Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baylor over TCU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1,560

Baylor over TCU

Dec 6, 2014, 10:48 PM

I agree TCU is a great team, but how is Baylor not in over them after the head to head. All else un equal, that game was. Oh St lost to VT of all teams. Upsets happen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baylor over TCU

Dec 6, 2014, 10:52 PM

Neither of them might not make it in since there is no conference championship game

Dec 6, 2014, 10:55 PM

TCU is in. Not sure what you're thinking....

Dec 6, 2014, 10:57 PM

I think TCU is out. No conference championship. What are there best wins and are they better than OSUs?

Dec 6, 2014, 10:57 PM

You're Right... TCU is going to drop out after that win today. Makes sense.

Dec 6, 2014, 11:00 PM

Because it was a 2-10 team and Oklahoma is turning out to be a fraud.

Dec 6, 2014, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Baylor over TCU ]

I'm thinking tcu beat a 2-10 team and loss to Baylor. Baylor deserves to be in more than them. Since there is no championship game in their conference the committee may penalize them for that and pick up a one loss Ohio st team that blew out Wisconsin with a third string qb

Dec 6, 2014, 11:02 PM

Agreed. That was my post. Why is Baylor not in over them....

Dec 6, 2014, 11:03 PM

But it looks like these idiots are putting them in. Either one is better than oh at though bc their loss was so bad. At home. Don't care what week it was.

Dec 6, 2014, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Baylor over TCU ]

I think they are both out. OSUs win tonight and over mich st are better than any two wins for tcu or Baylor.

Dec 6, 2014, 11:11 PM

You gotta point...and after all....it is Ohio State we are talking here. Media's #### boys

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 6, 2014, 11:18 PM

Big12 is a tougher conference than big10. Ok pushed FSU. WVU pushed Bama. Ohio State lost to Va Tech.

TCU was up big on Baylor and let them come back late in the 4th quarter.

I don't want to see a Baylor team that literally tried to intentionally commit pass interference every pass vs WVU. The strategy was that they couldn't stop them so rough them up and dare the refs to call it every time.

TCU is the best of the teams in contention for the last spot, and has a pulse on d even though the big12 is the best offensive conference.

Dec 6, 2014, 11:23 PM

Ok didn't play fsu .....

Dec 6, 2014, 11:26 PM

Ok state, auto correct

Dec 6, 2014, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Baylor over TCU ]

Too late for the committee to start using sound logic at this point dude. Time for them to make @sses of themselves now

Dec 6, 2014, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Baylor over TCU ]

Not if Baylor beats TCU. If so then this system is worse then the BCS. It would be like us beating FSU head to head and both having 1 loss and we not get in.

Dec 6, 2014, 11:15 PM

happened to Miami after they beat fsu in 2000.

That led to immediate changes that took margin of victory

Dec 7, 2014, 1:00 AM

out of the computer formulas. FSU passed Miami that year because they blew so many teams out. It was complete BS for Miami to end up #3 that year, so the BCS decided to change their formula to prevent that from ever happening again.

For the committee, they don't have to deal with changing any type of formula. They can find reasons to justify whoever they put first no matter who it is as long as it isn't something completely ridiculous like putting a 3 loss team in front of a 1 loss team. Since their is no 100 percent objective rules about which criteria is more important than the other (including overall record, head to head, strength of schedule, quality wins, how bad their losses are, whether they won their conference, etc.) they can justify whatever they want.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2014, 1:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Baylor over TCU ]

Of course its worse than the BCS. We took computerized number crunching and replaced it with straight up politics. You may as well let Congress decide. Sadly OSU is probably in and they lost to the Logan Thomas School for the Blind.

I would be shocked if TCU or Baylor get in

Dec 7, 2014, 12:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Baylor over TCU ]

The committee has to put Ohio State in for two reasons;

First, it eliminates them having to choose between Baylor and TCU and looking biased in favor of the team they select. TCU has a valid argument in that they shouldn't move down following a 52 point victory and having their only loss being to a top 10 team. However, Baylor has perhaps the stronger argument because they are the only team that did beat TCU. With their win over #9 Kansas State, they have arguably more impressive victories than TCU now. They still have the worse loss of the two against West Virginia, but I don't think that should be enough for a TCU team that they beat to be picked before them.

Second, Ohio State beat a good Wisconsin team 59-0 to win their conference. Wisconsin had the #2 ranked defense in the nation allowing less than 1 yard per game more than our #1 defense. The Buckeyes managed to score 59 points against that elite defense in spite of having their 3rd string QB playing. Wisconsin also has one of the best rushing offenses in the nation led by Melvin Gordon, but tOSU held them to only 71 yards rushing and 258 total yards.

The committee has to pick Ohio State and leave the Big 12 teams out to avoid the negativity associated with the choice they make favoring one of the teams over the other.

Dec 7, 2014, 12:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Baylor over TCU ]

Baylor, TCU, and OSU have all played 9 conference games. The conference championship game is moot.

Dec 6, 2014, 11:15 PM

I really think the committee is trying to judge on what has been done up until that point in time. Quite honestly I am thinking it might be easier to pick 2. Or you need to go to 16. Yes 16. We would still have a shot!

I think they will move to 8 in a few years and stop there

Dec 7, 2014, 1:06 AM

I just think that 16 teams might be too many, and it would be very difficult to find a way to get all those games worked into the schedule. A 16 team bracket would require 4 rounds, which means a minimum of 4 weeks of games. If the first game started during bowl season around New Years day, that would push that national championship game all the way back to the end of January. With these being college kids, it would require a lost of changes for them to push it back that far. That would limit their offseason to not much more than a month before they had spring practice. It also limits the amount of time that these teams have for recruiting with national signing day coming up within a week of the end of the season. Coaches do a lot of their recruiting in January and a 16 team playoff would likely force national signing day to be pushed back further.

TCU lost a close one to Baylor

Dec 6, 2014, 11:40 PM

Baylor lost to WVU. That is why TCU is ahead. OSU shouldn't be ahead of Baylor in my opinion, especially after they lost to a terrible VT team.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1,560
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic