Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball Update: Clemson Women’s coaching search over?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Basketball Update: Clemson Women’s coaching search over?

Mar 29, 2013, 12:06 PM

Clemson Women’s coaching search over?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basketball Update: Clemson Women’s coaching search over?

Mar 29, 2013, 12:17 PM

She she played for and graduated from UVa. Her husband is former UVa player Anthony Oliver.

Mar 29, 2013, 2:04 PM

wonder if any guys were interviewed?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2013, 4:18 PM

I can say for sure that no men were interviewed for the job. In addition, it appears they spurned former Clemson Women's assistant coach Carey Green again for the 3rd time in 8 years. Why would we ignore him when he's winning his conference every year and going to the NCAA tourney. It's laughable. I guess we're more concerned with quota than quality. Sad day for Tiger fans and fairness. Let's sink another 4 years of salary into this sub par coaching staff with nothing to show for it. New AD has failed in first hire. What a clown show we have in the Athletic Department.

1st black Head Coach in Clemson history?

Mar 29, 2013, 4:26 PM

Legit question & not trying to stir up the ignorance pot of some on here, but just wondering.

I saw bio of Carey Green & another guy that were much more impressive--don't know if it really matters with the state of the program.

At least the 5th.....

Mar 29, 2013, 4:28 PM

OP, the the former track coach, the former women's track coach, and the last womens coach Ms Coleman.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

DUH on me! OP obviously, but isn't Itoro U. Coleman Japanese***

Mar 29, 2013, 4:34 PM

Mar 29, 2013, 2:07 PM

as long as she is cheap I am fine with that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 29, 2013, 2:09 PM

Why didn't you say so? We could have hired GWP a long time ago. She's a cheap point ho.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a horrible hire.***

Mar 29, 2013, 2:14 PM

never made NCAAs at UAB***

Mar 29, 2013, 2:15 PM

So confused by this!!!***

Mar 29, 2013, 2:17 PM

Always do whatever's next. -cuda

Womens coach

Mar 29, 2013, 2:39 PM

What a joke! Overall losing record as a head coach. This is a disgrace to what used to be lady tiger basketball. So many legit coaches out there and we settle for this. Not a single male even interviewed. But we met our requirements. Administration doesn't give a rip about womens basketball or they would have hired a coach. Just do away with the program if you don't care!!!!

Re: Womens coach

Mar 29, 2013, 4:44 PM

You are completely right cutigers3. This is the 3rd time in 8 years we have hired for gender rather than performance. This AD just wants to be able to go to his conventions and be able to advertise diversity at Clemson. And in reality, it's the girls in the program that suffer losing seasons and poor leadership of their pathetic hires.

Re: Womens coach

Mar 29, 2013, 8:00 PM

It is sad that of all the candidates, this is the best we could do. Well I will certainly support and wish her and the Lady Tigers success. Jim Davis should never had been let go.

Mar 29, 2013, 3:11 PM

Some of ya'll really need to step back and assess WBB realistically. First of all, her record overall is .500 when you include this season. That includes 4 straight winning seasons including this season. Frankly, I'm surprised she would take the job considering WBB is the real dumpster fire of Clemson athletics. I'm not taking the time to look it up but I'm guessing we haven't had a winning season in 10 years. People aren't knocking down the door to coach Clemson BB, especially women's. Finally, go look at the best programs in WBB and find me more than a handful led by a man.

Mar 29, 2013, 4:50 PM

I think you're just speaking off the cuff and not according to reality. Men are scarce in WBB because there has been an emphasis on hiring women. This is a fact of life. So the fact that I can give you a handful of men who are successful in WBB is a testament to their success when given a chance. Auriema(UConn), Carey Green (Liberty - Won Big South Conf 12 of last 13 years), Wes Moore (UT Chat - Wins SoCon every year), Andy Landers (UGA - record speaks for itself). Men have been very successful in WBB but they are few and far between. And in our case, we deny them opportunities. Carey Green was Clemson's top asst coach from 1987-99.....go look back at those years, those were the glory days.

UAB? Reminds me of another hire

Mar 29, 2013, 3:35 PM

Reminds me of how excited I was when we hired Cristy McKinney from Rice...another exciting woman's basketball program. Remember when basketball at Clemson was kinda important fellow Tigers? I do...

Why did we bother replacing Coleman again?

Mar 29, 2013, 7:04 PM

We just made our hire in a row with no track record of the NCAA tournament... at least Coleman was a Clemson grad. The fact that we could not do better than this is sad.

That said, I support the Tigers regardless of who is the coach and I hope I am wrong about this. It just sounds a lot like the McKinney hire which was one of TDP's worst hires.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dawn Staley's former teammate. Interesting. Losing record at

Mar 29, 2013, 10:33 PM

UAB. I still think Coleman deserved another season seeing as are record was better than it had been. CM destroyed the program. Naturally it hit a wall during Coleman's tenure.

I'll reserve judgement, but it would seem this isn't a great pick up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic