Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball and CBB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Basketball and CBB

Dec 8, 2019, 6:39 PM

I really believe next season will be a good one with the commitments we have, if players don't transfer, we get some help with the transfer becoming eligible, and our freshman have a year under their belts. This season was always going to suck. Losing Javan White was a pretty huge loss and Baehre getting injured left us in a big hole. Anyway, I think CBB has done a terrible job as HC over his tenure, but I see upside for next season. Obviously there are a lot of ifs that would need to happen. Fire away at me. I can take take it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basketball and CBB

Dec 8, 2019, 6:59 PM

I won't fire away, but I will ask a simple question;
How many more seasons are you willing to give him?
Apparently, from things I have read, this was going to be the last year according to D Rad.
A couple of years ago, it was agreed to give him one more year after the completion of the rejuvenation of LittleJohn, then it was hinted the next year, or so, that the Buy-out was still too high.
How many Jr.College transfers have we supposed to get, how many other 4 or 5 star recruits outside of Zion Williamson feel through the cracks? Can he even recruit a 3-star basketball player( not an athlete but an actual basketball player)?
Obviously you say there are a lot of if's for next year, but what about the and's and but's?

Dec 8, 2019, 7:08 PM

I wouldnt care if he were fired. I just see next season being a much better one as far as what we will have.

Dec 8, 2019, 7:05 PM

See what I mean? Its always next year wih most of you guys. We need to send him packing. He has proven ZERO here.

Dec 8, 2019, 7:11 PM

I am not generally one of those next year guys. I would have fired him a long time ago. I called the year we went to the Sweet 16. Sometimes you can see things being built. We will have a much better team next year if everything can stay as its looking.

No one cares

Dec 8, 2019, 7:12 PM

Including the administration . Clemson basketball is dead and irrelevant

Re: No one cares

Dec 8, 2019, 7:16 PM

Its on life support. People would care if it were solid for a couple of years.

I’m too lazy to look

Dec 8, 2019, 7:19 PM

So remind me what season since he’s been here, that nobody transferred.

Re: I’m too lazy to look

Dec 8, 2019, 7:51 PM

Yes thats why everything I wrote is a big IF.

If you’re into trends and things of that nature

Dec 8, 2019, 7:57 PM

Odds are that we’ll be equally mediocre next year just like all but 1 of the past 8. I find no point in optimism for a 12.5% chance of being something other than a bad team or a mediocre NIT participant. I feel for you guys who continue to expect this program to be someone it’s not going to be under his direction.

Re: If you’re into trends and things of that nature

Dec 8, 2019, 8:05 PM

I have only had 2 seasons under Brad Brownell where I thought coming into the season we would be NCAA bound. One we went to the Sweet 16 and the other we disappointed and went to the NIT. I thought we would suck this year before the season. I think we will be better next season and I wouldnt think making the tournament is far fetched IF all of what I put in the original post happens. I am not a believer in Brad Brownell, but I do see something next year that has promise possibly if the offseason doesnt fall apart.

Fair enough and valid points

Dec 8, 2019, 8:11 PM

I’m just no longer willing to have any optimism that this program can trend in a positive direction. Maybe a lucky season every 5-8 years where everything goes our way but I see no path to consistent success as long as Brownell remains coach here.

Re: Fair enough and valid points

Dec 8, 2019, 8:13 PM

I have no reason to think we will ever be consistent under CBB.

I hope every year is successful for CBB and Clemson...

Dec 8, 2019, 7:53 PM

basketball.

This is a fact.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I hope every year is successful for CBB and Clemson...

Dec 8, 2019, 7:56 PM

Then why do you habitually partially contribute to our losses?

LOL.

Dec 8, 2019, 10:04 PM [ in reply to I hope every year is successful for CBB and Clemson... ]

Since when did facts matter to you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: LOL.

Dec 9, 2019, 8:02 AM

You're saying Francis Marion isn't part of the problem?

Dec 9, 2019, 7:55 AM

I said he needed to go four years ago. They give him an extension. D Rad is a builder of facilies not good at hiring or evaluating coaches. Did the same at G Tech.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic