Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Love it...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,510

Love it...

Mar 13, 2015, 6:41 PM

I really think our backs (o-line too, another sorry) will be the difference in us running the table, carrying us to the CFP. As I do love them all, if I had to rank who I'd play (unless one or more back get hot) would have to be; Gallman, Brooks, Dye, and Choice. All will definitely play and rotate starts and playing time by opponent.
Just a short thought on each if those four, plus Fuller.
Brooks - experience, all around back, one cut 
power.
Gallman - love how hard he runs, no extra movement. I hope he's working hard in the off-season because he could be very very good.
Choice - (very high on him from high school) explosive, low center of gravity with agility, always falls forward. With hard work and experience he could be a stud in our stable.
Dye - my personal favorite of the backs. Big, fast, hard one cut and power through or around any linebacker or safety. If the injury bug doesn't bite, and he dedicates himself to the game, he WILL be great at Clemson and possibly a high draft pick and feature NFL back. 
---Now this is purely opinion, although I've seen a large amount of great players live, both college and high school.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love it...

Mar 13, 2015, 9:16 PM

And Fuller, hear good things. Liked his style of running in high school, should translate well. Put on weight and is supposedly faster, also has hands. We're deep at rb, not a bad problem right guys?

Based solely on this video mind you...

Mar 13, 2015, 9:41 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1447699&tstart=0

Gallman looks like an aggressive runner, but appears to still kinda run upright. I think he has no hesitation on choosing a hole and is quick enough to pick up some decent yardage. I think he'll be a great change of pace back.

Brooks still looks a little on the light side to me and seemed to be one of the slowest in the chute drill. I hope he continues to progress well but from the video alone, he looked like he was easily stuffed in some of those drills.

Dye looked aggressive and quick. He looks like your prototypical college back and definitely looked like lightening in the chute drill. I just hope he learns to pick the right hole as the video seemed to have him running in to the arms of the DL.

Fuller looks like a hoss. He looks quick and runs low. Haven't seen enough of him obviously to tell much else but Dabo seems to be very impressed with him. I know some will say this is coach speak, but I've heard others say this of Fuller before. I like his ceiling.

Choice seems like he also has a high ceiling and has a beefy frame to wrap some thick muscle around. I like what I saw of him last season and it looked like he was slowly going to take over the starting role. Some mention him RS, but I think he may be our 2nd maaaaybe our 3rd best back.

Again, all of this above is based on the above video and some of last seasons play. These guys could look totally different come game day. Also, I have no idea which one is better a pass blocking. This obviously makes a huge difference in who sees the most playing time...especially when you've got a diamond in Watson slinging it around. Needless to say, I think we have a wealth of talent, each with different strengths but good overall talent....

Then comes Feaster next year :) :) :) :) :)

Re: Based solely on this video mind you...

Mar 13, 2015, 10:34 PM

Great input. I really hope it's Dye starting but it'll shake itself out, I'm good with whoever coaches ride with.
And yesss, Feaster. I'm a Dorman grad so him being at Spartanburg doesn't please me but he's a stud, plan on going to see him this coming season every chance I get.

Re: Love it...

Mar 14, 2015, 12:05 AM

Can anyone else give opinions? Like to hear what others think.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,510
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic