Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Beer In Stadium
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Beer In Stadium

Jan 28, 2018, 8:18 PM

I have heard from a reliable source that Bud Light has purchased the beer rights for the stadium. This could happen in 2018 but no later than 2019. My understanding is that if beer is sold in the stadium, fans will not be able to leave at halftime. If this is the case, we need to make sure this does not happen. I am all in for tailgating and having a good time but we do not need beer in the stadium. There is ample time to have your favorite beverage before that game, after the game, and at halftime. Leaving the game at halftime is a tradition at Clemson. We need to let the Board and our AD know that we want to continue to allow pass-outs at halftime and keep beer out of the stadium. Keep the family atmosphere. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree that we don't need beer in DV.............

Jan 28, 2018, 8:41 PM

because of all the tailgating that we have there's no reason for beer in the stadium. If you want to booze it up then do it before or after the game or at halftime.

As much as it costs for IPTAY dues and tickets, etc. I want to focus on watching the games, not drinking. Also, we need to uphold the family atmosphere inside DV.

Re: I agree that we don't need beer in DV.............

Jan 28, 2018, 8:45 PM

There's enough drunks already in the stadium. Don't need any more.

Agree 100%. Had enough negative experiences with drunks...

Jan 28, 2018, 8:49 PM

...in NFL stadiums over the years. We do not need that at Death Valley.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Beer In Stadium

Jan 28, 2018, 8:43 PM

Reliable source ?????

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Jan 28, 2018, 9:00 PM

Reliable source was a SC individual in the beer industry.

Let's see...

Jan 29, 2018, 12:00 PM

what former Clemson QB and current radio color guy owns a Budweiser distributorship in SC?

Hmm....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I thought you were going to say that

Jan 28, 2018, 8:44 PM

Seth was working out hard even in this dark rainy weather.

Probably not true...but you're right...

Jan 28, 2018, 8:45 PM

...no need for beer sales in the stadium. Real men get liquored up before kickoff by starting at 6am.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2018, 9:05 PM

NO BEER PLEASE...... our reputation in the stadium is stellar.....trivia..
What to away teams did we play that threw beer cans etc. at our players...coached, and officials??

Jan 28, 2018, 9:06 PM

What TWO?

Jan 28, 2018, 9:36 PM

Booze in the stadium? Don't think so. Nothing against drinking, done my share. But plenty of drinking already goes on. At the chickens game I had a parking spot near Bernies. Went to Bernies to get some chicken and to use the bathroom. A dude ahead of me needed to use the stall and said for me to go ahead in. While I was doing my biz, I noticed that the guy already in the stall had both feet sticking out the side of the stall. I told the other guy you might want to check on him.

He did. The guy in the stall was blotto, unable to move, sitting on the toilet in his own vomit. Kept saying just give me a minute but could not move. Needless to say, did not enjoy the game, and not because of the outcome.

We like to believe that the chickens are naturally corrupt and inferior and there is evidence for that, but much of their awful behavior is based on how they set up their games. Historically, Clemson has had all games at 1, since it only had lights for the last 25 years and there was a lack of hotels in the area. Carolina always set their games as much as possible at night, with folks staying over in hotels, and like LSU, people spend all day getting loaded. It is no mystery why we see all the middle fingers and thrown bottles in Billy Brice.

We don't need the stadium letting people top off. It is one thing we don't need to imitate others in.

Jan 28, 2018, 9:45 PM

Im a Panthers PSL owner and I buy tickets to every Clemson home game and I have more issues with drunk idiots at Clemson games... beer sales might help so people don’t try to come into the games hammered... you lose a family atmosphere when the entire walk to the stadium there is people with suitcases of beers and empty beer cans everywhere

Jan 29, 2018, 10:28 AM

Although it would not be popular the University should consider not letting people exit/return from stadium at have time. I think we are one of 3 sites that still allows reentry. For everyone concerned about drunks in the stadium there are plenty of people who are going out and pounding a few beers before returning. In addition if you look around in the third quarter it is often half way through the quarter (and sometimes never for smaller games) that people return to cheer for the Tigers.

I am fine with no beer in the stadium as well. With the tailgating before and after the game if you cant wait three hours or so for another drink there is probably another problem.

Jan 29, 2018, 11:53 AM

You make a good point here. I would say that not all halftime activity in the parking lot revolves around drinking. There is certainly a social aspect of meeting friends at the car at halftime and the ability to do some more tailgating (eating). Clemson is unique for the leave and return policy as we have a safe, rural setting and parking lots with a close proximity to the stadium.

I thought the NCAA had a firm rule

Jan 29, 2018, 2:18 PM

In place that alcohol beverages can not be sold in “On Campus” stadiums .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2018, 11:42 AM

I'm not against us selling beer (we have to come up with more revenue to keep our staff in place somehow), but if it forfeits our right to leave and come back into the stadium, I vote "NO".

Also, Bud Light is turrible. Sell the rights to Stone or Westbrook so we can at least get proper drunk.

Re: Beer In Stadium***

Jan 29, 2018, 12:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Jan 29, 2018, 2:13 PM

1. This is a lie, Budweiser has not purchased any rights as far as we know. So this is another poor attempt to troll tigernet

2. Its wrong to assume that those who want to drink in the stadium wish to get sloppy, rowdy drunk. That's not the case. I would like ot enjoy a cold beer while watching my tigers. That's all. You don't have the right to say I cant.

3. Beer used to be sold in Death Valley without incident.

4. Your argument is illogical. Its a straw man, slippery slope with absolutely zero factual evidence that beer would be a bad thing.

5. Beer in stadiums is a huge financial success for the schools that have allowed it. The revenue from beer can create huge revenue to sustain our success in the "football arms race". Why do you want to put a hinderance on our program that already struggles to break even, AND we have to continue to compete with the Alabama's and Ohio State's in revenue in order to compete consistently? Beer revenue makes IPTAY's job a lot easier.

6. The additional beer revenue would supplement high ticket costs and alleviate ticketing problems.

7. Multiple, peer reviewed studies show, on average, a 30% decrease in alcohol related incidents in the stands. yes thats right, when college stadiums allow beer in the stadium, alcohol related incidents (fights, sloppy drunks, harassment, blackouts, etc) actually go down.

8. The people who are sloppy trashy drunks will be so regardless. Right now, they shotgun booze before the game and during halftime. They sneak in mini bottles and beer. There's nothing you can do to stop it. Besides, studies show these people sneak in so much, and drink so much more to the point of illegal belligerency BECAUSE they aren't allowed to drink in the stadium. They Drink significantly more, and get significantly drunker, because they know a bunch of sunday school soccer mom's on tigernet like to B!tch about the sky falling. So these sloppy drunks go out of their way to get sloppy drunk. This phenomenon decreases when you allow alcohol in the stadium. Its funny, you tell people they aren't allowed to do something, so they do it even more!

Every argument against bring booze in is based on nothing but illogical fears. You guys are starting to sound more like a catholic school nun afraid of the sky falling than a bunch of Clemson fans.

Beer is coming, and soon!

Jan 29, 2018, 7:58 PM

I do not lie. I stated that I heard about the beer rights from a reliable source. That is true. I made no statement that people would get drunker if beer was sold in the stadium. It is my opinion that beer should not be sold in the stadium and we should still accommodate the exit and return policy at halftime.

Seth can sit wherever he wants In Stadium***

Jan 29, 2018, 8:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic