Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bat flip
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 3,670

Bat flip

Mar 25, 2016, 11:10 PM

Hope Abreu gets one in the ribs tomorrow .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a Latino thing to do

Mar 25, 2016, 11:13 PM

And its the bastardization of sportmanship by latino players that do that.

I want to hear Trumps opinion

Mar 25, 2016, 11:17 PM

Build that baseball wall higher

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Responding here with the c/p from wiki

Mar 25, 2016, 11:27 PM

"In the United States, bat flips have traditionally been considered rude and inconsistent with baseball etiquette.[2] Traditional etiquette and the unwritten rules of baseball espouse humility and discourage actions which may be interpreted as arrogant or showing up the opponents.[3]

Torii Hunter, a retired Major League Baseball player and fan of bat flips in Korean baseball, has stated that a player throwing a bat in such a manner during a game in the United States would likely face retaliation in a subsequent at bat, such as being hit by a pitch.[2]

In April 2015, Yasiel Puig stated that he would flip his bat less frequently because he wanted "to show American baseball that I'm not disrespecting the game".[4]"

Although I understand the bat flipping originated in Asia, it's players like Jose Bauista and Puig who have completely thrown out the unwritten code of Baseball. There's something that is usually stated as "act like you've been there before" which Abreu never did. He proverbally crapped on the unwritten rules of baseball and if he was in the majors, he'd be looking forward to a HBP, sanctioned by the Manager of the opposing team.

There are two things you do not do in baseball: Flip your bat and look at your hit.

easy solution: don't give up game winning HR

Mar 25, 2016, 11:40 PM

If you do, expect other team to celebrate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you Brian McCann.

Mar 26, 2016, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Responding here with the c/p from wiki ]

This kind of silliness is why baseball is dying.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bat flip

Mar 25, 2016, 11:15 PM

Earhole...not ribs.

Who cares?***

Mar 25, 2016, 11:26 PM

Mar 25, 2016, 11:28 PM

Stupid thread.... if you can't celebrate a walk off quit playing the game.

I can't stand Bruce Harper but he was right about baseball. Loosen up... and that's coming from an old school baseball lover. Celebrate if you do good.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2016, 11:44 PM

"if you can't celebrate a walk off quit playing the game"

Nobody said you couldn't celebrate. Just don't show up the pitcher. Wait until you touch them all and celebrate with your team .

If US baseball starts looking like this crap I will stop watching and attending games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhcXNvrQmbI

Mar 25, 2016, 11:51 PM

Hitting a baseball is a 1v1 situation, if you hit a walkoff then flip your bat, do a back flip, whatever you just won a game for your team with one swing.

Last Sunday when Beer hit a walk off and was jumping around and whatnot without the team did you say anything?

This ain't your great grandfathers baseball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2016, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Bat flip ]

Hitting a baseball is a 1v1 situation, if you hit a walkoff then flip your bat, do a back flip, whatever you just won a game for your team with one swing.

Last Sunday when Beer hit a walk off and was jumping around and whatnot without the team did you say anything?

Mar 25, 2016, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Bat flip ]

Mar 26, 2016, 9:34 AM

You can say that again...oh wait

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Mar 26, 2016, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Bat flip ]

Id love to know how a bat flip is showing up the pitcher.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Bruce?

Mar 26, 2016, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Bat flip ]

Who's he? That must be the same gent that kicks dirt on the Braves logo as he arrives to the plate. Yes he is a prick

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Butt hurt b/c he hit a walk off HR against us?***

Mar 26, 2016, 8:24 AM

Mar 26, 2016, 9:44 AM

You guys crying about a bat flip are so ridiculous. Political correctness is KILLING the game of baseball. Guy hit a walk off home run. Blame our pitcher. Not the batter.

There is a reason baseball is dying amongst

Mar 26, 2016, 9:52 AM

our youth. It's the stupid traditionalists that think everything has to be treated in this PC fashion.

Let the players show emotion. He hit a freakin walk off HR. Best feeling there is in baseball. I have zero problems with it.

Re: There is a reason baseball is dying amongst

Mar 26, 2016, 10:03 AM

Seems to be a lot of participation trophy guys in this thread. Don't like the bat flip? Don't give up a walk off HR.

Mar 26, 2016, 10:46 AM [ in reply to There is a reason baseball is dying amongst ]

Video games and "boring, dead time" are the main reasons baseball is dying.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 26, 2016, 5:32 PM [ in reply to There is a reason baseball is dying amongst ]

"According to the head offices of Little League, approximately 2 million kids play youth baseball, and that number has held steady for the last 5 years."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2014/10/08/baseball-is-dying-dont-be-stupid/#3aef0b213076

Would rather see the Tigers beat the snot out of them

Mar 26, 2016, 4:22 PM

in the next two games. And, then Abreu goes home crying.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Mar 26, 2016, 6:24 PM

Who cares if they flip their bat? This "unspoken code of conduct" in baseball is so foolish, and probably part of the reason its popularity is nosediving. It's going to be the #4 sport in the country before we know it.

Replies: 23
| visibility 3,670
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic