Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball Support
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,186

Basketball Support

Mar 18, 2015, 9:19 PM

I wonder what our football program would be like if we had the same negative attitude about it that so many Clemson fans have about basketball. We have an excellent coach who inherited an awful situation, but has worked his tail off for this program. Besides what he was left with when Purnell bolted with no recruits, he has faced injuries and his best player leaving early. We play in the toughest league in the country and are located in a rural area where it is tough to draw big crowds for basketball. Schools like Creighton, Xavier, Dayton, and Wichita State play before 20,000 almost every game. They are in large metropolitan areas and don't have football teams. Get off the man's back. Get behind the program. Come to the games and support your team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good points & bet Coot BB would suffer more if in small town

Mar 18, 2015, 9:26 PM

GoTiGERS..keep RoCKing!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

big 10 beat acc last 3 yrs. in challenge***

Mar 18, 2015, 9:31 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: big 10 beat acc last 3 yrs. in challenge***

Mar 18, 2015, 9:36 PM

Good point, but I think ACC is probably stronger this year. We will find out in the next few weeks.

Re: Basketball Support

Mar 18, 2015, 9:44 PM

Is that you Brad?

He inherited a NCAA tournament

Mar 18, 2015, 9:44 PM

Team. Clemson had won more ACC games the three previous season than only UNC and Duke, he's first season was his best. Brownell plays a awful brand of basketball, almost unwatchable. I can't wait until he's gone.

Re: He inherited a NCAA tournament

Mar 18, 2015, 9:47 PM

Then don't watch and GO AWAY !!

Re: He inherited a NCAA tournament

Mar 18, 2015, 9:50 PM

I rarely do, but I'll be able to watch again in 2017/2018 after we have a new coach.

Brownell has the best ACC winning percentage in CU bball history.

Mar 18, 2015, 11:33 PM [ in reply to He inherited a NCAA tournament ]

So he's obviously doing something right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Clemson plays like the majority of teams are playing at this

Mar 18, 2015, 11:37 PM [ in reply to He inherited a NCAA tournament ]

time. Exceptions are the elite teams.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Basketball needs less fans like you***

Mar 18, 2015, 11:47 PM [ in reply to He inherited a NCAA tournament ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2015, 9:46 PM

Good post. Unfortunately some of the basketball ignorant folks on this board that think basketball should be run and gun NBA type chaos will continue to show their ignorance. I'm glad to see Coach Brownell is planning for the future and ignoring them.

Mar 18, 2015, 9:58 PM

Let's hope so, but there are so many out there that really don't understand the situation.

Just As Clueless***

Mar 18, 2015, 11:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Don't like NBA, but I would love some Davidson style!***

Mar 18, 2015, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Basketball Support ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clueless***

Mar 18, 2015, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Basketball Support ]

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Mar 18, 2015, 10:44 PM

Not only did he inherit an NCAA team, but he also inherited Georgia's Mr. Basketball and a fanabase that came out to watch its team. He hasn't maintained our success. He lost Purnell's recruit for the class. He has driven off the fanbase with his results and style of play.

KJ is a good player, but a team that returns 4 starters should finish better than 16-15.

Mar 18, 2015, 11:52 PM

I applaud your support for the team but I feel that this support can sometimes lead to coaches not feeling as much pressure as they should. Brad Brownell has done a mediocre job at Clemson and if we do not improve next year there is no reason that we shouldn't hire a new coach.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,186
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic