Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Beasely is probably waiting to hear from ....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Beasely is probably waiting to hear from ....

Jan 15, 2014, 4:06 PM

Lloyds of London, on whether they will insure him or not, or whether he or his family can finance the premium ...just my guess ...but who am I? just a mushroom in a closet

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know they say...He is waiting on the folks that are they

Jan 15, 2014, 4:09 PM

but no one knows this they they speak of...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know they say...He is waiting on the folks that are they

Jan 15, 2014, 4:17 PM

Per NCAA rules, premiums aren't paid to Lloyd's until after graduation. If he doesn't get hurt and does get drafted it is paid from his signing bonus. If he does get hurt and is not drafted it is paid from the settlement. This was allowed for the protection and benefit of the athlete and his family. So the only thing that he needs is for Lloyd's to give an estimate as to his "worth" in next year's draft. Most likely that will be many millions of dollars. However, the maximum they'll insure a college athlete for is $5 million and the cost is approximately $75K per million. Still not bad. The worst case scenario if he stays and gets hurt is ~$4.5 mil before tax. I could live on that for quite a while. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the info , i learned something new today*

Jan 15, 2014, 5:57 PM

nm

Re: Beasely is probably waiting to hear from ....

Jan 15, 2014, 4:13 PM

Too historical for this young pup

Jan 15, 2014, 4:15 PM

A mushroom, but very smart mushroom. That makes sense and just another part of the equation that could make his decision tougher, especially if the premium is significant.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geno's mom***

Jan 15, 2014, 4:18 PM

Jan 15, 2014, 4:26 PM

Since there's the opinion he is somewhere on the cusp between being a 1st and 2nd rounder, I still think it's a good possibility he's waiting to see who else might declare today that could be drafted ahead of him. I'd say he's in touch with Dabo and putting alot of emphasis on Dabo's school-of-thought on who should stay or declare.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic