 3* (ATH,) drafted 8th overall
Grady Jarett was low 3*, drafter in the 5th round, but has proven to be a dominate player
Cordrea Tankersley was a 3*, drafted in 3rd rd

I am going with Vic or Jarrett.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2018, 7:56 PM

"On this team"

... Sorry. Confusing.

Oct 4, 2018, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Besides Hunter Renfrow, who was the biggest "surprise" ]

Oh I thought the question was on our current roster for this year. Mine would be kwon Wallace

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2018, 8:21 PM

I have to go Tanner Muse. Should have been higher than a 3 star recruit.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/news/_/id/180628/tanner-muse

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2018, 8:36 PM

Tanners muse’s production is that of a 3 star. I’m not getting this

Oct 4, 2018, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Besides Hunter Renfrow, who was the biggest "surprise" ]

That’s my distant number 2 behind Kendall Joseph

Oct 4, 2018, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Besides Hunter Renfrow, who was the biggest "surprise" ]

Sensabaugh is the one I always think of. He was recruited by nobody...think he was headed to App State until we offered very late. I think we just needed numbers at CB and we took a flyer on him. He’s still in the NFL playing meaningful snaps.

Oct 4, 2018, 8:17 PM

Mine would be Morgan Woodard.... walk-on tight end that was 5'7" and started in 1999 and 2000. Once pancake blocked Justin Smith (all american DE at Missouri that was a first round draft pick by the Bengals in 2001) in 2000 I believe in Death Valley on the goal line. Morgan made the edge for Javis Austin to score.

All of our TEs left the program (LeMay, Cyrgalis) after Bowden came and we went from the I to spread under Rich Rod. They moved TJ Watkins from TE to tackle and FB Vinnie Circucu (misspelled) transferred to BC and become a NFL LB for the Panthers.

I'm aging myself a bit here, but Morgan was a stud... just not very tall.

Go Tigers !!!

Message was edited by: bobbyb99®

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2018, 8:47 PM

If we're allowing historical rosters here, Danny Ford tells an interesting story about David Treadwell having grown up playing soccer, and never having kicked a football in a game situation at any level before he won that Virginia Tech game in 1985.

Huegel... "You say you need a kicker...?"***

Oct 4, 2018, 8:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2018, 8:22 PM

K'Von Wallace, Gage Cervenka, Tanner Muse, and Austin Bryant have all out shined their recruiting rankings and cracked our starting lineup as 2-3 stars Bryant being a lower end 4 star.

Oct 4, 2018, 9:09 PM

K'Von came in like a 5 star and has continued to play at that level. No clue how he was not rated higher. I remember watching his film thinking this kid is going to be great!

Oct 5, 2018, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Besides Hunter Renfrow, who was the biggest "surprise" ]

Austin Bryant was not a lower end 4 star. He was ranked by rivals as the no. 149 player in the country.

Oct 4, 2018, 8:31 PM

No other surprise, not even Renfrow. When someone comes in I watch the film. Renfrow, I watched his film when most were asking why he was offered. I posted he is a catch. Watch he will play, heard the same thing about Ryan Carter. I announced the talent of ETN and Higgins , dexter Wilkins , Watson told people he would surpass Tajh . And Ross. I have no Surprises , I know talent. My buddy chesty puller can call games , except for last week. But he called GT to the exact final. So if I don’t know we’ll ask him.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Oct 4, 2018, 8:47 PM

Gallman everyone was saying he was a LBer , tre Lamar I mean I could go on an on, if you want to know about talent , just look for my posts. I haven’t missed yet. But I have Marine buddies that have different talents so look for it!
GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Oct 4, 2018, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Besides Hunter Renfrow, who was the biggest "surprise" ]

Gallman everyone was saying he was a LBer , tre Lamar I mean I could go on an on, if you want to know about talent , just look for my posts. I haven’t missed yet. But I have Marine buddies that have different talents so look for it!
GO TIGERS!!!!!!

3 Star Safety Starting @ Clemson

Oct 4, 2018, 8:59 PM

Spruce Looking at the "spirit of the question". Who has outplayed their star ranking basically. How on a Brent Venables defense does a 3 star player start essentially 2 years with the talent we have coming in. That is a testament to how hard Muse has worked. Dude is fast too!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 3 Star Safety Starting @ Clemson

Oct 5, 2018, 8:39 AM

That’s just it though when you look at that position we don’t have star talent. We almost never have highly rated safeties. Van smith and jadar Johnson both 3 stars. Muse starts over Nolan turner and Denzel Johnson lol like I said, muse is a 3 star and has not been any better. He can’t cover consistently

Oct 4, 2018, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Besides Hunter Renfrow, who was the biggest "surprise" ]

Ok Walt

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2018, 8:48 PM

CHASE BRICE!!! 4th and 6!!! That was a surprise.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For me, it’s been Etienne’s rapid development.

Oct 4, 2018, 9:06 PM

He was so under the radar as a recruit and we appeared to take him late in the process as a replacement for a decommitment which made it appear that he was a compromise ... which has turned out to be anything but the case!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2018, 9:07 PM

Falcinelli was a 3 star and now one of the top centers in the acc.

Potter

Oct 4, 2018, 9:59 PM

3* day one starter. Badly needed too.

Oct 4, 2018, 10:07 PM

Not trying to beat a dead horse or spark more talk about this exhausted issue...

But honestly, KB was the biggest surprise to me that we made it through and won that many games and got to the CFBP again with him playing QB with such a low level of performance, passing TD's, everything else etc. He somehow still managed to win us games (granted our defense was stout) until Alabama completely exposed him.

Coach Don Munson***

Oct 4, 2018, 10:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about

Oct 4, 2018, 10:47 PM

Will Swinney has been a great holder. He is very consistent. Not just a coaches son but a real contributor.

Message was edited by: The Doorman®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2018, 8:50 AM
Nancy O'dell.jpg(135.9 K)

Best one I can think of came is as a 5 STAR and left a 10!

Oct 5, 2018, 8:51 AM

That oughta get your pulse up to hunnert percent!

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic