Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't have a problem with Cam's post game interview.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

I don't have a problem with Cam's post game interview.

Feb 8, 2016, 8:10 AM

He didn't swear, throw things or threaten anyone. He seemed frustrated and disappointed to me and I understand that. He'll rebound and the Panthers will contend again next season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be a professional. Answer some questions

Feb 8, 2016, 8:13 AM

in a normal manner and then sulk in private or with teammates. Peyton Manning would have done the right thing in a loss.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a professional football player,

Feb 8, 2016, 8:14 AM

not a professional interview-giver.

How would you like it if, on the worst night of your life, someone had shoved 20 microphones in your face and asked you how it felt?

Clearly, he knows that will happen just as

Feb 8, 2016, 8:19 AM

he knew 20 microphones would be in his face if he won. He knows the drill. They all do. Be a professional and do the drill. This wasn't like Buckner heading into the locker room after missing the ball. It was just your team got beat by a better team on that night.

I'm not saying he was right, but

Feb 8, 2016, 8:20 AM

I'm not going to crucify him for it. He'll get better. Most all of them do.

honestly, we've heard that since he stole laptops at UF....

Feb 8, 2016, 8:23 AM

If you indeed change, it affects every area of your life. Nobody will be their best all of the time, but Cam was about as bad as one can be last night. We'll just have to catch him when he's not losing I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So glad to hear your opinion...

Feb 8, 2016, 8:52 AM

Oh perfect one. Will you forgive all of our sins now?

GO Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, so since you don't like what I say....

Feb 8, 2016, 8:58 AM

You're going to go passive-aggressive. Good move.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: honestly, we've heard that since he stole laptops at UF....

Feb 8, 2016, 9:13 AM [ in reply to honestly, we've heard that since he stole laptops at UF.... ]

I agree. While his disappointment is understandable, he has to understand he is a role model for kids of all ages. From my 8 year old that wears his jersey and collects his trading cards to our Heisman trophy finalist QB. You can be seen as a winner even in a loss but Newton failed In that regards. Integrity and maturity are seen especially after failure. I hope he will learn from this episode and comes back more mature next year. He's obviously come a long way but like most of (especially me) he's got a ways more to go...

Good thoughts....

Feb 8, 2016, 9:15 AM

We all are striving to better I hope.

And losing a football game is the "worst

Feb 8, 2016, 8:21 AM [ in reply to He's a professional football player, ]

night of his life", lol, then DEFINITLEY man up and be a professional. ??

Re: And losing a football game is the "worst***

Feb 8, 2016, 8:47 AM

Re: And losing a football game is the "worst******

Feb 8, 2016, 8:47 AM

Re: And losing a football game is the "worst******

Feb 8, 2016, 8:49 AM

Sorry they don't make band aides for feelings
What goes around comes around

Re: He's a professional football player,

Feb 8, 2016, 8:22 AM [ in reply to He's a professional football player, ]

That is part of his job , which he also failed at last night .
If he doesn't want to field questio s he should work elsewhere , like maybe as a Gregorian Monk after the vow of silence .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nobody's arguing that it wasn't a difficult time, but.....

Feb 8, 2016, 8:28 AM [ in reply to He's a professional football player, ]

there is absolutely no question he could have handled himself with a great deal more class, professionalism, and maturity.

He spent about two-and-a-half minutes answering questions and basically pouting before standing up and leaving. As the face of that franchise, and the league MVP, you just can't do that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Compare Cam to Deshaun - DW4 is more professional

Feb 8, 2016, 9:44 AM [ in reply to He's a professional football player, ]

DW4 handled himself more maturely after the National Championhsip loss than the "adult professional" did after his national championship loss (aka SuperBowl).

Cam has lots of growing up to do.

Watson also played an extremely great game individually

Feb 8, 2016, 9:50 AM

If Cam went 25-28 for 300 yards and a 3 TDs, but still lost, I bet he'd be in a little better mood.

Could be but I have my doubts***

Feb 8, 2016, 10:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Obviously Cam didn't play great....

Feb 8, 2016, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Watson also played an extremely great game individually ]

But at least it was the dropped passes and the OL allowing the sacks that were the responsible per the abbreviated press conference.

When we allow our circumstances to dictate our character, our reactions will as unpredictable as our circumstances.

Re: He's a professional football player,

Feb 8, 2016, 10:29 AM [ in reply to He's a professional football player, ]

Exactly. Everyone wants to flame the guy and criticize him but I bet this was the most disappointing day in his life and people are angry because he didn't respond to it a certain way immediately afterward. It's ridiculous.

Re: Be a professional. Answer some questions

Feb 8, 2016, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Be a professional. Answer some questions ]

Peyton Manning didn't shake the opposing players hands last super bowl loss, Brady has cursed out the media and stormed off...a lot of quarterbacks and players in general show their emotions after losses.

Don't let the media give you the wrong perception about Cam, do your research. It happens all the time. Peyton, Brady, Eli, Ben....

it's probably just being pointed out because....

Feb 8, 2016, 8:49 AM

a couple dozen out of thousands of Twitter followers used racial slurs

Re: I don't have a problem with Cam's post game interview.

Feb 8, 2016, 8:14 AM

You're right he didn't look like a petulant child .

He looked like an adult who hasn't learned to lose with composure and grace .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 8, 2016, 8:16 AM

Ididnt see Cam's but I did see Rivera's w CBS. He did a great job in a diffcult time

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What Cam needs to learn from Peyton Manning is

Plausible Deniability.

He needs to get married so his wife can get HGH with a doctor's supervision and he will always have plausible deniability.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What Cam needs to learn from Peyton Manning is

Feb 8, 2016, 9:11 AM

out of the list of reasons the Broncos won the game, where are we ranking Peyton's HGH scandal?

I mean, does anyone NOT think that Brock Osweiler starts and that game's a blowout?

You must be a Panthers fan....

We've listened for weeks of how Cam is unjustly disliked. I heard him and I was fine with it. Last night's reaction was much louder.

Thank you. ????????????????***

Feb 8, 2016, 8:22 AM

Agree.

Feb 8, 2016, 8:25 AM

I want to understand why people feel they are entitled to have the loser of any event stand there and talk about why they lost and how they feel about losing.

Ive never understood this mentality.

The media isnt owed this either. Most of these media scumbags will sit there and try to get these athletes to slip up and say something self incriminating or talk trash about someone or cry etc.

I know if I was in Cam's shoes, I would show up to the presser (only to not get fined by the NFL) and stay only as long as I had to.

Being a good loser is not a quality put much stock in....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get the problem of having to do the interview....

Feb 8, 2016, 8:40 AM

and having to deal with the ridiculous questions. It is truly stupid.

But sportsmanship is dying. Where are our gentlemen?

You simply can't act like Cam did. There are things we have to do in life that are unpleasant and, at times, that we think are unnecessary. We may even disagree with them. We cannot simply shirk our responsibilities because we don't like them.

Re: I get the problem of having to do the interview....

Feb 8, 2016, 8:50 AM

So you are entitled to watching him fake a smile and pretend like hes not pi$$ed off because....

-He simply can't act like that
-We all have to do things we dont want to do
-Its his responsibility

Youre not making much of a case here Franc...

Im not sure we agree on the definition of gentleman either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said nothing about smiling....

Feb 8, 2016, 9:06 AM

Did Deshaun smile when we lost and he gave his press conference?

Yes it is obvious that we disagree on the definition of gentlemen and character.

I probably shouldn't have responded to your post. I obviously have higher standards than you do.

Re: Agree.

Feb 8, 2016, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Agree. ]

I think you are incorrect on that one. No NFL pro does more dramatic celebrating than Cam N. when he and his guys are victors and doing well. Yesterday, he was not the superstar of the game--the Bronco defense made him human and he didn't like it nor did he like facing the media in defeat and telling them the obvious--"they just beat us [and me] up out there".

In his defense, he did go speak with Peyton on the field. I hope he did the same to the Bronco defensive stars--especially Ware and Miller. He got a dose of 'humble pie' on the field in SB 50.
One of his first tastes of that reality it appears.

Re: Agree.

Feb 8, 2016, 9:30 AM

You didn't listen to the interview... So you are incorrect.

He absolutely said that the Broncos were better and played better.

Sounds to me that most are looking for Cam to suffer and eat crow because he show-boats and has a scratchy past to say the least.

For the record, I'm not a Cam fan. I'm a skins fan, and that's really tough!

Feb 8, 2016, 8:27 AM

He has the gracious winner down....needs to work on being a gracious loser. It is part of his job to do post game interviews. He failed miserably at that.

Feb 8, 2016, 8:42 AM

yea he may of seemed upset? but you honestly are gonna sit there and tell me that after a long season, all the time and effort these players put in to the game, that after a bad game in the SUPER BOWL that you wouldnt have acted a little bit angry in a press conference? I read that during the interview you could hear the broncos celebration from their locker room. Give the guy a little slack here. I think any competitor in a high stakes game like that would be torn up when they hear the other team celebrating.

Reminded me of Belichick***

Feb 8, 2016, 8:59 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw Clemson players handle the loss to Bama better than Cam last night.

Feb 8, 2016, 9:05 AM

Cam still acted immature. He knew what game he was getting into, no excuses.

Josh Norman, one of the nastiest attitudes on the team....

Feb 8, 2016, 9:18 AM

Reacted better in the loss than Cam.

I don't care to pile on Cam, but I think we can raise the

Feb 8, 2016, 9:33 AM

bar juuuuust a smidge over "He didn't swear, throw things or threaten anyone" when assessing a team leader's handling of a tough loss.

null

Aaron Rodgers has made some horribly immature comments in press

Feb 8, 2016, 9:42 AM

conferences yet nobody has crucified him. Heck he mocked Russell Wilson for thanking God after Seattle beat GB last year. I would expect Tigernet to flip out over that, but no, they go after Cam instead.

I'm with you....

Feb 8, 2016, 11:01 AM

I was expecting more Green Bay talk today.

For me personally, I don't care for Aaron Rodgers and never have. But I think you have to understand why Cam is being talked about.

First, would guess that because Cam plays for the Panthers, he represents the "home team" for many Tiger fans.

Second, Cam has a history of having character issues from his time at UF and the rumors of pay-for-play Scam Newton at Auburn. He continued to be questioned in the area of character as a pro for his attitude up until this successful year. Much has been made about his growth over the last few weeks about his "unjust" criticism. Surely there has been no reason to question his integrity. In fact, because he has received racial comments on his Twitter account by a few people, the only explanation for his criticism has to be the color of his skin.

Those are a couple of reasons why there may be some negative thoughts this morning about Cam although crucifixion seems a little strong.

Cam had a test last night and he failed.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic