Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Move the pocket - Bentley Roll Out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Move the pocket - Bentley Roll Out

Nov 23, 2018, 12:39 PM

Duke had a little success with designed rollouts. Watching the tape, I couldn’t figure out the tell, but they would leave the backside unblocked. Had unblocked defenders in hot pursuit several times but rarely got home on Jones.

I suspect we will see the ##### try this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Move the pocket - Bentley Roll Out

Nov 23, 2018, 12:45 PM

LOL Jones is a better quarterback than Bentboy. Better passer, better runner. BV and staff has had 10 games of their offense to watch. I don't think our defense is scared. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Move the pocket - Bentley Roll Out

Nov 23, 2018, 1:13 PM

Scared isn't in our D guys vocabulary, I don't think they even know what that means, Scared??? ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They did that early

Nov 23, 2018, 12:46 PM

But on most of those plays the pursuing defenders got to the QB just after he released the ball, and the QB still took some serious hits. Hats off to the Duke QB who took a pounding, but eventually that caught up with him... and it would catch up with Bentley as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They did that early

Nov 23, 2018, 12:48 PM

The weird thing was he was rolling to his left most of the time which slowed his ability to get the throw out quickly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Bentley does OK against those crappy $-EZ defenses...

Nov 23, 2018, 1:07 PM

but he will have no such luck against one of the nations best on Saturday.

Daddy pulls him in the 4th quarter again out fear that he gets hurt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Bentley does OK against those crappy $-EZ defenses...

Nov 23, 2018, 1:27 PM

Your worst offensive output of the season came against an $-EZ defense...

Nov 23, 2018, 1:29 PM

You mean our 2nd game of the season when Bryant was still starting AT Texas A&M? That offensive output? Play that same team now, 2+ touchdown win. Don't even pretend with your lame pessimism.

Nov 23, 2018, 1:30 PM

A lot of excuses considering you were playing such a poor $-EZ defense.

At least according to Biggie.

I'll just let Flake Headroom's stats against Clemson...

Nov 23, 2018, 1:48 PM

speak for themselves.

His history more than supports that we he faces most of the weak opponents on your schedule he does OK, but against any team with an actual defensive pulse, like Clemson, he folds like a cheap lawn chair.

Your silence is noted !!!!***

Nov 23, 2018, 2:27 PM

Nov 23, 2018, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Bentley does OK against those crappy $-EZ defenses... ]

So are you bragging that Sec defenses are better than UTChattanooga and Coastal Carolina? Because those are the only games they have played out of conference. Give me a break. Run on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2018, 1:33 PM

You'll have to ask Biggie, he's the one that brought up all these $-EZ defenses.

I'm not sure what he's trying to argue.

There's nothing to argue.

Nov 23, 2018, 1:55 PM

Return to this bored tomorrow night at 11.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2018, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Bentley does OK against those crappy $-EZ defenses... ]

We played a decent defense without a true QB1 that night. Let’s pretend an SEC defense means a defense that is tough and has speed and size.

If this is true and what we mean by SEC defense, we have only played one of those type defenses and tomorrow night we won’t be playing another. Your secondary is soft and can’t cover, your LBs are slightly bigger than our DBs and can’t tackle, and your DLine is small and slow off the ball. Cheers to another SEC defense.

Nov 23, 2018, 2:53 PM

THIS *** LOL !!

It sure did...

Nov 23, 2018, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Bentley does OK against those crappy $-EZ defenses... ]

in the first real game of the season against an opponent with no film to study yet we still won the game.

yup, gimpy 4th quarter for jones

Nov 23, 2018, 12:51 PM [ in reply to They did that early ]

He took a lot of hits in the pocket. I didn’t see many on the rollouts as he got rid of the ball pretty quick, unless he tucked and ran.

And no one said anything about scared just commenting on something I anticipate seeing from the dirtpeckers.

Re: yup, gimpy 4th quarter for jones

Nov 23, 2018, 1:07 PM

I know what you mean. Everything you say, someone wants to say you’re scared. Just don’t understand how discussions mean you’re scared.

Listening to the guys from sec blog?? Breakdown the game. Really good breakdown and it’s on YouTube but I don’t have the link. Anyway, they said the same thing and Muschump has said they’re going to try tempo.

These guys are not pundits, but I’ve listened to them 3 times now and they’ve been on the mark so far. In fact, nailed it on our natty game with bama, tosu, and last year with bama. Long story short, they’re predicting a 31-16 victory and one predicted 31-20... both agreed it’ll take some help from us for coots to win, and would need to keep our offense in the low 20’s to have a chance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so they are picking a lot closer game than vegas

Nov 23, 2018, 1:09 PM

imagine that

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They did that early

Nov 23, 2018, 1:18 PM [ in reply to They did that early ]

Yep, they will have little Jakey talking out his A$S again saying things like never> never> never> again!!! Everybody will know that he doesn't know what he is saying, just words from a guy that is punch drunk!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their is one on the field faster than Bentley.

Nov 23, 2018, 4:05 PM

Our defense. Unless he's accurate on the run he won't be happy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic