Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bama runs roughshod over the SEC as much or more
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Bama runs roughshod over the SEC as much or more

Jun 25, 2019, 5:57 PM

than Clemson does over the ACC. So all Bama had to do to prove the point that their blowouts were much more difficult than Clemson's was to simply beat Clemson, let alone blow Clemson out. All Bama had to do to make sense of the SEC gauntlet narrative was beat Clemson in Santa Clara. Guess what happened?

The biggest margin of defeat in the five year history of the CFP National Championship Game. That's the record and prize Bama holds for believing their conference affiliation and name on jersey would take care of things. You would think they would learn something for a beating like that, but they seem to have had more of a grip on reality the very day after the embarrassment than they do now.

44-16, the biggest point differential in college football playoff national title game history. I hope is stands for decades.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama runs roughshod over the SEC as much or more

Jun 25, 2019, 6:02 PM

Top to Bottom it is a better league, there is just no arguing against it and the last 15 or so NFL drafts agree. However top to bottom Clemson was the superior team. The difference is when Clemson gets a lead, it plays the 2nd and 3rd string depth, serving two purposes. 1. Getting guys ready for when their name gets called, see Niles Pinkney. 2. Our players are not as banged up down the stretch. ETN had fresh legs all year, and Ross was playing his best ball when it mattered. I am sure it is only a matter of time before other playoff caliber teams start to copy this strategy, I mean it only makes complete sense if you are going to play 15 games.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nailed it, Balm

Jun 25, 2019, 7:02 PM

I don’t think there’s any argument the SEC is the tougher conference top to bottom right now. They’ve also done a much better job at running a highly effective propaganda machine (SEC network) where the whole country is convinced they’re a murderer’s row.

All of that can be true and Clemson still be a better team than Bama and you made a good point about all the subs. That doesn’t help the advanced stat profile but it brings young guys along quickly, saves the vets’ legs, and builds trust in the young guys from the coaching staff.

It should be the strategy of every team that can afford to do it and there’s really only a handful.

Re: Nailed it, Balm

Jun 25, 2019, 7:22 PM

Truff ya'll. Be real surprised if Bammer and more teams don't pick up on that fact and develop their talent a little better for the long run. We'll still beat them of course, but they gonna try to keep from getting so dog-tired and wore out!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2019, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Bama runs roughshod over the SEC as much or more ]

Now, you know Nicky will never "copycat" Dabo's game plan like that!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2019, 7:51 PM

And that's the genius of Dabo. To coach up your players to the three deep requires extreme organization of practices and a detailed knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of each player. But that's only possible with an established, dedicated coaching staff and top notch facilities. Alabama's swinging door coaching staff can't duplicate Clemson's strategy. Can't think of any other teams that have the coaching continuity and facilities that can.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic