Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bellflower to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 5,811

Bellflower to Clemson

May 6, 2019, 3:15 PM

I looked at Bellflower on Google Earth. I was expecting (based on the name) a small city or big town somewhere near a bigger city (like Ngata and Folsom, near Sacramento). But dang'd if Bellflower isn't dead center of the 13 million strong LA metroplex.

That's one BIG culture change to absorb. Here's to DJ appreciating all the elbow room he's about to get.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bellflower to Clemson

May 6, 2019, 3:27 PM

He has played against top level competition in this area of California so he should be accustomed to big games. I think Dom Bosco travels to the east coast to play some other big time prep schools. I don’t believe they have played IMG but I do know that Mater Dei beat the Florida school this past season.

May 6, 2019, 7:45 PM

Yes sir, and with the type of high caliber competition he plays against, this kid may push TL pretty hard!!! Iron sharpens Iron, and hopefully they will sharpen each other to a razors edge!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed they play some serious football over here

May 6, 2019, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Bellflower to Clemson ]

He will be bringing some really good habits I am certain. It is win win win in so many ways

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2019, 3:36 PM

Not really too bad. When I went to Clemson I was from close to Bellflower. Its not like it's NYC. It's sprawling. I had 2 other friends from the same area who I met when I went to Clemson who were a class ahead of me. No big deal for them either. The only culture difference I noticed was that people were more friendly and easier to get to know at Clemson. Girls were way nicer too. The only thing I missed about home was In N Out Burger and quality Mexican food. Now the city of Clemson has way better food than when I was there. DJ is loving it.

Where are you originally from Carlsbad?

May 6, 2019, 3:46 PM

I moved to Charleston in 2013 but before that, was in LA for 7 years. Lived in Westwood for one year, Manhattan Beach for 3 and Hermosa Beach for 3.

DJ will like Clemson just fine. He said he was looking to get out of California, as are many others for different reasons, mostly having to do with the cost of living, taxes and congestion.

I absolutely loved the weather and my beach towns, but the pull of lower cost and family was too much to stay.

I grew up in PV, also lived in Torrence and went to Hermosa

May 8, 2019, 5:09 AM

beach a lot

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2019, 4:43 PM

thought Byrnes High School play Bosco few years ago.

That was Don Bosco Prep in New Jersey***

May 6, 2019, 4:50 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A friend from LA once told me...

May 7, 2019, 9:41 AM

Everybody that doesn't live there wants to get in and everyone that lives there wants to get out. I have two friends that recently moved there from Philly and NOLA, and one that moved from LA to Baltimore so I kind of believe that.

May 8, 2019, 4:52 AM

I live probably 30 minutes from Bellflower. Bellflower certainly isn't Compton or Watts or Norwalk although it is relatively close by to those communities. It is not really an affluent community and is South of Los Angeles and is closer to Long Beach. Trust me Clemson is much nicer than Bellflower. No knock on Bellflower but Clemson is just far superior in regards to community, etc. I mean yeah he can go to the beach here and get there in about an hours time but the water is nasty and freezing cold. He is gonna be just fine having fun on the lake in Clemson. Clemson vs Bellflower is night and day. There is nothing he has seen in Los Angeles or Bellflower that will compare to the beauty of Clemson. There really isn't anything good in Los Angeles. You just have to live here to know. Traffic sucks where he lives as well. Just pretty miserable getting around. He seems like a good kid and has good family and faith. Clemson is perfect fit for him to continue to grow and be successful in whatever he chooses. I look forward to supporting him this season on Friday nights. Had intended to catch a few games last year but never could get my schedule to work out to be available for Friday nights. May need to take that Clemson Paw to Upland this year as well on Fridays for Justin Flowe.

DJs family can fly from LAX to GSP on Frontier airlines for pretty cheap. If they search the daily deals on Frontier airlines for the 75% off deals and such, they can fly roundtrip for like 150 bucks. I've done it before from LAX to GSP. Heck I'll be their travel arranger and find good deals for them.

Replies: 10
| visibility 5,811
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic