Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Been patient, but my take on QB situation and KB.. bit of a ramble
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Been patient, but my take on QB situation and KB.. bit of a ramble

Jan 10, 2018, 9:52 AM

KB did a good job this year of managing the offense, limiting mistakes for the most part and keeping us in a position to win a lot of games.. which we did. Much appreciated and can’t discount 12 wins. However, our running game this year was the focus and very successful for the most part. However, I don’t think any of us would say KBs passing skills during the year were anything more than ehhh.. Our defense was top notch and allowed for us to be conservative with both the game plan and play calling. When challenged by a team that takes away the main aspect of your game (running for us this year) and loads the box forcing us to pass, it became quite clear really quick either KB couldn’t read through the progressions quick enough or check down. I understand bama loaded the box and brought pressure on our offensive line all night and they had troubles. Would they have done this though if they were worried at all about KB being able to read the scheme properly and make the quick throws for 4-5 yards a clip and expose that plan? I have to think not. We can blame the O line all we want, but in reality the o line got hammered bc bama brought full pressure most of the night without any worries what so ever of getting ‘caught’ by KB. Georgia did the same thing back to Bama in the first half of their game. Saban however made the change and brought someone in that can keep the defense honest. For those saying he’s raw, just finding his rythym.. HE’S GOING TO BE A SENIOR. Let’s not forget the kid from Bama was a true freshman. Forget the fact he got clean up duty a few games. KB had 3 years to learn the system and enhance his passing skills. If he hasn’t progressed to the point where people fear his arm by now, should we keep waiting? Allowing guys with better arms to sit and watch? What’s the upside here? Another 11/12 win season that ends early bc we face a team that will force us to throw. I trust the coaches. I believe they will start the best. Sadly, even though KB has given us 3 years, 1 as starting QB leading us to playoffs, it won’t be him. At least not a QB. Dabo always preaches sustainability and consistent success. It’s time to look forward and get the younger guys ready who will be here for many more years. Not get into a rut like Ohio State did with JT Barrett; a quality qb, but a qb who’s not going to win the big games for you. It’s Hunter or Trevor’s team next year imo. Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: a bit of a ramble? with no hint of aparagraph

Jan 10, 2018, 9:53 AM

clean it up and maybe I'll read it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 9:58 AM

Think I’ll leave it. Prefer the free though ramble approach on this one. It’s just my opinion, nothing more.

Jan 10, 2018, 10:00 AM

just messing with ya

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quit Reading

Jan 10, 2018, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: a bit of a ramble? with no hint of aparagraph ]

It gave me a headache.

HOWEVER, I might read it if you used paragraphs.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Been patient, but my take on QB situation and KB.. bit of a ramble

Jan 10, 2018, 10:03 AM

I beleive there have been at least 3 or 4 articles clearly quoting coaches saying the best player will play. Enough said.

Jan 10, 2018, 10:07 AM

"best" is the catch here. Do you pick the "best" guy to get you through the ACC or the "best" guy for the future? I think clearly at this point KB is the best option to get through the ACC. He proved that this season. But the "best" guy for overall ceiling and potential beyond the ACC is not KB. As fans we should want the latter but I think the coaches go with the former which is going to outrage the fans again in the post season. Ohio State has been dealing with it for 3 years. Alabama dealt with it last season with Hurts.

THIS***********

Jan 10, 2018, 12:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Been patient, but my take on QB situation and KB.. bit of a ramble ]

Yes, and what is the difference between best and most talented? Player A does most things well, makes few mistakes. Player B is far more talented but could make major mistakes that costs us a game

So who’s the best ? Pretty tough call and pretty subjective

Jan 10, 2018, 1:30 PM

Agreed. Always subjective. But ceilings and floors must be considered. If one has reached their peak or close to it while others have much higher upside with same or similar risks; I take the risk considering the reward. Not saying their job is easy in any way. Just have my opinion on how it’ll turn out.

Jan 10, 2018, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Been patient, but my take on QB situation and KB.. bit of a ramble ]

> "best" is the catch here. Do you pick the "best" guy
> to get you through the ACC or the "best" guy for the
> future? I think clearly at this point KB is the best
> option to get through the ACC. He proved that this
> season. But the "best" guy for overall ceiling and
> potential beyond the ACC is not KB. As fans we should
> want the latter but I think the coaches go with the
> former which is going to outrage the fans again in
> the post season. Ohio State has been dealing with it
> for 3 years. Alabama dealt with it last season with
> Hurts.

Correct me if I am wrong but if we don’t get through the ACC then there will be no playoff bid so getting through the ACC is the 1ST priority

Barrett was OSU’s best option at QB, and he was good to...

Jan 10, 2018, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Been patient, but my take on QB situation and KB.. bit of a ramble ]

Remember he was the QB that started their national title season until he got hurt. Cardale Jones lost the job to Barrett the next season with ineffective play. So terrible comparison. And OSU did pretty good under Barrett

Re: Barrett was OSU’s best option at QB, and he was good to...

Jan 10, 2018, 2:20 PM

They did about as well as we did with bryant this year. Solid in conference QB but not good enough to get over a major hump.

We did quite well for a rebuilding year!

Jan 10, 2018, 10:07 AM

nm

Jan 10, 2018, 10:09 AM

I could not agree more. You are spot on. Tua showed us all what a true dual threat can do. 15 or 16 is the only way we win another Natty. Average QB's...Jalen Hurts, Kelly Bryant, JT Barratt can only get you so far.

Jan 10, 2018, 10:23 AM

my feelings exactly

Agreed!

Jan 10, 2018, 10:39 AM

I love KB, no doubt, but we need a passer badly. Funny how dominant Bama was all season with Hurts, who couldn't pass, and the last half of their last game of their season they throw in a QB who can throw. Blammo! 3 TDs in the half. Imagine how dominant Bama would've been starting Taguvailua from the beginning? They will be nasty next year, and we need to arm ourselves (pun intended) with the biggest cannon at QB. With our WRs? Please, we need to use them fully or risk losing our WR friendly reputation.

"I trust the coaches. I believe they will start the best"

Jan 10, 2018, 10:57 AM

You could have saved a lot of time with just that part.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: "I trust the coaches. I believe they will start the best"

Jan 10, 2018, 11:09 AM

Wouldn’t be much fun without rambling to half a point before making a prediction.

Quit spitting clear Logic...

Jan 10, 2018, 1:14 PM

You’re going to get mad thumbs downed in here for blatantly stating the obvious that KB is not getting the full potential of our offense by a wide margin.

According to TNet, KB is awesome, TL will redshirt, and the QB battle is for 2019.

Reality is KB will have a package and our best passer will probably have a package in a 2 QB system.

Also don’t forget KB will be a RS SR that was an early enrollee so he’s had quite a while to sort out the passing.

I don’t think its the OLine as much as he just won’t pull the trigger or throw guys open. If his 1st read is covered he just eats it or runs. Hurts has same issue. Whereas if you house blitzed DEshaun he would kill you.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He never red shirted, get a clue***

Jan 10, 2018, 1:47 PM

Good chance KB won’t be the starter this coming season, but..

Jan 10, 2018, 1:41 PM

it wouldn’t have mattered who was QB, with how bad the oline played. We have a finesse oline and it showed against Bama. Go back and closely watch the oline against Bama and they didn’t play together as a unit, poor footwork and handwork, and too much standing around. And don’t compare what Saban did to us. Bama has a physical oline that gave Tua time to throw. HJ being in the game wouldn’t have made the oline play better

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic