Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Be honest. The game is over.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Be honest. The game is over.

Jan 17, 2020, 8:04 AM

When anyone looked at the LSU offense numbers before the game. Consider some of the topped ranked teams they had played.

Why Clemson fans could not see what was coming?

I read some on this board and I could not understand why you just ignored the facts.

42 points, Kneeling on the ball at the 3. LSU was trying to run clock with 10 minutes left. They could have scored closer to 60.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Be honest. The game is over.

Jan 17, 2020, 8:08 AM

In regards to LSU, I think EVERYONE can see what's coming

A discussion with this troll is useless

Jan 17, 2020, 8:11 AM

He wouldn't understand why we would be confident coming in to the game even if you tried to explain it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but the answer is...

Jan 17, 2020, 8:22 AM

he can claim SEC as winners of 10 out of 14, but in 4 of the last 5 CFPs, we have gone toe-to-toe with the SEC, oops, I mean Alabama, and shown that we can handle it.

And it's not just orange-tainted glasses, because the entire football world knows we aren't going away any time soon.

We didn't win this year. LSU was the better team.

But this loss doesn't define us (and neither does the ACC).

Enjoy watching us in the years to come, put your LSU gear in the closet and pull out your SEC garb.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mold that SEC argument to fit whatever need you have.

Jan 17, 2020, 10:50 AM

Academics? Brag about Vandy and Florida. Women's gymnastics? UGA. Football? Bama. Bass fishing? UofSuCk. (I guess you completely omit the Mississippi schools).

JUST MEANS MORE!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Be honest, can't you see when your students are chanting

Jan 17, 2020, 8:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Be honest. The game is over. ]

suck our Tiger #####. ##### to thousands of women and kids in public that LSU is chocked full of nasty inbred incestuous swamp-mouthed trash?

Jan 17, 2020, 8:10 AM

My name ain't Abe,but I'm being honest
It's time to move on, put it to bed( or rest) and get ready for College Basketball season, and Professional golf.
Yes, college basketball through March, and golf through early September when we can all say;
"SNAP THE BALL"!

OP has problem seeing with head up his own butt.

Where were you last year?***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More class from the LSU crowd

Man, you won...let it go. Need to come over here and gloat, then kick salt in the wound.

Enjoy your deserved title...looks like it will be your last for awhile.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s only if they get to keep this one!***

Jan 17, 2020, 8:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 8:12 AM

Dude...you won....the game is over

We aren't gonna agree with you. And don't care about
LSU. Give it a rest chief.

Dang man... just how old are you?

Jan 17, 2020, 8:12 AM

I agree they were running the clock out. We did the same thing in the prior NCG and did take 10+ minutes off the clock. They took about 4-5 off after TL's fumble gave them the ball about midfield on 1/13. LSU had a great team and they clearly whipped the Clemson Tigers. But they did NOT run 10 minutes off of the clock at the end of the game. I also agree they put the offense in low gear at about the time they reached 42 points, but Idi not see a lot of substitution by of their 'ones' them; did you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 8:15 AM

Oh and one more thing

Come back and talk to us when you made it to the playoffs
5 yrs in a row.

Then we might talk about how good your team is.

We respect Bama...not LSU for their flash in the pan season

Actually they far exceeded my expectations

Jan 17, 2020, 8:17 AM

In being classless, ignorant inbred aszhats. Certainly the best ever at that

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your offense wasn't surprising (not to me anyway)........

Jan 17, 2020, 8:19 AM

there were way too many mismatches for us on defense and we didn't have a front four on the Dline like last year to get consistent pressure w/o bringing extra bodies.

What surprised me the most was your defense and our lack of efficiency on offense.

Kudos on the deserved win.........stay classy.

Jan 17, 2020, 8:23 AM

Looks like the starters were in the game on the last 2 series, why LSU, why?

Pass plays with 7:29, 6:52, 6:21, 5:24, 2:18 and 2:10 doesn't exactly look like running the ball, so I dispute your assertion.

Put your backups in, hand the ball off every time and I agree.

These types of posts are dumb...

The ‘see, I told ya so,’ is a helluva lot easier to do after the game has been played. People called Clemson fans delusional last year and look what unfolded. It doesn’t take a lot of skill to make these threads after the fact.

Be honest, your team is a flash in the pan and consists of an entire fan base that lacks class. You will be in a Dec 27th bowl next year and you know it. Nice one year entry into the playoffs; enjoy it for a long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we had a bad night. Those don't come very often.

Jan 17, 2020, 8:29 AM

our QB had lost 0% of games he had played in as a college student. That's why. Those are pretty convincing odds. We didn't know he'd have 13 overthrows, something he'd never done before. It happens.

Hats off to LSU for playing its A game. You caught Clemson on its worst night (and yes, you had something to do with it). Just like we caught Bama on its worst night last season. We could have scored more on them also. But so what? We know if we had played them again, it undoubtedly could have been a different game.

I don't think Clemson fans were on Bama boards after the game telling them how much they suck. If it helps your ego yelling your superiority at us, cool with us. We've heard it before. It's boring. We know our place, and it's not jealousy of LSU's one hit wonder program. We look forward to playing Bama again next season, and their fans who don't waste their time over on our boards spouting how great they are. I didn't realize how much I'd miss their mutual respect.

Gotta go, time to start making reservations for next January in Miami. Good luck finding some new coaches and players.

Jan 17, 2020, 8:34 AM

Congrats on the big win. Clemson has been on both sides of 17+ point spread games in the playoffs over the last 5 years, and we realize that while there was that much difference between the team's on that particular day, the same results may not occur if the two teams were to meet again. Enjoy the offseason.

Not speaking for anyone else but no i knew we were facing a

Jan 17, 2020, 8:37 AM

great offense. Tua's offense was a great offense too and they were held to 16 pts. So its not impossible to strike quick and make the other team press. Also not to mention had we wanted to in that game against bama, we couldve scored 60 as well. so we understand.

Our issue was going to be the defensive line making plays. And giving those LBs the freedom to drop back and not be needed to blitz all game. Those boys we had last year would've won us that LSU game bc we wouldn't have needed LBs to blitz the entire time. When you lose 4 NFL Defensive linemen you're going to feel it in these championship games. It kinda sucks not to see Burrow get a dose of our defensive line like we usually have but hey thats college football. It was a rebuilding year on the def. line but thought they played well though. Just not enough in games where you play a prolific offense.

But i think the reason you saw Clemson not sweat this LSU team pregame is bc...why would we? You're new here i'm sure but we're told every Playoff game how we are going to get beat and we've only lost 2 prior to this game. I'll say this proudly, the other team is going to have to just beat Clemson and earn it to get it done. And thats been a tough out in recent history. But LSU did just that...this year.

the game is over. I still think we should have beaten

Jan 17, 2020, 8:40 AM

You corn doggers

Go away

This guy is putting off major coot vibes trying to hang around here and annoy us.

Jan 17, 2020, 9:02 AM

We knew that we had to play our A game to win. We didn’t. You did. Congrats.

Be honest. It took “the best team ever” to beat us. Nothing less would have been good enough. You know LSU has little chance of getting back to the playoffs. Enjoy going back to being a 5th place sec team.

Jan 17, 2020, 9:36 AM

The most important pieces of your puzzle are now gone. Best wishes against 'Bammer next year. :)

Jan 17, 2020, 9:53 AM

Be honest, will you watch the playoffs next year on TV like the team will be doing ?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 9:58 AM

See Kirk Herbstreit comments today ... think that says it all!!! Now go crawl back in your hole and maybe in 20 years you’ll crawl out for another year

See Kirk Herbstreit comments today ... think that says it all!!! Now go crawl back in your hole and maybe in 20 years you’ll crawl out for another year

Jan 17, 2020, 10:00 AM

CJ2002 said:

When anyone looked at the LSU offense numbers before the game. Consider some of the topped ranked teams they had played.

Why Clemson fans could not see what was coming?

I read some on this board and I could not understand why you just ignored the facts.

42 points, Kneeling on the ball at the 3. LSU was trying to run clock with 10 minutes left. They could have scored closer to 60.

I looked at the teams they beat and I did not see a #### reason we could not beat everyone of them on the field. Enjoy your win and maybe we can have a rematch next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 10:05 AM

Be honest. You feel the need to gloat because you know that you have a glorified Gene Chizik for a head coach and know that you won't sniff another title for a while. Also let's see if this title doesnt get stripped after you had a booster steal from a kids hospital to pay for football players.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

LSU had a great year and deserved to win.

Jan 17, 2020, 10:09 AM

LSU's offense was obviously excellent all year, including against us.

I think almost all Clemson fans respected LSU's offense and knew it would be a challenge for our defense. However, we must keep in mind that our defense was arguably the best in the nation. It wasn't unreasonable to expect our defense to limit LSU's offense compared to the numbers put up during the season.

Congrats on your win. I think it will be a while before you're a legitimate contender again. We'll be back next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

WOW YOU GUYS ARE SO GOOD! Can't wait to see you next

Jan 17, 2020, 10:15 AM

year in the playoffs!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jan 17, 2020, 10:15 AM

Be honest. You are pathetic troll.

Enjoy your dream season.

Jan 17, 2020, 10:21 AM

We will continue building our dynasty.

Make it to the CFP 5 years in a row, and make it to the natty game 4 out of those 5 times you make it to the CFP, and bring home a natty trophy 2 out of those 5 times, please...get back to us then.

Good luck next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU was the better team that night. They won the game,

Jan 17, 2020, 10:42 AM

and no one can ever take that away. Just as no one can take away your fanbase acting like bratty ten year olds who have never been there before (or ever tasted alcohol, for that matter). Clemson will continue to appear in the CFP on a VERY regular basis. I suspect it will be some time, if ever, before LSU shows up again. That's the difference between a program and a bought and paid for one shot wonder.

Jan 17, 2020, 11:13 AM

I don't think you are looking for any real answers, but I'll give you my opinion anyway. I don't think that many Clemson fans really expected to stop LSU's offense, but our defense did a couple of things really well this year: 1. Avoided giving up the big play. 2. Stopped people in the red zone.

I believe that you had 9 plays of over 20 yards and were 4 for 4 scoring TD's in the red zone. You only scored 1 more time than OSU but had 19 more points because we forced OSU into field goals and did not with you. OSU had an offense that was as prolific as yours, played comparable competition, and sat their starters considerably sooner than LSU throughout the year.

I don't think it would have been realistic to expect to hold LSU to 16, like we did Alabama's offense to a year ago, but 25 to 30 would have been within reason. I give credit to LSU for succeeding where others have failed, but though our glasses may be tinted orange, we were not delusional in our expectations.

Congratulations. LSU was a great team. Clemson is a great program. We were runner up in the CFP in a serious rebuilding year for our defense. We will be right back in the conversation next year. We will see if you are.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic