Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bama vs Oklahoma
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Bama vs Oklahoma

Dec 4, 2018, 2:10 PM

So this is more about OU. Their defense is at best, flat out terrible. But one thing is for sure that Kyler Murray is dynamic and reminds me a lot of Lamar Jackson but with the ability to throw the ball about as good as anyone in the country. Odds are outside of 1 or 2 of his receivers when he's on the field he's the fastest guy out there. OU's line believe it or not is not a push over and can handle their own against SEC pass rushers as shown last year. Alabama has struggled defensively at times in the secondary and lack depth in which OU is known to run their receivers downfield all game nearly every play which this issue could become quite apparent in the 2nd half and Kyler Murray and the OU offense is going to score no matter on whom. I do believe Alabama wins big because their offense is a top tier offense as well but against a very bad defense and OU is a top tier offense against a good defense and one of the greatest defensive minds and game planners/managers. If OU can somehow manage to get a few turnovers though this game could be a fight until the end. Moral of the story, Kyler Murray is the real deal and is the definition of a throwing QB that can run very well that has been a thorn in Saban's side (refer to DW4's 2 performances).

Side note: I have heard that OU has a receiver out and this is a big deal, hopefully both teams can be healthy and make it to the end of the season the same way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think OU wins by 20***

Dec 4, 2018, 2:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Know you’re joking, but think Bama controls the

Dec 4, 2018, 2:17 PM

ball, keeps Murray on the sideline and wins by 17.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joking? No. Using hyperbole? Yes.

Dec 4, 2018, 2:39 PM

I think OU wins this game, obviously not by 20, it will be close. OU's defense has had its struggles but it has also really progressed in the 2nd half of the season. They also have the offense to outscore Bama in a shootout, so their defense only needs to make a couple big plays. Just my opinion, which may prove to be very, very wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Joking? No. Using hyperbole? Yes.

Dec 5, 2018, 8:02 AM

GWPTiger® said:

OU's defense has had its struggles but it has also really progressed in the 2nd half of the season. .

That offense gives them a chance vs any team in the country. But their defense has NOT progressed. It's been a huge point of contention that they've gotten even worse since firing Stoops after the Texas game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They've been making plays

Dec 5, 2018, 8:29 AM

2 defensive TDs against WVU, sacked Grier 3 times. Had an INT and 3 sacks against Texas. The head scratcher for me was the Kansas game, there was definite regression in that one.

But it doesn't take away from the fact that OU will beat Bama.

What about the O/U?

Dec 4, 2018, 2:19 PM [ in reply to I think OU wins by 20*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Haven't even seen what the O/U is but I'll take the over***

Dec 4, 2018, 2:40 PM

O/U is 79.5...***

Dec 4, 2018, 3:03 PM

I'll take the over, but I'm guessing it will go down***

Dec 4, 2018, 3:08 PM

Vegas implied score of 47-33

Dec 4, 2018, 3:27 PM

So vegas thinks OU can put up ~5 TDs on Bama's D.

I think it's possible. It took UGA one half and some change to put up 4 TDs.

Re: Bama vs Oklahoma

Dec 4, 2018, 2:30 PM

Terrible... that might be a bit strong. They are better than what they are normally given credit for but yeah, it is a week spot.

OU's defense is 'slightly less than average' is a league that focuses on dueling QBs and putting up 50+ points. They really are not that bad but you also have to consider that the B12 has 4 out of the 12/16 top offenses and the end of the OU schedule featured them last (OSU UWV, TT. Heck, barely .500 teams are in the top mark in offense in that league. The only real odd-ball that scored against OU was Kansas. Then again, when you are posting 50 points every game, how motivated is the D to keep it under 30? They are not Michigan that needs to keep folks under 21 because they can only score 24.

It is one of those odd questions... is the defense that bad or competing offenses that good. And the inverse is true for the SEC and their defense. I think it is the case of an average D with an explosive offense in a league that values points.

I really think OU is going to score often against Bama... but Bama is going to put up points.

Dec 4, 2018, 2:42 PM

Only 4 defenses are worse and they have to stop defenses typically as most of their games are not blowouts in the beginning. Plus every defense takes pride in playing well no matter who you are or else you have no business calling yourself elite.

i think Oklahoma wins

Dec 4, 2018, 2:35 PM

38-34

Dec 4, 2018, 2:58 PM

OU's D is ranked #91...and I don't buy the story of the conference they play in, etc. and that they're better than that. It's the same situation we saw during Oregon's hay day...they play against this fast paced spread all day in practice and in conference play but they're really not that bad. No, they're terrible. Their DBs are way undersized and aren't coached well, period. OU had a decent showing against UGA last year until UGA woke up...but like Oregon of yesteryear, they ain't going to matchup well against Bama. They'll get a few big scores from coverage breakdown, early offensive wrinkles, and Murray getting out of the pocket and making something happen, but aside from that it won't even be close. Tua will have all day long to throw the ball, Bama will run at will, and Bama's big WRs will own OU's DBs all night long.

42-17 Bama

Dec 4, 2018, 2:59 PM

Side note: Army played both OU and Duke, and the Army coach said Duke's D was light years better than OUs. Nuff said.

Stop da madness

Dec 4, 2018, 3:12 PM

Every1 said michogan had the top defense in thecountry.osu dropped 60.

Different teams, different conferences, different offenses.

OU and their cappy D did just fine against the SEC champs D with nfl talent last year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Stop da madness

Dec 4, 2018, 3:22 PM

Indeed, but after further review (before the UM/OSU game) many analysts pointed out that UM having the #1 D was likely a little skewed because of the teams and type of play they'd played...and that OSU would have a good chance of exposing the UM secondary, and just would have better skill people across the field that UM really hadn't seen or played all year. Which turned out to be obvious...so I'd say their #1 ranking in D was simply a result of playing running teams that weren't ever going to put up a lot of points or yards on them.

It should be an interesting game, OU/Bama, I just don't see OU being able to handle Bama for 4 qrtrs...the Big12 is just horrible. Watching that WVU/OU game was embarrassing.

The last half of your post literally

Dec 4, 2018, 3:41 PM

Looks the same as this time last year.

The mighty SEC champs were going to dominate those big12 posers.

OU had never seen a Real sec defense loaded with nfl talent. They would shut Down OU's high powered offense.

No way OU's cappy defense was going to stop chubb, michele, and Fronn.

Same story , different year.

Message was edited by: GeeVille Tiger

Message was edited by: GeeVille Tiger

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Stop da madness

Dec 4, 2018, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Stop da madness ]

They gave up 530 yards 54 points and lost. So idk how I'd say they did just fine.. But the offense was able to do well.

Yrs..that dominating SEC team sure did put a whooping

Dec 5, 2018, 7:33 AM

On that weak, no defense Big12 team.

Beat them by 2 whole field goals. Not1, but 2.
.it was a massacre of biblical proportions.

Proved to the whole world that Oklahoma was a fraud and couldn't hang with no sec champ.

Dec 4, 2018, 3:13 PM

I like the matchup of OU offensive line vs Bama D line

Dec 4, 2018, 3:38 PM

Yes, their OLine is quite under rated.

Dec 4, 2018, 3:50 PM

I think OU hangs with Bama. The winner of the game is the one that finishes with the most points. I know what all has been said about OU defense-and Bama will score. OU offense puts an awful lot of pressure on the defense as well as the offense. It'll be interesting to see if Bama can stay with them cause OU will get their points. They will stress both sides of the ball for Bama-the first time Bama doesn't score on offense, they may be behind. I know they all say defense wins, but in this case I think the offense will win this one.

This is a tough game in my opinion.

Dec 4, 2018, 4:36 PM

Murray is exactly the kind of QB that gives Bama problems. That and the fast tempo they play with, will be an enormous test for Bama. Murray has looked like the best QB in the country to me. Electric speed, can read the D, and usually makes good decisions as to where to throw the ball.

Bama will surely try to slow the game down and might not meet much resistance in doing that. Slower pace has me leaning toward OU plus the points and the under.

Dec 4, 2018, 7:15 PM

I'm not betting against Nick Saban with 3+ weeks to game plan. OU will score some points but their defense will not be able to slow down Bama's O enough to win. Keep in mind that OU will have to game plan for both Jalen and Tua.

48-31 Bama

How many cheap shots will Alabama defenders take on Murray?

Dec 4, 2018, 7:21 PM

Late hits out of bounds and spears. You know they will do it.

Last post in the thread to bring up an important point...

Dec 5, 2018, 4:27 AM

Maybe OU has a 'goon squad' to retaliate appropriately. Let them have at it. The less thugs, the better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of them.***

Dec 5, 2018, 4:40 AM [ in reply to How many cheap shots will Alabama defenders take on Murray? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 4:36 AM

Its really all up to the Sooner defense in my opinion . Can they get stops , force punts ? Can they hold Bama below 40 pts ?
If they do all of those things , I think their offense can score on Saban's defense .. which is not his best by a longshot .
I'd take the over , because I think BOTH defenses are overmatched in this game .
Problem I see for OU is they'll need to score on nearly every possession to win .

I like Bama 45-37

DB23

I think it will be about 45-35 Tide.***

Dec 5, 2018, 7:37 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic