Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Travelin' Man: Tavien Feaster on a quest to be the best
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

New Story: Travelin' Man: Tavien Feaster on a quest to be the best

Jul 6, 2015, 7:47 PM

Travelin' Man: Tavien Feaster on a quest to be the best

Tavien Feaster is traveling the country in an effort to prove he is the best running back in the country, a quest that will take him to Beaverton, Oregon this week for Nike’s The Opening. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beaster !!!!***

Jul 6, 2015, 7:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Beaster !!!!***

Jul 6, 2015, 8:10 PM

Clemson could, quite possibly have the Nations...

#1 QB - Deshaun Watson
#1 WR - Deon Cain
#1 RB - Tavian Feaster
#1 OL - Mitch Hyatt
#1 TE - Milan Richard

Let that sink in....

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#1 PR/KR - Railroad McCloud***

Jul 6, 2015, 8:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great hesitate & stutter steps to avoid tacklers!

Jul 6, 2015, 9:55 PM

GoTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Beaster !!!!***

Jul 6, 2015, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Beaster !!!!*** ]

It already has weeks ago!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spilleresque!***

Jul 6, 2015, 10:18 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm smiling bigger than he is because offensive L love

Jul 7, 2015, 3:14 AM

Great running backs!! Don't worry about recruiting Offensive linemen, they will take notice of who's going to running the ball.
It will be easier for them to get to the Pros when the RB is running through hole and creating havoc. Put 8 in the box and watch big DW throw or run. 2016 will be fun too.

I think the guys we need for our Offensive line will be in Oregon. We might even force a couple of decommits to come our way when they begin to realize the kind of defense we have to go with speed, power and more speed in the skill players. I believe this is where we are separating ourselves from FSU. Recruiting ratings are on thing but explosive skill guys is exactly what we have. I believe this is the area we have out recruited our biggest hurdle each year. Don't look now FSU/jumbo that overweight defense is very winded from chasing skill players all over the place at breakneck speed. We scored quick and now Brent is being held back as he turns up the volume twisting his thumbs as our DL just ran by those overweight offensive linemen and disrupted every play dumbo can come up with. No matter how loud he played the video about being skrong, his guys are like " Jumbo they keep jumping before the ball is snapped" now, Jumbo is confused too. To late, McCloud just ran the punt back and the OL haven't even caught their breath, Jumbo didn't have time to call Jameis so he can tell that former Notre Dame QB how to be skrong.

Ok maybe I went to far but in my opinion, we have surpassed FSU. We should have never lost the game we gave them last year. I see a win streak coming against them and GT. I remember a couple years ago our rival had a 5th place SEC title ring but I don't see them being that good for a long time. 5th place is hard to maintain. They have 3 games in the bag already, I predict they will win 4 games this year.

I can't wait to see Feaster in that Spiller Jersey making his on name in it. Lethal from the first play of 2016, I predict #28 taking it to the house on a sweep around the 5 star left Tackle.

Go Tigers, I'm smiling bigger than Feaster because it's going to be really special! Dabo, you the man making it work with class!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Hitting Holes

Jul 7, 2015, 8:37 AM

Feaster might be the best all-around running back we have had at Clemson in a long time. CJ was great when he got down field, but often it was on the outside with speed sweeps, wheel routes, or broken plays. I'm constantly impressed with the footage of Travien bouncing plays back inside, hitting holes at the line and downfield... he doesn't just run to the edge and take off. Reminds me of how Cam Newton ran inside when forced to scramble. If our O-line can give him gaps, we're likely to see a lot of productivity out of Feaster.

Get ready ACC... here comes the Beaster!

Re: Hitting Holes

Jul 9, 2015, 2:24 PM

AE was a better true RB than CJ. CJ was a great open field runner and probably the best evasive runner we've ever had, but AE had better vision and hit his holes... almost never taking negative plays.

Re: New Story: Travelin' Man: Tavien Feaster on a quest to be the best

Jul 7, 2015, 11:52 AM

Feaster will be another CJ, IMO. We are going to be so loaded for a long time, and it's going to be really fun to watch. Thanks Dabo and staff!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a different back than CJ

Jul 7, 2015, 12:08 PM

he runs more like Ellington, hits holes hard, but he's closer to CJ's speed and he's bigger than both of them.

Feaster is a special talent with a ceiling that is higher than just about anybody we've brought in before.

Re: He's a different back than CJ

Jul 7, 2015, 12:27 PM

In looking at their high school tape, spiller looks faster. CJ was the fastest person I've ever seen in a football game before.

I do think feaster is more of a complete back. He's already over 200 lbs I believe. Can't wait to see him in Orange. He will be an instant upgrade in talent then anyone we have on our roster currently

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2015, 1:49 PM

He's not quite as fast as Spiller, but he's in that ballpark. The only player we've had faster than CJ that I can remember is Jacoby Ford. Jacoby helped CJ score most of his KR TD's by being down the field ahead of him and blocking that last guy.

Jul 9, 2015, 1:17 PM [ in reply to He's a different back than CJ ]

I agree. I think he will be a very dynamic back for us, and a great spark for our offense. We have so many weapons now. It is a pick your poison for a DC to prepare how to contain us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wierd time for the 200

Jul 7, 2015, 12:03 PM

His 100M was 10.42 and his 200M is 21.11. That means his 2nd 100M 'split' is slower than his first. Now I know those are two different races with different strategies (I'm no expert), but they are both sprints.

Can anyone explain that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Everybody runs the 200 slower than 2x their 100

Jul 7, 2015, 12:23 PM

Unless it takes you longer than 100m to reach top speed.

Just like nobody runs the 2 mile 2x slower than the 1 mile.

Re: Wierd time for the 200

Jul 7, 2015, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Wierd time for the 200 ]

His 2nd 100 split could have been faster than the first in the 200. Yes, there are strategies for running every distance because a runner cannot go at full sprint pace for even a 100M race. Also, the 200M has the curves to deal with twice and that figures in to the strategy.

He is State Champ in 100 and 200 and still working on it-he's gonna be great fun to watch next year!

Re: Wierd time for the 200

Jul 7, 2015, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Wierd time for the 200 ]

Lactic acid and running a curve.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Lil' bit of Cj Spiller and James Davis

Jul 7, 2015, 3:23 PM

That's Feaster.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1