Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Been holdig my tongue, but here it goes.....It is what it is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,403

Been holdig my tongue, but here it goes.....It is what it is

Sep 23, 2014, 12:59 PM

Saturday night sucked, just plain sucked! No other words. It sucked worse than the UGA game, and that sucked!

I'm sure the vast majority of Tiger fans watching the game were cursing the shotgun formation on the bad snap. "Why can't you be under center *******". Some of us have calmed down since then and realize the success the offense has had in last 3 years in that situation in shotgun. Others of us are still unable to fathom that call. It is what it is, and we will all never agree on that.

I have read very rational and thought-out posts about the overall success of the program the last 3 years. I have also seen the automatic reply with "still lost to FSU and Coots". Again, both camps are right. It is what it is.

This team still has the potential to be special. The season can still be a success, at least for many Tiger faithful. There are those that have already given up on the season because of the 2 losses. Whether they blame coaching, players, schemes, or karma, they are adamant that this season is over. To those of you in that camp, congratulations, you may now spend your new found free time on other things. Enjoy!

I find myself in the camp that I honestly believe most Tiger faithful are in. I am sickened by the two losses, but I am also proud of how are team has competed overall. My heart aches thinking of what this season could have been if we had played a better 4th Qtr in Athens and just made one or two plays different at FSU, but I am also excited to see what this team will do the rest of the year and how good they will get the rest of the way. I am dumbfounded that we did not go under center in short yardage, and yet continue to be impressed with how good an OC Morris is.

You see my fellow Tigers, I believe this is what is really is to be a Tiger Football Fan. It's a stomach-retching, fingernail biting, roller coaster of emotions that lasts for 3-4 months every fall. We find negatives in the wins and positives in the losses. Then we turn around and are thankful for the victories and waddle in remorse of the defeats. Most of us do feel both sides. Pumper and dumper reside in most of us at the same time. One side may be more evident on a given day, or even just on a single topic, or maybe even just in a given instant. But hey, it is what it is. We are who we are.

We are all Tiger fans that invest our own time, money, heart and soul in to our teams, programs and school that we all love in a way that is hard to describe. So while reading the posts and rants of others just remember, some part of you likely felt that way at least for a brief moment. It may have only been a fleeting feeling, but you still felt it. Dumpers will pump at some point, and Pumpers will dump too.

However, I will make one glaring exception. Anybody sending death threats to the players, you are just cowards and not true Tigers. A "fan" that can do something this low and classless is the type of "fan" that can take a hammer to The Rock, not a fan at all. Just poor excuses for human beings. But again, you are who you are.

Rant over --- yes, I do feel a little better thank you!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I gave you a point trusting that was a good post

Sep 23, 2014, 1:01 PM

someone let me know ...

;)

i'm kidding

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Hah....I fell asleep writing it so I understand!***

Sep 23, 2014, 1:02 PM

Re: Been holdig my tongue, but here it goes.....It is what it is

Sep 23, 2014, 1:06 PM

Excellent post, absolutely agree!

Re: Been holdig my tongue, but here it goes.....It is what it is

Sep 23, 2014, 1:07 PM

Well said! I would like to add that any pathetic individual who sends threats to players, is not worth the time of day. ITS A GAME MORONS!! If you are true fans, you support our boys through good and bad!

Exactly what part of this season are you excited for?

Sep 23, 2014, 1:17 PM

The potential to play in the Beef O'Brady bowl versus Rice?

Or the Sunbowl in El Paso?

Awesome. I'm pumped too...

Perhaps Rob Spence will stop calling plays by then.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll bite....

Sep 23, 2014, 1:23 PM

I'm excited for every Saturday that the Tigers take the field. Beginning late December or early January every year, I wait about 9 long months to see Clemson football. I love the Tigers and watching them play. If there is a Clemson football game scheduled, I will be excited for it.

Now I understand if your excitement is gone, if you ever were excited. Who knows, maybe your excitement began after the UGA game because you now had concrete reasons to complain. Maybe after that, you no longer have anything to look forward to, because you already have your reasons to give up on this team.

The Man in the Arena

Sep 23, 2014, 1:20 PM

One of the best posts I have ever read on TNet. This quote is why u stand by things u are passionate about, win or lose......it is only a game at the end of the day, but it is the effort, the work, the passion, the drive that makes u dig in for life, win or lose. All In til the day I die as a Tiger fan.
http://www.theodore-roosevelt.com/trsorbonnespeech.html

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love your post!***

Sep 23, 2014, 4:00 PM

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,403
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic