Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting slate of games opening day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Interesting slate of games opening day

May 17, 2016, 12:26 PM

Normally opening day is about as exciting, schedule-wise, as a free-TV WWE showcase...bodybag games all over the place.

Do like how the need to stick in voters minds and strength of schedule concerns and all that is forcing other teams to do what Clemson's actually done for years, which is go out and actually play somebody.

When you cut right through it, there's four games really worth watching on opening Saturday, and they're really good ones that will instantly, from Minute 1, knock teams right outta the national playoff picture. In particular...Houston or Oklahoma could be out. UGA or UNC could be out.

Noon 2016 AdvoCare Texas Kickoff: No. 5 Oklahoma vs. No. 18 Houston (NRG Stadium, Houston) ABC
5:30 p.m. 2016 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game: No. 13 Georgia vs. No. 19 North Carolina (Georgia Dome, Atlanta) ESPN
8 p.m. No. 12 USC vs. No. 1 Alabama (AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas) ABC
9 p.m. No. 2 Clemson at Auburn ESPN

Then we get another one Monday night:

Mon, Sept 5 8 p.m. 2016 Camping World Kickoff: No. 14 Ole Miss vs. No. 4 Florida State

Also could be a very early referendum on ACC-vs-SEC. Personally I am of the opinion the ACC is getting much tougher...UNC and Pitt were already starting to emerge, and VT, Miami, and UVA dramatically improved their coaching staffs in the offseason. Whatever, it'll be interesting to see how Clemson, FSU, and UNC do against three of the SEC's top dogs - Auburn, Ole Miss, UGA.

Also see a very rare Alabama-Southern Cal matchup.

If it matters, the season opens with a pillow fight - South Carolina and Vandy on Thursday night.

Auspicious way to start, anyhow. Not sure how I feel about that 9pm start time for us on the road against Auburn.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I only see one game there

May 17, 2016, 12:33 PM

Clemson at Auburn

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I only see one game there

May 17, 2016, 12:38 PM

Courtesy, guy. Save the juvie mean-tweet posts for somebody who doesn't warrant your respect, or turn in your orange shirt...if you actually have one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I only see one game there

May 17, 2016, 12:44 PM

"juvie mean-tweet posts" and "turn in your orange shirt...if you actually have one" are quite the ironic phrases to follow one another.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

no sh!t, guy.

May 17, 2016, 12:49 PM

ain't it rich?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think a single one of those games will be close

May 17, 2016, 12:36 PM

Houston will wreck Oklahoma, Georgia will beat UNC handily, Alabama will destroy USC no matter who their LT is, we'll run through the Steele Curtain defense like it's tissue paper, and Chad Kelly will get sacked about 8 times on the way to a blowout loss to FSU

Re: I don't think a single one of those games will be close

May 17, 2016, 2:04 PM

I think Houston wins and Oklahoma is overrated but i would think that game will be close.

Has a time been announced for the Auburn game****

May 17, 2016, 12:37 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

9 PM***

May 17, 2016, 12:39 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I may never get off the couch ...

... except to freshen my drink.

Opening day is actually Friday, August 26th.

Cal vs. Hawaii

and there are a LOT of games on Sept 1 and 2nd.(but only one Top 25 team(#24 Westrn Kentucky))

I actually like seeing the opening weekend spread out over a few days.

Also,...GT vs. BC kicks off @ 7:30 a.m. on Saturday morning.

Getting excited.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

i'm confused.... is opening day Saturday, as your title

May 17, 2016, 12:48 PM

reads...

or Thursday, as your post reads?

tia

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OPENING DAY IS WHEN THE CLIMPSON TIGERS PLAY...

May 17, 2016, 12:49 PM

so Saturday, you moran

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

agreed... it appears opening day and opening night are

May 17, 2016, 12:57 PM

not related

Your first game is Sept 1 at Vandy. Hth***

May 17, 2016, 12:58 PM

who the hell are you talking to?***

May 17, 2016, 1:01 PM

Just some coot on a Clemson message board

May 17, 2016, 1:04 PM

This is the one: http://www.tigernet.com/view/profile.do?userID=127333

I thought it was obvious he was talking to you, but maybe

May 17, 2016, 1:32 PM [ in reply to who the hell are you talking to?*** ]

I has the confuse?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

does 'zona state open in boone this year?

May 17, 2016, 1:07 PM [ in reply to OPENING DAY IS WHEN THE CLIMPSON TIGERS PLAY... ]

that's one to look forward to as it's a sure resume builder for a game, ready & devil-may-care mountaineer squad.

sort of surprised 'zona state agreed to go full continental and travel to boone, but it's a sure sign application state is moving on up - george and weezy style.

Zona should've scheduled an easier game like BC

May 17, 2016, 1:13 PM

Signed,

Mackey

hey, guy. it's...

May 17, 2016, 1:19 PM

Mickey Plyler, who has been a part of the Clemson community since time out of mind and a part of this board since before any of us...when I joined, he was literally one of the few advocates for Clemson anywhere, in any form of media.

courtesy, guy - get some?

who?***

May 17, 2016, 1:22 PM

that's gonna be a trap game for the fightin' todd graham's

May 17, 2016, 1:15 PM [ in reply to does 'zona state open in boone this year? ]

tough place to play

surprised they agreed to that

They played in Boone last year, so probably playing in Tempe

May 17, 2016, 1:35 PM [ in reply to does 'zona state open in boone this year? ]

this year...

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18145462

i remember that poast.....

May 17, 2016, 1:37 PM

i laughed

Out loud?

May 17, 2016, 1:38 PM

OR WERE YOU ROLLING ON THE FLOOR???

It's important.

either way... i lost my

May 17, 2016, 1:43 PM

a$$

four ###### sake, had an eye peeled for that gane...

May 17, 2016, 1:38 PM [ in reply to They played in Boone last year, so probably playing in Tempe ]

must have been fascinating. link?

BUT BUT BUT HIS PICTURE IS FROM

May 17, 2016, 3:35 PM

HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY!!! YOU JUST DON'T GET IT!

Also Miami plays at App State in week 2 or 3***

May 17, 2016, 1:55 PM [ in reply to does 'zona state open in boone this year? ]

Best Is The Standard

Furreal. I thought you was making the funny at first.***

May 17, 2016, 2:02 PM

lol***

May 17, 2016, 1:55 PM [ in reply to OPENING DAY IS WHEN THE CLIMPSON TIGERS PLAY... ]

Best Is The Standard

Best opening weekend I can ever remember. ND Texas also

May 17, 2016, 12:55 PM

On Sunday.

Be interesting to see how the 'holes do in an almost road

May 17, 2016, 12:59 PM

game against UGA.

I'll say that they'll get a heavy dose of Chubb:

UGA 34 UNC 24

A few of the other games could be pretty good. I'll say:

Tigers 38 AU 27
Houston 34 OU 31
Bama 34 USC 23
FSU 31 Ole Miss 20

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Be interesting to see how the 'holes do in an almost road

May 17, 2016, 1:17 PM

UNC schedule is brutal next year.

wont disagree here***

May 17, 2016, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Be interesting to see how the 'holes do in an almost road ]

Best Is The Standard

UVA- not good. VA Tech- not good. UNC- meh. Pitt- meh.

May 17, 2016, 3:09 PM

Miami- meh. Clemson and FSU are the real deal and should win our opening games, but other than that there is not really another good team. Louisville was mediocre, not so sure anymore.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic