Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson deserves better fans than this.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 6,199

Clemson deserves better fans than this.

Oct 30, 2016, 1:09 PM

With everyone's best shot, we are undefeated. Tired of the complaining and negative comments. We are an elite program and I suggest you enjoy it

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be better

Oct 30, 2016, 1:38 AM

I really don't understand why fans like you criticize those fans who just wants us to play better.

Why aren't fans allowed to be unhappy about turnovers?

Why aren't fans allowed to question the call to throw the football on 3rd and 1 and get intercepted?

And oh by the way, we keep talking about trying to improve the running game, but we don't give it a chance.

Yes, I'm happy we won.

Some of us just want to get better.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Be better

Oct 30, 2016, 1:50 AM

Because you are crying about stuff that doesn't matter. We have won every game we have played this year. What are you talking about not running the ball? We had 150 rushing yards tonight. It's annoying to see people post oh well we blew this one. Better luck next season.

Oct 30, 2016, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Be better ]

Careful Tigerstripe, this is the age of the "safe space", the age of "my right to not see the negative totally outweighs your right to see it, and I will flame and shout you down because of it". Tread lightly Tigerstripe around the borders of the "safe space" as the dogs will be unleashed and "safe spacers" will become unhinged as the real world is vewy vewy scawey and a loss is unimaginable, unthinkable, and terrifying to them. To acknowledge them, yes we are unbeaten. That does NOT mean (hang on tight) that it can't happen with our current "style" of winning games. I do hope that we make it all the way. I also hope that we get our "style" of winning on a more solid footing. Go Tigers!

Oct 30, 2016, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Be better ]

There's a huge difference in wanting the team to play better and some of the comments here last night.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2016, 12:07 PM

Time to get over being offended by words

Re: Be better toTigerstripe?

Oct 31, 2016, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Be better ]

How can we be better than 8-0! Enjoy it and quit being so critical. We have enough of that from coots, local and national media.

Re: Clemson deserves better fans than this.

Oct 30, 2016, 1:45 AM

I am enjoying this one all week!!!!

as someone said, Clemson now has a lot of bandwagon

Oct 30, 2016, 10:31 PM

fans that have attached themselves to its success. It kind of goes back to the "alum/non-alum" discussion that crops up from time to time. There are plenty of non-alum fans who've been fans their entire lives, and I don't count them amongst the bandwagon group, but there are lots of folks who view the team as a commodity. We have to listen to them every game when the threads about how we need a "real OC" crop up. I'm so sick of reading those posts. How many games have our co-OC's lost? 1 in 2 years?

Re: Clemson deserves better fans than this.

Oct 30, 2016, 10:47 AM

Because we continue to lose the turnover battle. Of course I'm excited we won but if we continue to turn the ball over and have questionable play calling. Some of us are realists and don't wear orange colored glasses through life

So help me out with this: What reality am I missing?

Oct 30, 2016, 11:31 AM

The reality where Clemson is undefeated?

The reality where we put more than 30 point and 500 yards up at FSU ... #### the fact that we won at FSU at all?

The reality where the only loss this team has suffered in the past 2 years is to the reigning national champion?

The reality where we picked up a tombstone in a place we haven't won in a decade?

The reality where this team has found the heart to come back time after time against ranked opponents ... games that in the past we simply would have folded?

THAT is the reality I see in this team. The true reality is that Clemson is a great team of great young men blessed with a world of talent and a bit of fortune.

Clemson is a team that I am proud to follow and beyond proud to salute on their way to one of the greatest seasons in our history. THAT is reality.

Whatever your reality is, it must be unendurable misery, waiting for something unpleasant to possibly happen. I pity you for living there.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So help me out with this: What reality am I missing?

Oct 30, 2016, 12:03 PM

The reality is if a stadium or location with haints, ghosts, apparitions,etc is all that keeps you from winning there for a decade when you are clearly the better team on more than one occasion, I say someone has pulled a huge Jedi mind trick.

Wait, wut???

Oct 30, 2016, 12:45 PM

The Rev must have blown your mind, you're making no sense.

Go Tigers!

Re: Wait, wut???

Oct 30, 2016, 4:54 PM

No mind blown here. Just don't know when constructive criticism turned into "tiger hate" and "cootishness". I'm sooo happy that some Tiger fans have found a safe space to dwell and all the big nasty things of the world can't hurt or offend them. They will do exceptionally well when they step out into said world and wonder why they get flattened. When a friend steps in to offer a different perspective or advice they can shriek "hater" and depulse them....yep perfectly sensible....sort of like screaming at the fireman coming to put your house out.

There is a big difference between constructive criticism and

Oct 30, 2016, 5:06 PM

crap like: Watson is terrible, the OCs should be fired and the like, which I heard too much of last night, as soon as things weren't going our way. We need to appreciate the fact, we are on the best two year run in the history of Clemson football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is a big difference between constructive criticism and

Oct 30, 2016, 5:33 PM

Oh it's very much appreciated. Yes those comments are way overblown and unrealistic....just as unrealistic as those who think we can't lose and no matter what we will win.

Re: Wait, wut???

Oct 30, 2016, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Wait, wut??? ]

I shall call said safe spacers "Alexandrians". (Walking Dead) it fits.

Oct 30, 2016, 12:04 PM [ in reply to So help me out with this: What reality am I missing? ]

Stand in front of the train long enough, eventually you get run over, win/loss record notwithstanding.

Oct 30, 2016, 5:05 PM [ in reply to So help me out with this: What reality am I missing? ]

Well said, Rev. The people who incessantly complain about every negative aspect of this program have no ability to see the big picture and quite honestly lack self awareness. I would be willing to bet they live life the same depressing way.

Re: So help me out with this: Well said.

Oct 31, 2016, 5:15 PM [ in reply to So help me out with this: What reality am I missing? ]

Well stated.
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Try it you'll sleep better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 30, 2016, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson deserves better fans than this. ]

N/M

Anyone offended by this post should consider

Oct 30, 2016, 5:59 PM

It written for them.

Replies: 21
| visibility 6,199
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic