Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Being older than dirt, I can admit my errors...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Being older than dirt, I can admit my errors...

Aug 13, 2017, 2:29 PM

So with that being said, I don't see the kind of success for our Tigers in term of Wins in 2017. We are loaded but someone's got to lead the loaded.. A smart man once said if you've got 2 QB's you've got NO QB's. I fear 8-4 which will cause some people to hurl themselves from the upper decks in disbelief and ESPN is dusting off the "C-word" for our game against Auburn. Again, I pray I'm wrong but we've got just too many questions to be answered in such a short time. 15-0 or 8-4 I love this team and my university! Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well we have 4 QBs so no need to worry***

Aug 13, 2017, 2:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Being older than dirt, I can admit my errors...

Aug 13, 2017, 2:38 PM

I'm not older than dirt but after having watched Clemson football for 30 years I can tell you there would have to be some real disasters in this season for this team to drop 4 games in the regular season. You guys jumping to conclusions based on a scrimmage against what may just be the best defensive unit in the nation blow my mind. Doomsday predictions at this point are very premature and echo the cries of coot journalists coming out of Columbia. Not saying you're a coot but hold off on that kind of prediction at least until we know what our guys look like going against someone besides their teammates.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

after only

Aug 13, 2017, 2:55 PM

Five or six practice days I would be surprised if the Tigers were in top form! If we played tomorrow, we might have a rough time.......... but we don't play tomorrow. Ease up and let's see what the country's best coaches can do.

Re: after only

Aug 13, 2017, 3:17 PM

We could wait and see how we respond to Aubum but, if we lose to Aubum, we won't be able to lose another game to be considered for post season play. I really don't think that Aubum will be our toughest game of the season. FSU and Louivile will be, and both are in conference. That means that we can't afford a loss to Aubum IMO....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2017, 3:46 PM

Yes. I posted something similar earlier today. We have the talent to come out of September 4-0 but going 3-1 and running the table from there on out we can get in the playoff. Time will tell. Chemistry. Execution. Leadership.

Aug 13, 2017, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: after only ]

BTW I forgot to mention something I stated earlier today as well. The first month of CFB tends to be whacky. Offenses tend to start slow. Even our offense last year did. So did the Newton lead Auburn team in 2010. I know it sounds silly but we just need to score more than our opponent and get the W. Don't be discouraged if the O is not firing on all cylinders out of the gate. If I went off of the Auburn game last year to guage our team I would've said there was no way we could win the National Championship. Look what happened. I love to be wrong sometimes. :)

Aug 13, 2017, 3:43 PM [ in reply to after only ]

Exactly

Aug 13, 2017, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Being older than dirt, I can admit my errors... ]

Good point my friend. Pointy well taken.

Aug 13, 2017, 3:49 PM

Cool man. I was hoping I didn't sound harsh because that's definitely not what I meant to be. I know the concerns but I'm a glass half full kind of guy when it comes to the unknowns with this team. This ain't the Bowden era if you know what I mean.:)

If they start saying Clemsoning AFTER WINNING...

Aug 13, 2017, 3:52 PM

The National Championship, it's time for T-Net to form a militia and take over Bristol, CT.

~JKB

And thank you mods for censoring that dirty C-word!

Aug 13, 2017, 3:53 PM

I approve!

~JKB

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic