Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: We Want...Bama?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 81
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: We Want...Bama?

Dec 7, 2013, 9:20 AM

We Want...Bama?

Teams across the country have been clamoring for the chance to take on the Alabama Crimson Tide in the post-season, and Clemson might just be the team to get that chance. That chance includes a lot of storylines. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we'd gone to the Big 12 we wouldn't have this issue.***

Dec 7, 2013, 9:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we'd gone to the Big 12 we wouldn't have this issue.***

Dec 7, 2013, 9:46 AM

Was that ever a serious consideration, other than on message boards?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2013, 11:59 AM [ in reply to If we'd gone to the Big 12 we wouldn't have this issue.*** ]

We were not invited to the Big 12.
Try again!

Dec 7, 2013, 1:22 PM [ in reply to If we'd gone to the Big 12 we wouldn't have this issue.*** ]

What? Are you serious? Clemson fans getting soft - scared of Bama? What would coach ford say?

are you still on strike for a pay raise at Micky D's***

Dec 7, 2013, 7:40 PM

Believe me, we DO NOT want Bama.

Dec 7, 2013, 9:43 AM

No way, no how. Completely different animal from LSU in the Peach Bowl last year. Tajh can't handle pressure, he gets tight! Saban and Smart will dial up SO MUCH pressure against us from the opening whistle on. We couldn't get the coots off the field, do you think we'll get McCarron, Yeldon, et al off of the field?

An elite pressure defense against that weak OL that we have. Sure, they played better against USuC, but this is a Bama defense that will just eat us alive. Saban will not lose two in a row. Auburn got lucky/fluky in order to beat them. We'll not only get beat, but get beat in an embarrassing fashion. They probably won't score 70 the way West Virginia did because Saban is not one to run the score up, but it would be something like 49-7.

What makes anyone think we could stay within four touchdowns of an elite Bama team?

As I said, this is not a 2012 LSU team, this is 2013 Alabama team, a very good, if not great team. As evidenced by our play against FSU and USuC, we don't play well in big games. 6 turnovers? More like 10 against Bama. By halftime! I can hear Dabo now, "Well, except for those 10 turnovers, we played pretty well."

Vegas' line would be only 8-12, so the 4 touchdown thing

Dec 7, 2013, 9:49 AM

is silly.

Still, would be very tough but fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Believe me, we DO NOT want Bama.

Dec 7, 2013, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Believe me, we DO NOT want Bama. ]

I agree with you. Unless we are simply after the $$$ and don't care about our reputation as a relevant football team, we should not want to put our team in that position. Some argue that we need to play the big boys to improve and I agree with that but let's take the stairs and not try to catapult to the top.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In other words...

Dec 7, 2013, 9:58 AM

You are saying that our ranking throughout the year was a total fraud, and we aren't really competitive at that level EVEN IF we are able to play without all the turnovers and dumb mistakes? You speak of our program being "relevant"... how can we prove our relevance if we can't at least be competitive in games against top quality competition??

We need this kind of challenge. This is the kind of opportunity a program needs to make the move to the next level. We ain't gonna prove that by beating up on Syracuse and UVA.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In other words...

Dec 7, 2013, 10:04 AM

We didn't give FSU (possibly the soon to be NC) a game at all this year and we fell apart in the game against scar. I'm just not convinced that we wouldn't shoot ourselves in the foot with a complete blowout from bama (the soon to be the former 2x NC).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up