Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bama looks better this year.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Bama looks better this year.

Sep 1, 2018, 9:58 PM

I don’t see them have much competition until maybe the playoffs. They finally have a QB that matches the rest of their team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama looks better this year.

Sep 1, 2018, 9:59 PM

I think there is a real chance they don't lose a single game while Tua is there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2018, 10:01 PM

Certainly possible. We would play them real close but it would be really tough to beat them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Especially if we insist on continuing the same offensive scheme.***

Sep 1, 2018, 10:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

wrs and dbs have been impressive***

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wrs and dbs have been impressive***

Sep 1, 2018, 10:08 PM

Yep. It’s just something about watching bama that you can tell they’re just that crisp. Then again, they don’t have any “projects “. They’re wr get separated so much. The DB’s are excellent- stick like glue. It’s not like Louisville is Furman. Sadly it’s just a different level.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wrs and dbs have been impressive***

Sep 1, 2018, 10:26 PM

In my mind’s eye Bama is the Ivan Drago to Clemson’s Rocky.

Their whole culture and style just seem akin to that sort of robotic superstrength. Like Saban just hardwired the whole team. Compared to Clemson and Dabo that seem to just have so much heart it’s coming out of their ears (while also being immensely talented obviously).

Steroids.***

Sep 1, 2018, 10:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does that make UGA= Apollo Creed***

Sep 2, 2018, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: wrs and dbs have been impressive*** ]

Guys their playing Louisville

Don’t forget this team really is on a downfall.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guys their playing Louisville

Sep 1, 2018, 10:03 PM

You’re right but they look really sharp. I’m not sure anyone has the talent to beat them other than us. It’s truly a 2 horse race.

Re: Guys their playing Louisville

Sep 1, 2018, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Guys their playing Louisville ]

and cussing every breath Bobby Pinto

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

They are still making Louisville look like Furman

Sep 1, 2018, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Guys their playing Louisville ]

You know Bama is always going to have a top 5 defense under Saban (usually #1) and now they appear to have the offense to go with it.

They are playing Petrino's worst UofL team

Sep 1, 2018, 10:04 PM

Sure the QB is the best Saban's had, but the rest of the team good,but not as good as they were.

Re: They are playing Petrino's worst UofL team

Sep 1, 2018, 10:07 PM

Where are they not as good? I don’t see many flaws. All I have heard is their secondary was not very good. Looked pretty good to me.

Re: They are playing Petrino's worst UofL team

Sep 1, 2018, 10:10 PM [ in reply to They are playing Petrino's worst UofL team ]

UL still has the same group of junior college and prison work release talent, and Petrino still knows what he's doing with those guys, but they aren't even a speed bump in this game.

Oh really?***

Sep 1, 2018, 11:00 PM [ in reply to They are playing Petrino's worst UofL team ]

Sep 1, 2018, 10:10 PM

Every year Saban's team decapitates a mediocre team on a neutral field and people have the same over reaction. Yes they'll be a playoff team, but don't over blow it.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Sep 1, 2018, 10:14 PM

Yes, but there's no denying Tua is different. And at least half of these years hasn't Bama won the NC?

We barely beat Bama with their worst QB of the Saban era and our best player of all time. Now Saban has his best QB. And I don't see any drop-off anywhere else.

Sep 2, 2018, 9:59 AM

Do y’all remember what we made UL look like last year even when they had Lamar Jackson???? Calm down everybody, UL is BAAAAAAD this year and Bama is still Bama, but their Dline is not as good as last years, neither are the LBs. Their secondary however somehow upgraded.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2018, 10:11 PM

Bama is playing exactly like I expected to play. Hope they do what they did with Ole Miss last year. Louisville should've known better than to talk all that trash

Sep 1, 2018, 10:11 PM

Funny, because I’m watching the same game and think they’re not as good. I really hope we meet them in the playoffs again.

Sep 1, 2018, 10:22 PM

Not as good? Tua is light years better than Hurts and I certainly don’t see drop off anywhere else.

Go get some glasses***

Sep 1, 2018, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Bama looks better this year. ]

Re: Go get some glasses***

Sep 1, 2018, 11:11 PM

44-7 in the 3rd and you think they are not as good. Wishful thinking.

Sep 1, 2018, 10:12 PM

Someone will get them! I think Tua gunslinger mentality and secondary will catch up to them.

Sep 1, 2018, 10:18 PM

They look different for sure. It will be some time before we really know if they are better. They also have the advantage of getting away with questionable calls.

Sep 1, 2018, 10:24 PM

***this***
Refs use Bama DBs as the standard for "allowing physical play"

...when Bama is on D.***

Sep 1, 2018, 10:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Louisville by far had their best team two years ago

Sep 1, 2018, 10:25 PM

Re: Louisville by far had their best team two years ago

Sep 1, 2018, 10:57 PM

Agree. Especially at home.

Clemson OL better get a lot better***

Sep 1, 2018, 11:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2018, 11:51 PM

Honestly all you guys sound like straight up losers. Sick of the Alabama love fest from every single fan base, everyone loves bama except Auburn and this guy right here. Two years ago no Clemson fan was talking like this, we weren't afraid of bama now all of you is making Clemson folks look bad. Bama can be beat and we're the team to beat them... Quit sounding like losers

Admitting Bama is elite isn't the same as "loving" them

Sep 2, 2018, 12:48 AM

Anyone that doesn't admit that Bama is the team to beat every year is just lying to themselves. That doesn't mean that we can't beat them, but it would require is playing a great game. There certainly aren't more than 2 or 3 teams that could possibly beat them in a game when Saban has more than a week to prepare.

Re: Admitting Bama is elite isn't the same as "loving" them

Sep 2, 2018, 9:27 AM

Not once did I say they weren't elite bc obviously they are. Just sick of this love fest for Bama. I see it in fourms everyday, from FB to Tigernet... Everyone sucking up on Alabama and acting like they can't beat... Clemson fans shouldn't be talking like this, loser mentality

Re: Admitting Bama is elite isn't the same as "loving" them

Sep 2, 2018, 10:32 AM

No you are the one with the loser mentality. We talk about a lot of teams here and say how it is. Guess what BAMA is #### good and will always be as long as Saban is there. Stop being so insecure that you can't stand to hear an unbiased opinion about another team.

There's a lot of season ahead and anything can happen. I'm confident that clemson will be right there with them at the end of the year.

I think most of us see the obvious.

Sep 2, 2018, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Bama looks better this year. ]

And that is, if our coaches are stubborn and insist on continuing the read option with Kelly Bryant, we won’t beat Alabama. We have seen that movie before.

It’s one thing to play well enough on offense to beat most teams on our schedule, but another thing altogether to beat the Alabamas of the world.

We obviously have a few months to figure it out, but hopefully we will improve a lot - especially on offense - by then.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

It’s still early, but their O line is not very good.***

Sep 2, 2018, 7:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: It’s still early, but their O line is not very good.***

Sep 2, 2018, 10:30 AM

Would have to agree. How many times did they barely avoid a TFL? Sometimes they got away from several on a single play. I think some real pressure at the LOS will severely disrupt their game plan; if only we had some skilled veteran players that could do just that....

Re: Actually, I disagree.

Sep 2, 2018, 9:52 AM

Their secondary isn't as strong as last year. And their running game isn't what it was.

Tua is a difference maker. Bama with an elite QB is a scary prospect.

Screw Calford.

I think their running game will be just as good

Sep 2, 2018, 11:15 AM

Their OL looked slightly shaky at times last night, but Tua has Deshaun Watson level elusiveness in the pocket so Louisville never really affected him with that pressure and Bama still managed to run for 222 yards at 5.3 YPC. That's not elite but it's pretty dang good. And i would be willing to bet a pretty good sum of money that Saban gets that OL playing better as the season progresses. They have a very good OL every year.. I'll believe this year is different when i see it.

And the defense will be fine. They might end up being a tad worse than last year (they were #1 again last year) but Saban fields a top 5 defense every year. Petrino is pretty good at scheming in the passing game and Bama was breaking in a lot of new guys in the secondary last night. Pass averaged 6.6 YPA with 2 TDs and 2 INTs. That's pretty solid against Bama but 6.6 YPA is below average in general. Bama's secondary probably won't be as good as last year's group, but they will definitely improve over the course of the year and you can almost certainly count on them being a very strong unit by playoff time.

Just my opinion but i think you can always count on getting an elite defense and a very, very good running game with Bama. The one thing you also typically count on is average QB play. That's the one thing has changed this year. They no longer have an average QB.. they now have an elite game-breaking QB that was already the Heisman co-favorite going into week 1 despite not even being named the starter. Look for him to be the runaway favorite when the new Heisman odds come out later this week.

Never want to play Bama when they are fresh and have

Sep 2, 2018, 9:52 AM

Multiple weeks to prepare. 1st game of season and 1st game of playoffs they are almost unbeatable.

Saban with at least 2 weeks to prepare at Bama

Sep 2, 2018, 11:01 AM

I know it feels like Saban is practically unbeatable in these situations, but i thought i would look it up and see if there's actual substance behind that or if it's more a myth.

Saban is...

12-0 in season openers (typically against pretty solid competition)
10-4 after bye weeks* (3 losses to LSU and 1 at Ole Miss)
6-1 in BCS title games / playoff semifinals
2-2 in other bowl games

30-7 overall which is good for an 81% winning percentage. His overall record at Bama is 133-20 (87%). Granted the level of competition has been tougher in these games so the record is a little skewed, but he's not exactly invincible with time to prepare.

*Interesting that while researching this i noticed that Bama gets a bye week before many of their toughest SEC games every year. Since 2007 they have gotten a bye before the LSU game 9 out of 11 years, and also byes before the Auburn game in 2008, Missouri in 2012 (OK this one doesn't fit the bill), the big A&M game in 2013, and the Ole Miss game in 2014 when Ole Miss was actually good. And of course starting in 2009 they always play an FCS team the week before Auburn essentially giving them a bye before that game as well. That's pretty nice for Bama... and also probably why Saban's record is "only" 10-4 coming off bye weeks since those are typically some of their toughest regular season games of the year.

"Bad" Louisville got through the OL several times

Sep 2, 2018, 11:46 AM

and gave Tua some problems.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic