Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Be serious on this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,103

Be serious on this

Apr 7, 2016, 11:09 AM

OK, Deshaun is as good of a college QB as I have ever seen. Given that, with the talent loaded QB's coming up........are you really worried about him going pro next year?

Can Deshaun be replaced?    [Results]

Yes
No
Of Course
Are you a crazy Coot
2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Be serious on this

Apr 7, 2016, 11:13 AM

I'm not going to worry because A) I know it is going to happen. B) We have recruited well and feel the staff can have a championship caliber QB out of Bryant, Cooper, Johnson, Brice, or Israel.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2016, 11:21 AM

The staff obviously has a plan in place so I'm not worried about it plus our 2017 defense has the potential to be even better than 2014's. We may not win a national championship but we will win 10-12 games that year.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Apr 7, 2016, 11:21 AM

I read your question but not the actual poll... resulted in me voting no, but really both answers are no. I'm not worried about him leaving, but he can't really be "replaced".

I think we'll be in great hands with Bryant, Israel, Cooper, Brice, and Johnson. That said, I don't know if any of them will be the same quality of QB that DW4 is. With the unbelievable talent that we are recruiting on both sides of the ball, I think we'll be just fine combining that with one of the very highly talented/recruited qbs we have. The competition between those 5, will only make them all better.

Message was edited by: CU13®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2016, 11:23 AM

Sure we have great talent at QB, but QBs like Watson are few and far between. I'm not worried about us when he's gone but we will miss him

Apr 7, 2016, 11:38 AM

What is the difference between YES and OF COURSE?

Apr 7, 2016, 12:07 PM

Not much I guess.....except that yes is a variable answer...like yes,Yes or YES

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Apr 7, 2016, 12:01 PM

I am SERIOUSLY gonna miss DW4 - the person, the player, the GOAT - HOWEVER, seeing how Alabama has won a LOT of natty's WITHOUT a 'DW4', I am totally confident in HCDS and Staff to build the exact same dynasty at Clemson going forward.

Follow up musing: Could you imagine what Deshaun would have accomplished with a supporting cast like bama's?!

GO TIGERS!!!!

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Every good quarterback has had that question about them...

Apr 7, 2016, 12:06 PM

After Whitehurst went 4-0 we were all wondering if that could ever be topped

When Tajh graduated we were all wondering how better could it get. He had some of the greatest wins while at Clemson

Then Watson came along and we are back at square one with the whole can it get any better than him.

Each quarterback has their own style and greatness. Watson is GREAT don't get me wrong. But I do know this...we will be fine after he is gone. (After this year or next year) Will the next one have the flash and finesse that Watson displays...probably not. But we have great coaches who can bring the best out of our players.

Enjoy the Watson era while it last. Then worry about what happens after when the time comes.

Re: Every good quarterback has had that question about them...

Apr 7, 2016, 12:35 PM

Don't get me wrong, Whitehurst and Boyd were excellent Clemson qb's and did great things for the program, but they didnt have the "it" factor like DW4. Also, neither of them really got close to winning a national championship. Qb's like Watson only come around once in a lifetime. The good thing is we will have 5 qb's on the roster when he leaves that are capable of winning. Clemson football will be fine because of outstanding recruiting, but Watson will be missed like no other at Clemson ever has.

there's good, then there's DW4

Apr 7, 2016, 12:43 PM

Just enjoy the ride and pray for no injuries.

In fact. I question playing him in the spring game. Tajh didnt in his last year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am serious

Apr 7, 2016, 12:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, as long as he gets his degree!***

Apr 7, 2016, 3:46 PM

He has to be replaced. College QBs have finite careers.***

Apr 7, 2016, 3:52 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,103
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic