Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Charleston/MtP'ers......just so you're aware....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 78
| visibility 1

Charleston/MtP'ers......just so you're aware....

Apr 9, 2015, 1:54 PM

it seems there's a possibility some protesters will try to shut down the Ravenel today at 4PM going towards MtP.

Who knows if it'll happen or if its a hoax....just need to check the traffic report before heading in that direction this afternoon.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thx***

Apr 9, 2015, 1:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Charleston/MtP'ers......just so you're aware....

Apr 9, 2015, 2:03 PM

I am sorry that a man lost his life and am equally sorry for the loss to his family. The man who shot him is in jail and charged with murder. What are they protesting about ? There were no protesters when
the future honors student at Clemson (Marty Lion I believe) was murdered by 3 black guys. I have about all I can take of this. Why does the media only report things when the victim is black ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw an interview yesterday with a family member of the

Apr 9, 2015, 2:10 PM

deceased and their lawyer. I was impressed with the way they handled it. The family felt justice was being served, so there was nothing to protest.

Prayers for the family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

They did say just that***

Apr 9, 2015, 7:11 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because white people aren't being shot in the back by cops***

Apr 9, 2015, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Charleston/MtP'ers......just so you're aware.... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh stop the BS That was not the case in the other situations

Apr 9, 2015, 4:26 PM

and the facts are, in every situation, including the one in Charleston, the black person shot broke the law and in most of these recent cases attacked the cop. The officer in North Charleston did murder the man, but don't ignore the fact that the cop originally tried to use his taser and the man attacked him. The man's own actions got him killed. Had he not attacked the cop he'd be alive. The cop should not have shot him in the back, but had he not attacked the cop the cop would not have shot him.

You lunatic liberals act like cops are out shooting blacks for no reason, which is factually incorrect and intellectually dishonest. Trayvon Martin would be alive today had he simply walked to his dad's house like most people rather than being a thug wannabe badazz. And the other blacks in recent high profile cases would be alive as well had they not been breaking the law and attacking the cops trying to arrest them.

Moral of the story? Act like a law abiding civilized person and you won't get shot and killed. It's really that simple.

This nonsense is being used by the left, with the help of a biased media, to continue the division of the public by the left for political purposes.

null

keep on collecting your disability checks blue caddy***

Apr 9, 2015, 4:53 PM

Re: Oh stop the BS That was not the case in the other situations

Apr 9, 2015, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Oh stop the BS That was not the case in the other situations ]

If you have any additional reading on Scott "attacking the cop", I'd be very interested in seeing that source.

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

It's in the cell phone video. He is fighting the cop and

Apr 9, 2015, 10:04 PM

the cop drops the taser and the guy runs away and the cop shoots him in the back. You can see the end of the physical altercation and the cop dropping the taser at the start of the video that has been released. Sorry you don't like the facts.

null

Re: It's in the cell phone video. He is fighting the cop and

Apr 10, 2015, 12:10 AM

So no link and you're lying out of your azzhole? Ok.

The Poe's Law is strong with this one.

There is literally no way you (or anyone) can be this stupid, so I'm just moving along.

Re: It's in the cell phone video. He is fighting the cop and

Apr 10, 2015, 8:36 AM [ in reply to It's in the cell phone video. He is fighting the cop and ]

I watched that video over 15 times, at no point did Mr. Scott attack that officer...I'm a conservative just in case you want to mention my "liberal agenda." This was a cold blooded murder

Re: Because white people aren't being shot in the back by cops***

Apr 10, 2015, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Because white people aren't being shot in the back by cops*** ]

You stupid s o b. There was a white kid shot in the back by a black officer in Utah. Bet you didn't know that you race baiting p o s

The victim's atty is saying just that - "Perfectly" I recall

Apr 9, 2015, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Charleston/MtP'ers......just so you're aware.... ]

him saying. No additional recourse to do

Apr 9, 2015, 2:11 PM

### are they protesting

He was fired and charged what do they want a firing squad.

null

The guy is still dead, and the police officer had used....

Apr 9, 2015, 2:58 PM

a taser on a person before for no good reason. And a history of corruption within the North Charleston Police. That's if there is a protest. But those would be the obvious reasons. Now let's see if you read this intelligently or if you will throw a hissy fit.

Re: The guy is still dead, and the police officer had used....

Apr 9, 2015, 3:05 PM

If they want to protest that's fine, it's their right as Americans.

That being said, I don't think they're likely to win many people over to their cause by making them sit in traffic.

Kind of doubt this is true...

Apr 9, 2015, 3:09 PM

If anybody wants to protest, it should be for the reason of preventing something like this happening again. Protesting in the manner in which the OP stated, wouldn't be effective for that reason. If it was a protest at the North Charleston Town Hall, that would be different. But, it would accomplish nothing to protest in that manner since the cop was charged with murder and fired.

Well it looks like it might be true***

Apr 9, 2015, 3:11 PM

that was fast***

Apr 9, 2015, 7:07 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2015, 3:14 PM [ in reply to The guy is still dead, and the police officer had used.... ]

And he is in Jail..... ### do you want?

nm just saw the user name... Here comes some more race baiting from the racist king.

null

Apr 9, 2015, 3:25 PM

Seems to be what he's best at

Try reading comprehension next time....

Apr 9, 2015, 3:31 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=17102619

I don't even agree with this kind of protest tactic, considering the police officer was charged with murder.

Re: Try reading comprehension next time....

Apr 9, 2015, 5:06 PM

Comprehended it just fine tigerqueen...it's the bleeding heart libs like you that are ruining this country a little more every day. There should be no protests...PERIOD!! He shot and killed the man and has now been charged with murder.

Still doesn't change the fact that the North Charleston...

Apr 9, 2015, 5:13 PM

Police has a history of corruption. Also, this cop has tased people before for no reason. It's intolerant people like you that keep this country from moving forward. This is the USA, people have the right to protest whether you agree with them or not...PERIOD!!! IF YOU DON'T LIKE FREE SPEECH GO MOVE TO SAUDI ARABIA!!!

Re: Still doesn't change the fact that the North Charleston...

Apr 9, 2015, 5:25 PM

Hey, I love free speech. It's what let's me call you fuqin idiot. And why is it that when something like this happens "oh the police department is corrupt"? I've never heard of the North Charleston Police Department being corrupt.. I never heard of the Ferguson Missouri Police Department being corrupt... Oh but it must be because you, Jesse and Al say it is. You think it might just be because these cops have gotten tired of seeing the crap they see every day which has gotten 1000 times worse since the Muslim took over as president? Yes, I know ...so intolerant...y'all love that word

You really are a racist scumbag...

Apr 9, 2015, 5:33 PM

By the way I have never brought up Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Hope you burn yourself at your cross burning tonight at your KKK meeting.

Apr 10, 2015, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Still doesn't change the fact that the North Charleston... ]

I really really really hope players never read these boards....but if they did it would expose how many of "their fans" really think of people that look like them.

Apr 10, 2015, 9:13 AM

You are a #### fan.

null

Re: i'm no Chicken fan sir...

Apr 10, 2015, 10:03 AM

lolol...quite the contrary my friend. I'm no #### fan...When it comes to politics however, most of the southern fan bases are pretty rank & file. Very conservative who long for the good ol days, but the athletes they cheer for come from very very different worlds and realities. One of the Oklahoma players said it best after the SAE video..."They love us on Saturday, but don't want us around if we're not scoring touchdowns"

Apr 10, 2015, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Still doesn't change the fact that the North Charleston... ]

Hey coot...seems you're another one that has strayed over to the wrong board...run along now coot

Apr 10, 2015, 10:12 AM

lolol....naw i'll stay over here for awhile, we are pretty light weights with our attitudes toward minorities over here. Those guys are pretty brutal over there...and don't let me get started on Ol Miss....very very disturbing on their board... But the narrative is still about the same

Apr 10, 2015, 12:35 PM

You're right krush, you don't see Scott attack on video. The video is started late but regardless Scott did attempt knock the taser out of his hand. But what everyone has already stated is that the officer was wrong and justice is being served. I'm not sure what you are trying to Imply?

If it wasn't on the video, how do you know

Apr 10, 2015, 1:02 PM

the cop was "attacked"? Su

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*Surely we aren't still taking this guy at his word..***

Apr 10, 2015, 1:03 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: *Surely we aren't still taking this guy at his word..***

Apr 10, 2015, 1:04 PM

It is the words of a witness...

null

Re: *Surely we aren't still taking this guy at his word..***

Apr 10, 2015, 1:09 PM

The witness's direct quote from which this interpretation has been made:

"Before I started recording, they were down on the [ground]. I remember the police [officer] had control of the situation," Feidin Santana toldNBC Nightly News anchor Lester Holt in North Charleston. "He had control of Scott. And Scott was trying just to get away from the Taser."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/04/08/sc-police-shooting-family-civil-suit/25450485/

I haven't seen anything that indicates the cop was attacked or that it was a one-sided aggression. I'm trying to get out of work so I can watch the dashcam footage...videos are generally blocked here so I'm waiting to see what happened before the cell phone video.

Apr 10, 2015, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Still doesn't change the fact that the North Charleston... ]

Prowling...I'm not implying anything. I gave my opinion (just like everyone is entitled to) in reference to an earlier post and although it may not be popular amongst the fans, I was called a coot. My point is, I enjoy respectful debate/discussion, but just bcuz we disagree does not make one "a coot"

Re: Try reading comprehension next time....

Apr 9, 2015, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Try reading comprehension next time.... ]

Wow..you calling someone else a scumbag?! Wow..just wow. Something tells me your little liberal eyes havnt seen a whole lot of the "behind the scenes" of this of this country.

Oh I have....

Apr 9, 2015, 5:16 PM

and it's filled with intolerant people like you.

Re: Oh I have....

Apr 10, 2015, 1:17 AM

tigerking, it really is simple. The guy ran, the cop pursued, used taser on subject, subject fled after being taser and fighting for taser, subject drops taser and runs, cop shoots him in the back. Well the cop has been charged with murder and is currently sitting in jail. The justice system is at work so I'm not quite sure what else your wanting. It is an isolated incident that has been handled and will be handled further in court.

As far as him using the taser on a fleeing subject, well let me tell you a secret. That's permitted because it is meant to subdue the subject temporarily. If you would do us a favor and recite the supreme court case regarding a fleeing subject. Let me help you, it's Tennessee vs. Gardner. It cites an officer is permitted to use deadly force on a fleeing subject when it can be interpreted that the subject poses a threat to others. This incident doesn't meet that standard and so therefore the officer has been fired, arrested, and charged with murder pending a trial.

The ignorant one on the board is you. You're stating the police departments are crooked and cops are racist. You allow isolated incidents to provide judgement upon an entire group. I have no idea if you are black, white, green, or purple nor do I know what your profession is. However, using your same logic one could conclude that every one just like you is equally as ignorant and moronic.

Knew you couldn't read it intelligently....

Apr 9, 2015, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: The guy is still dead, and the police officer had used.... ]

I don't agree with the manner of the protest. I wasn't making any opinionated statement. I just listed some reasons behind a protest. If you read my other post, you would see that I don't agree with this kind of protest tactic considering the police officer did get arrested, unlike what has happened in other states across the country.

Just knew you could only respond with your angry emotions, instead of using logic. Also, you need a lesson in reading comprehension. Ah, but most gamers are overly sensitive emotional intolerant people. So that explains a lot about you.

The dead guy attacked the officer in a struggle for his

Apr 9, 2015, 4:30 PM [ in reply to The guy is still dead, and the police officer had used.... ]

taser. Only then did the cop pull his gun. The dead black guy was not innocent and his actions lead to his murder. In this case both parties acted foolishly, but make no mistake, the dead guy instigated this.

null

Wrong, he got pulled over for a broken tail light...

Apr 9, 2015, 4:46 PM

The cop tased (a cop who has tased people before for no reason) Walter Scott, then Scott tried running but only trotted away and the cop shot him the back 8 times. Then the cop went back and picked up his taser and planted it right beside Walter Scott. It's all on tape you idiot. Having a broken tail light is not instigating anything. And his name is Walter Scott, not the dead black guy, you scumbag.

actually he was tased after resisting

Apr 9, 2015, 4:58 PM

which explains why this all happened in the field. Even his brother says he probably fled due to owing child support which backs up the allegation that the victim ran from the officer, the officer tried to tase him but the taser did not stop him. He continues to run and is shot. I agree that the officer is in the wrong for shooting and agree he should face charges for murder, absolutely no reason for shooting under these circumstances. However, he did not just get out and tase the guy and then shoot him.

Wrong, his brother didn't state that....

Apr 9, 2015, 5:10 PM

he ran for that reason. He was pulled over for a broken tail light. The person who shot the tape, stated that he already had Walter Scott on the ground and tased him. Then Walter Scott got up and tried to run away, but only was able to trot and the cop shot him in the back 8 times. Also, this cop has a history of tasing people for no reason. And the North Charleston police have a history of corruption. Even when the tape proves the cop intentionally shot a person, people like are still in some sort of denial about what happened.

what? he didnt run guess this video is wrong and you

Apr 9, 2015, 7:40 PM

know better

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/28761385/sled-releases-dash-cam-footage-of-michael-slagers-patrol-car-before-fatal-shooting-of-walter-scott

Also, his brother did say that per the quotes in these articles.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/08/us/south-carolina-who-was-walter-scott/

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/us/south-carolina-officer-is-charged-with-murder-in-black-mans-death.html?_r=0

If you are gonna preach, at least get your facts straight.

Again this doesn't excuse the officers actions, but shows that the victim wasn't so innocent either and contributed by initially fleeing the car. He stays in the car, he may at worse get taken in for the outstanding warrant for child support, but he lives.

Re: what? he didnt run guess this video is wrong and you

Apr 9, 2015, 8:04 PM

Well , saying that A happens if B takes place is completely blind speculation here . The cop may also have had the desire to put on a pink tutu and dance a jog on his way back to the victims car ...but we will never know that .
Cop pulls a guy over for a faulty tail light , guy runs because he doesn't want to be taken to jail and the cop tases and then shoots him and kills him .
Those are the facts .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Wrong, his brother didn't state that....

Apr 9, 2015, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Wrong, his brother didn't state that.... ]

There are plenty more eye witnesses that saw it from the very beginning of the stop

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I'm having a hard time reading intelligently

Apr 9, 2015, 8:12 PM [ in reply to The guy is still dead, and the police officer had used.... ]

What wasn't posted intelligently. The officer was arrested, charged with murder, fired, and awaiting trial. The justice system is working. What do you want, take him out back and shoot him without a trial?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Apr 9, 2015, 9:44 PM [ in reply to The guy is still dead, and the police officer had used.... ]

That is an absolute lie. There is no corruption in the North Charleston Pd, nor any of the low country sheriffs dept and police agencies. We don't have race relations problems until idiots from out of town make them

The protest will be (or should be) for an oversight

Apr 9, 2015, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Charleston/MtP'ers......just so you're aware.... ]

committee, body cameras on officers, and more accountability across the board. This officer could have easily gotten away with this if it hadn't been captured on video.

exactly***

Apr 9, 2015, 3:47 PM

Re: The protest will be (or should be) for an oversight

Apr 9, 2015, 9:47 PM [ in reply to The protest will be (or should be) for an oversight ]

They already have body cameras ordered and more in the way so exactly what is protesting going to accomplish?? Nothing

I think someone should try to be hanging around there

Apr 9, 2015, 2:11 PM

at that time, loaded up with a bunch of eggs and rotten vegetables....that would make them clear out pretty quick

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: I think someone should try to be hanging around there

Apr 9, 2015, 2:14 PM

why not hoses and batons?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cause throwing eggs and rotten tomatoes is more fun

Apr 9, 2015, 2:14 PM

for me

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: Cause throwing eggs and rotten tomatoes is more fun

Apr 9, 2015, 2:16 PM

poor man's tear gas, I get it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't intend this to become a political thread-those belong

Apr 9, 2015, 2:17 PM

the lounge....

was just alerting commuters to a possible traffic situation this afternoon.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah... no they don't***

Apr 9, 2015, 3:24 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Apr 9, 2015, 2:55 PM

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/TheBattery/archives/2015/04/09/protesters-to-shut-down-ravenel-bridge-eastbound-at-4-pm

Apr 9, 2015, 4:05 PM

Tigerking, I know you think you may be the most socially responsible person on this site but guess what, you are not. Calling out someone as having a rant which is exactly what you are doing. "Hands up, don't shoot" was a lie. Flat out lie. Marty Lion(white) was brutally beaten and murdered at the hands of 3 black thugs. He was to enter Clemson as an honor student in the fall. Why didn't you raise heck about that or Al Sharpton or anybody else. It happened in Charleston. Is this not prejudice ? I would think so. Know your facts before you try to educate someone on racism. As an ex-social worker, you don't have a clue what's really going on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're conflating two different situations....

Apr 9, 2015, 4:52 PM

Walter Scott was shot by a cop in the back for having a broken tail light on his car, not a fellow citizen. The incident you're talking about was 3 non police citizens killing another non police citizen. What happened to Walter Scott has been happening all over the country the past 5 years. What you're bringing up is an isolated incident. Sorry, but you failed with that tactic. And I said nothing about Al Sharpton. I've lived in South Carolina my whole life, and know the history of this state very well. So I do know whats going on. With knowing the history of this state, it comes as no surprise that someone as intolerant as you was a social worker for this state at one point.

I will be headed from Mt Pleasant toward Downtown

Apr 9, 2015, 4:04 PM

so I'll get to see some of the carnage if it happens. But honestly, traffic going that direction backs up across the Ravenel every weekday, so I am sure a lot of the folks stuck in the traffic will probably not notice anything different today from other days.
So, yeah as protest, this one is pretty poorly planned and placed.

My question is why did the deceased run from the officer?

Apr 9, 2015, 5:28 PM

Not trying to justify the actions; however, it seems all the instances occur after resisting arrest.

Because the cop tased him for having a broken tail light....

Apr 9, 2015, 5:36 PM

My question is why did the cop have to shoot an unarmed man who he just tased, who was just barely trotting away from him, 8 times in the back? The young man who shot the video has stated that the cop already had Scott on the ground when the cop tased Walter Scott. Also, this cop has a history of tasing people for no reason.

the guy ran long before he was tased. In fact he was told

Apr 9, 2015, 6:32 PM

To stay in his car once before by the officer before he decided to run. It was only after he was tracked down after running that he was tased.

That being said what happened after the tasing is disturbing and the officer should be held accountable.

Re: Because the cop tased him for having a broken tail light....

Apr 9, 2015, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Because the cop tased him for having a broken tail light.... ]

"Because the cop tased him for having a broken tail light...."

That is bull #### he was pulled over for the tail light he was tased for running after discovering he was wanted for child support.

null

Re: Because the cop tased him for having a broken tail light....

Apr 9, 2015, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Because the cop tased him for having a broken tail light.... ]

Hey tigerqueen, why don't you just drop it. The cop got charged with murder, he'll never see daylight again and may easily lose his life in prison if someone gets a chance at him. If your so anti south Carolina living and law enforcement, then just find another state you can call home and stop whining about everything. Move up north with the Yankees and be happy . Good gosh, enough is enough!

We must as a soceity get to a place where

Apr 9, 2015, 8:15 PM [ in reply to My question is why did the deceased run from the officer? ]

you can run from the man if you want to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We must as a soceity get to a place where

Apr 9, 2015, 8:24 PM

Until then, accept the consequences.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Apr 9, 2015, 9:09 PM

It's interesting to see the varied opinions on this topic. I can't begin to talk anyone out of their racism, latent or otherwise. I can't talk anyone out of their feeling slighted because their not successful. But I can read and I can see. I'm grateful that I live in a country that running from a cop isn't grounds for immediate execution. Because that was what it was. He executed an imperfect human being because he ran. The man wasn't complicit in his own death because he had a warrant or that he ran.

Forget race or political views or conservative or liberal. An agent of the government executed a citizen in broad daylight. He shot him in the back. He intended to execute him because he fired 8 times. He then tried to plant the taser to cover it up. This is a paid employee of the government.

If that doesn't scare you, then you should look deep within yourself to try to try to figure out whats wrong with you.

Apr 13, 2015, 9:19 AM

Thank you for posting this.

It makes me want to beat my head up against a wall when people say "well he probably wouldn't be dead if he wouldn't have ran."

a) Erroneous. There is no way to know that.

b) It completely ignores the fact that a cop is not authorized to used deadly force on a fleeing suspect unless that suspect poses an immediate threat to himself, other officers or pedestrians. That's the law. Period.

c) There's a whole other element that brings into question why a cop even thought it would be okay ---- even in a panic ---- to do this. That's a cultural problem within the department(s) that reeks of a lack of training, oversight & accountability. The only other time I think I've ever seen someone get shot in the back --- even in a movie --- is in B-rated action movies.

I think the real problem is not "what led to the shooting?" but rather "why was a man being shot in the back in America" even in the realm of possibility?

they need to watch this

Apr 9, 2015, 9:22 PM [ in reply to My question is why did the deceased run from the officer? ]

Video for chris rock obey the law? 3:53
www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2plo4FOgIU
Aug 26, 2012 - Uploaded by Crankeess
Please, be safe on the road, be polite and be obedience to the laws ..... You might be gettin ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

all this crap stops with body mic and camera on all police

Apr 9, 2015, 9:19 PM

Cops will be less inclined to mouth off to people and treat them disrespectfully and if the shooting is justified, the officer will have proof that shooting was justified.

We also need to pay officers more money thereby getting a larger pool of good police. Who the heck wants to risk their life for 35k a year.

Re: all this crap stops with body mic and camera on all police

Apr 9, 2015, 9:23 PM

Thats a very good point. Cops are Waaay underpaid. Unfortunately the profession can attract people who want to be cops for the wrong reasons.

Re: all this crap stops with body mic and camera on all police

Apr 9, 2015, 10:41 PM [ in reply to all this crap stops with body mic and camera on all police ]

How much more? What exactly qualifies them for higher pay?

Police are already pretty well-paid

Apr 9, 2015, 11:29 PM

with good benefits and job security. It's not nearly as dangerous a job as you might think. Better oversight and more accountability would do more good. Body cams on all patrol officers can't happen soon enough.

Apr 9, 2015, 9:39 PM

This isn't feeguson. They can import those hell raisers and Violent thugs to come to town to try that here but it won't fly. This isn't called for the matter was handled efficiently.,the family isn't wanting any of this. These people are grieving and the mayor R and chief of police have been to their homes. This cop made a really really bad decision that will cost him his freedom. All the liberal wackos need to look somewhere else for their "OH OTS BAD THEY TREAT US SO BAD" that isn't the case here

Replies: 78
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic