Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OL Starters
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

OL Starters

Oct 1, 2018, 12:52 PM

With Anchrum struggling to recover from a rolled ankle, if he can't go this coming weekend will we see Pollard at right tackle again or does anyone think the coaches will try to get Carman ready to play opposite of Hyatt?

I think either player would do well but getting Carman ready to play the right side in game this weekend may have been tough but I think with a week to prepare he could really help the right side of the line this week.

It also fits with our coaches effort to get younger players ready to go when they can.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on what I saw at the end of the Syracuse game...

Oct 1, 2018, 1:09 PM

...and it was at the end vs. a gassed Syracuse team, I think the best line we have is to run:

LT-Hyatt (he has not shown much this year, but he is our best option there right now)
LG-Simpson (he has been solid for the most part this year)
C-Falcinelli (solid also so far this year)
RG-Cervenka (Sleeper OL this year)
RT-Pollard (If Achrum cant go, or rotated in as a co-start type)

Backups
LT- Achrum or Pollard
LG- Bockhorst, Cervenka
C- Cervenka
RG- Bockhorst (Stewart could play here, but I am not convinced he can hack it)
RT- Carman maybe Vinson

Either way, it seems our OL likes to smash-mouth, so I say let them run the football until they start putting 8-9 in the box, then TL or CB job will be a little easier with one-on-one coverage's on the outside. Somewhere Danny Ford is smiling...

I liked Cervanka and RG minus the false start! :)***

Oct 1, 2018, 1:12 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree that what we finished with worked well

Oct 1, 2018, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Based on what I saw at the end of the Syracuse game... ]

Carmen will most likely be a starter for this team at a tackle spot next season. So far I think he has only worked on the left side to make sure that he has it down.

I just wondered if the coaches will give him some time on the right side this week since we are down a man on that side.

Also Pollard has been playing at guard all season. Will Cervenka doing well there Saturday that may change but I wonder how Cervenka would do in passing situations at guard versus just running people over.

Re: Based on what I saw at the end of the Syracuse game...

Oct 1, 2018, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Based on what I saw at the end of the Syracuse game... ]

Hyatt graded out at 92% and was offensive lineman of the week for the second time in 4 games. What game were you watching?

Re: Based on what I saw at the end of the Syracuse game...

Oct 1, 2018, 2:14 PM

I was thinking the same, Hyatt is just consistently good....you have what you have with him. Simpson has been a significant upgrade at LG this year.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic