Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bama vs Tennessee
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Bama vs Tennessee

Jan 9, 2016, 5:48 AM

Everyone seems to forget Bama escaped this game. Tennessee was with in scoring range 6 times and only managed 14pts and had 3 missed field goals. I'll say when talking about the OU game my friend (a Tennessee fan) picked Clemson by alot BC in his eyes Clemson is a grown better version of Tennessee, who lost to OU in the 4th. I totally forgot Tennessee should have beat Bama, but more to their inability to finish and lack of talent(kicker) than Bamas "vaunted" defense they fell just short.

Clemson is a much, much better version of Tennessee. Bama will not stop Clemson if they give Clemson 6 shots at scoring. Clemson will play for TDs not Fgs like Tennessee did. Butch Jones is way too conservative on his opponents side of the field. Clemson also has way more depth than Tennessee.

My friend picked Bama by a small amount BC he thinks Bama will try to injury Clemsons playmakers. He pointed out that Tennessee had to finish the game with 2 freshmen OL after injuries.

I thought these were interesting points and now I wonder how dirty does Bama play?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Anybody trying to intentionally injure will be cutting

Jan 9, 2016, 5:55 AM

their own career 'short'...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama vs Tennessee

Jan 9, 2016, 5:57 AM

I attended the UT vs OU game and UT does not have near the offensive weapons that Clemson has. I was surprised it was as close as it was. I expected OU to handle UT pretty easily, but OU did not play well either. OU won it because UT could not contain Mayfield. Clemson did a fine job of that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2016, 6:05 AM

Did it seem like Bama was gunning for injuries against y'all this year?

And yes me and my friend watched a few games together (Clemson and Tenn) we came to the conclusion both teams lack depth at LB, Tenn needs more talented depth on the DL but the starters are beasts, and the Tenn Secondary was young and mistake prone. Clemsons D has better depth and an experienced Secondary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 9, 2016, 6:05 AM

I watched that game as well and you can tell the bama players tried to hurt the tenn players by pulling on the back of their jerseys while talking in them and falling on their legs.

Did anyone forget any of our close games?***

Jan 9, 2016, 6:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did anyone forget any of our close games?***

Jan 9, 2016, 6:26 AM

No, that's the first thing people point to.

However the close games were against teams that ran a spread and had athletic Qbs that ran the read option well.

ND, Syracuse, Scar, and UNC. This is total yds taking out sack yardage.

ND- Kizer led the team with 55yds rushing
SCar- Nunez led with 75yds rushing
UNC- Williams led with 80 yds rushing.
Syracuse- Mahoney had 76 yds rushing the leading rusher had 4 yds more.

null

Re: Did anyone forget any of our close games?***

Jan 9, 2016, 6:27 AM

I meant not taking out sack yardage

null

UNLIKE Bama vs. Tenn, we weren't coming from behind

Jan 9, 2016, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Did anyone forget any of our close games?*** ]

late in the game against ANY of those teams....

Re: UNLIKE Bama vs. Tenn, we weren't coming from behind

Jan 9, 2016, 7:53 AM

Yes we were up 14-0 against Cuse 21-3 ND. Up 19 against Usuck and 18 against the heels. We have been dominant in every game we have played with the exception of maybe Louisville where special teams killed us and we cannot afford that because Bama does have the best return man in the nation IMO. Time to lock down and play our best ball and we don't even need that to win.

Jan 9, 2016, 8:00 AM

> Yes we were up 14-0 against Cuse 21-3 ND. Up 19
> against Usuck and 18 against the heels. We have been
> dominant in every game we have played with the
> exception of maybe Louisville where special teams
> killed us and we cannot afford that because Bama does
> have the best return man in the nation IMO. Time to
> lock down and play our best ball and we don't even
> need that to win.
Don,t even need to play our best?

A lot of big checks being written here lately

Jan 9, 2016, 8:03 AM

Dude DW is 10x the QB Coker is and you of all people being a Bama fan should know this. No we do not have to play to the best of our ability to win. If we play our A+ game we will score a TD on every drive. Our offense can only stop itself idc who is in front of it or how big it is. We have to many weapons and spread it out too much. No team is perfect so I doubt we play to the best of our abilities we will have adversity just have to overcome.

Jan 9, 2016, 8:05 AM

A TD on every drive

Ok

Jan 9, 2016, 8:08 AM

If we played our best. Which we will not. We will be stopped some because of play calling and execution yes. We will overcome tho. Our D is salty and DW makes the plays to win. No denying this.

Jan 9, 2016, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Re: UNLIKE Bama vs. Tenn, we weren't coming from behind ]

You will see come Mondah night just like the last 2 years! Bama is just a college football team that is pretty good. Not God. Not head and shoulders above the rest. DW will expose the D and our D will expose Henry and then Coker. DW is the real Heisman and anyone with eyes can see this. We are a much better team and partially because we have a much better leader at the most important position.

Jan 9, 2016, 8:08 AM

My experience here as a guest has been very pleasant, & I respect the hell out of Clemson fans.

But I got your name down in the book for after the game

Jan 9, 2016, 8:16 AM

Put it down buddy. I will be the happiest man alive. DW will not lose to Bama I promise. Your QB is not good enough to beat our D. Be logic man. Watch football and know what it is about. You can see the passion in our guys eyes. Bama looks like the are on the 9-5 shift. We have stopped far better QBs and just as good of RBs as Henry. I will give you Ridley is the best WR IMO we have faced but nothing Mac cannot handle. Just wait and see buddy.

Jan 9, 2016, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: UNLIKE Bama vs. Tenn, we weren't coming from behind ]

I'm just tired of all the crap I hear. We are the better team and get no respect.

Jan 9, 2016, 7:56 AM

We play physical, but not dirty. Pathetic

Jan 9, 2016, 7:59 AM

Yes people could say we are dirty after the OU game. Just hit hard people get hurt its football. Everyone has gone after DW knee and I expect no less it's a weakness but he has done a nice job protecting and will need to continue to do so. Get out of bounds and slide and he is great at both. You can't bring him down if you can barley touch him.

Jan 9, 2016, 7:59 AM

Barely*

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic