Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Being Fair
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,115

Being Fair

Feb 9, 2020, 9:48 PM

I think it is fair to judge Coach Brownell on his total 10 years. It is not fair to put much credence in this year. If you know anything about our basketball team going into this year you would know that looking at our roster going in that winning 5 games in the ACC ( which we already have) would be more than you could hope for. Add to that injuries and there is no doubt we win tonight with Sims in the lineup. We have a shot at winning another game or two and honestly 13-17 or 14-16 is something I never expected this team to be able to do. Also it's easy to forget we were in the Sweet 16 year before last and almost beat Kansas for an Elite 8 slot. How fast we forget. Last year was disappointing but we still were 20-14.Just trying to be fair and reasonable. I can understand a change ( though I don't think it will help ) and I will pull for the Tigers no matter who our Coach is. I have lived with Clemson Basketball and supported them since David Angel played in the late 60s. We just don't have much consistent tradition no matter the Coach. Just BE FAIR !

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Being Fair

Feb 9, 2020, 10:05 PM

Just my 2 cents BUT I think we have been more than FAIR with CBB .......10 years and still here.....and getting paid 3 million bucks ......think he might be getting the best end of this deal thus far....Go Tigers!!!!!

Feb 9, 2020, 10:06 PM

Crying over this years team for any reason, or about anything doesn't damper the past 10 years as whole at all, bc all ten has looked the same. Am I calling for the firing of Brad, absolutely not bc the next BB head coach will do about the same or even worse!!! For my 10 thousand time, until our admin is willing to get behind BBall as they have FB, 7th, 8th, 9th, or even last place in the ACC will be about as good as we will be, and it is just that simple!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2020, 10:13 PM

Serious question as iv seen this posted a lot but what is expected of the admin , or i guess what I am asking is what do you think they should be doing so much better? Also tired of the “this years team” excuse... it’s simply bc of the guy can’t recruit ... this is what happens when you build a program off of transfers IMO, always good to have a couple than can contribute But not how you build consistent depth... iv been done with him a while but the fact that we lost ONE starter from a sweet 16 team and didn’t make the tourney should be all you need to see

Feb 9, 2020, 10:17 PM

Being fair.....it is his responsibility to put together a roster capable of competing.
Relying almost exclusively on low rated recruits and transfers is a recipe for disaster.
Most of the time transfers are just you taking on someone's else problems, headaches and failures.
After 10 years either the program will succeed or not based on recruiting, development and retention.
.....Just being fair.

I'm not judging him on this season.

Feb 9, 2020, 10:22 PM

In 10 years he has won more than 17 games just 4 times.

22–12
16–15
13–18
23–13
16–15
17–14
17–16
25–10
20–14
11–10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,115
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic