Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tomorrow, April 14, 2020 marks the Silver Anniversary . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Tomorrow, April 14, 2020 marks the Silver Anniversary . . .

Apr 13, 2020, 12:11 PM

of our Tigers largest comeback baseball victory . . .

"April 14, 1995 – The greatest comeback in Clemson history took place on this date, the first game of a three-game series at NC State. The Wolfpack had just scored three and six runs in the seventh and eighth innings, respectively, to take a 15-4 lead. The Tiger leadoff batter struck out to start the ninth inning. Clemson then got three straight hits and two walks. Seth Brizek hit into a fielder’s choice for the second out, as David Miller scored on the play to cut the deficit to 15-7. The next six Tiger batters all reached safely on hits, highlighted by Shane Monahan’s three-run homer that cut the Wolfpack lead to just two runs. After two more hits and a walk, Matthew LeCroy tied the score with a clutch double. The Tigers went on to win 17-15 in 10 innings. Clemson did so being down 11 runs on the road with no runners on base in the ninth inning and one out, and without the benefit of a Wolfpack error in the ninth."

It was Jack Leggett's second season at the helm.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

~8 mos. later, Unofficial Clemson Football Page was born...

Apr 13, 2020, 12:34 PM

Now TigerNet, we've learned over the years that singles are way mo better than home runs when making a comeback in baseball.

If you know that reference, then you belong. Ok, the rest of you as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good ol baseballfan...the infamous tnetter who went on to

Apr 13, 2020, 12:49 PM

such great accomplishments, like getting the shyatt beat out of him by the esteemed Mr. Plyler at a Clemson baseball game.

Which reminds me, when will Mr. Plyler return to do a Q&A blog again? I really miss his keen insight. If there is a more skilled rhetorician and wordsmith than Mr. Plyler, I've never seen him (or her).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Baseballfan, baseball fan, practiceguy was one of a kind...

Apr 13, 2020, 1:01 PM

unless you're counting scoks.

Dude tried to convince the world the how tos of maffing out E.R.A and of course, was wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseballfan, baseball fan, practiceguy was one of a kind...

Apr 13, 2020, 1:07 PM

how long since baseball sybil has been seen on here?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For a while I thought Stealin2nd was baseball fan's

Apr 13, 2020, 1:17 PM

newest scok...turns out he was just some guy who was wrong a lot so you can understand my confusion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Baseballfan, baseball fan, practiceguy was one of a kind...

Apr 13, 2020, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Baseballfan, baseball fan, practiceguy was one of a kind... ]

Top of the day to you dsp - That proverbial ice you’re skating on may be getting thin

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

And to you, gville. This has been board fodder for years...

Apr 13, 2020, 1:19 PM

and never considered outside the lines, so to speak.

It's America's pastime; seems prudent to be correct about it?

Re: And to you, gville. This has been board fodder for years...

Apr 13, 2020, 1:48 PM

I’ve been ‘round these parts long enough to know the vernacular, as well as the nomenclature.

Just my way of saying hello

You're one of the good ones, gville and between us...

Apr 13, 2020, 1:51 PM

my response was more for the power-that-be. Just poor little ole me, trying to keep the peaces.

Re: You're one of the good ones, gville and between us...

Apr 15, 2020, 8:48 AM

Thanks brother. Bourbon on your tab?

Re: Tomorrow, April 14, 2020 marks the Silver Anniversary . . .

Apr 13, 2020, 12:48 PM

Our baseball team would have won the World Series this year. We should get a half trophy!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Tomorrow, April 14, 2020 marks the Silver Anniversary . . .

Apr 13, 2020, 12:57 PM

I do indeed believe this was their year. Thanks Skeeta56...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic