Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball thoughts kinda long
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Basketball thoughts kinda long

Mar 15, 2019, 8:24 AM

I hope we are in the dance, fingers crossed. If we don’t make it, it will be the close losses to NCST 2x, Miami, Creighton, and Nebraska. The ACCT should have been a win vs NCST if only the refs had played fair. But Brad should have seen it and ran more 4 corners sets with Reed and Mitchell driving with the big guys crashing. Maybe we could have gotten a few calls too. I like Brad, he represents Clemson well and I think is a good coach. My main concern is recruiting vs transfers. There is talent in this state to compete. Next year looks very scary in terms of what we have coming back.

Also anyone bashing Eli has no understanding of how much better that kid has gotten. If only he had a few more years to hone his skill set.

I will watch and pull for my Tigers where ever they play. And thankfully we are #1 in football and baseball is looking sharp. And the turn around of the women’s basketball team has been long over due. AB34 has done a fantastic job!

Anyway GO TIGERS!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basketball thoughts kinda long

Mar 15, 2019, 8:54 AM

Good take, but how do you justify the refs not playing fair when you lose a 16 point half time lead by getting outscored 14-2 in one stretch, have a 10-minute scoring drought and only score 16 points total.
Can't blame that totally on the officials. Besides, go back to the first State game, and we missed 4 straight free throws with under 35 seconds to go in the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2019, 10:21 AM

In football this would be like having a 20 point lead and blowing it after having the defense miss a bunch of tackles, leaving receivers open due to busted coverages, and having receivers drop several wide open passes on offense. Throw in having your kicker miss a couple of short field goals, and then blame the refs for the loss due to them missing a holding call on the final drive.

Mar 15, 2019, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Basketball thoughts kinda long ]

I didn’t totally blame the loss on the referees. Brad should have recognized that driving to the basket in the second half might have gotten more trips to the line and easier buckets. That’s on Brad. I can apriceiate you’re take here as well. Maybe it is time going into year ten to make a change. I certainly am no basketball expert by any means. One thing is for sure I will support the Tigers no mater what.

Mar 15, 2019, 9:34 AM

After 9 going to year 10 shouldnt we gave greater expectations than this.Losing close games giving up 16 pt leads.Ultimately wins and losses fall on the coach. Clemson can be a very good basketball program.Amanda Butler is a great coach and she's bringing in a class of 5 that extends out to Australia.I'm tired of hearing about he's a good x and os coach etc. Find me a great recruiter coach that is offensive minded .Like Dabo he has to have a vision for his program .

Mar 15, 2019, 10:36 AM

Recruiting is my biggest concern with Brad. So I can agree with you here.

Mar 15, 2019, 9:52 AM

Your wife/girlfriend must have told you that post was "kinda long".

Mar 15, 2019, 10:37 AM

Very single here, so no lol.

Mar 15, 2019, 10:06 AM

I am less concerned with next year. I think it will be both interesting and be better than one thinks.

This year, despite being "experienced" was a flawed roster. They were one (two) point producer short and the season could have been a lot worse. Keep in mind that Brad ended the season 8-4 in league play. That is goo coaching.

But here is the trick: point production isn't always related to experience. True, you can develop a player to produce more points but you can take any kid and make him a scorer mid-season (which is kinda where Brad found himself with Reed being dinged up). So I am not worried as our younger guys matured a lot (although not enough) and go watch Dawes, he might be the next great tiger.

Mar 15, 2019, 10:17 AM

We went 8-4, but we had 2 wins over Pitt who was 3-15(14-19 overall) a win over Wake who was 4-18(11-20 overall) ND who was 3-15(14-19 overall) 2 wins over GT who was 6-12(14-18 overall) to go along with our good wins over VT and Syracuse.

Mar 15, 2019, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Basketball thoughts kinda long ]

I hope you’re are right about next year.

Surprised we are still in the "wait till next year" and

Mar 15, 2019, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Basketball thoughts kinda long ]

"addition by subtraction" mode after 9 years. This has been the familiar refrain for quite some time now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic