Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bama fan here, with a question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Bama fan here, with a question

Dec 29, 2017, 11:05 AM

Congratulations first of all on returning to the playoff. Looks like we could be headed for another great game.

My question is, how do you expect Clemson to be represented in New Orleans? Some of the local guys here from Alabama that are in New Orleans covering the game say they are thinking Alabama will have a crowd advantage. I know when we played Ohio State and I think 2014, I was shocked at how many Ohio State fans were in the dome.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My guess...

Dec 29, 2017, 11:08 AM

60/40

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My guess...

Dec 29, 2017, 11:11 AM

Which team is closer to NO ? Geez.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My guess...

Dec 29, 2017, 11:46 AM

Well Alabama I think it's closer than Ohio, yet Ohio State fans outnumbered Us in 2014

I don't think proximity has that much to do with it ...

Dec 29, 2017, 11:54 AM

Travel-wise, heading to New Orleans is considerably easier trip for a Clemson area fan than heading for Miami. It's about the same as driving down to Orlando.

The fact is that there are just more total Alabama fans (alums and bandwagon) than their are Clemson fans.

Plus ... remember ... Clemson fans have had the time and expense of a conference championship game prior to The Sugar Bowl that Bama fans avoided this year.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama fan here, with a question

Dec 29, 2017, 11:14 AM

I would expect BAMA to have more fans due to proximity to N. Or leans but Clemson fans travel well. My guess is 60/40 BAMA.

You forgot bandwagon Bama fans. They have their Duke and UNC

Dec 29, 2017, 11:18 AM

basketball jerseys packed for the trip to NO.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, 60/40 Bama/Clemson is probably as good

Dec 29, 2017, 11:22 AM

as we could expect for this one, given the proximity to NO of both campuses and the alumni base. I wouldn’t be shocked if it was even a bit more of a Bama advantage.

Ohio State has a huuuuge alumni base. They should be a presence in any meaningful bowl game.

null

Idk, but one thing's for sure, Clemson will have WAY more...

Dec 29, 2017, 11:24 AM

in Atlanta on the 8th after the Tigers Roll the Tide this Monday.

Oh, and welcome to Tiger Bored[s].

Go Tigers.

[Also, Tuscaloser is right 'round the corner from NOLA.]

Yes, Tigers will beat you all easily this year.

Dec 29, 2017, 11:27 AM

HTH that helps

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you counting all the dirt peckers?***

Dec 29, 2017, 11:28 AM

Dec 29, 2017, 11:41 AM

Bama should have the home field advantage only due to proximity of the game. Hoping for a clean injury free game this year. My gut says Clemson by 10+ in the Big Easy. The Tiger DL is just NASTY this year!

If you thought the Auburn defense was something, just wait until January 1st.

GO TIGERS!

Dec 29, 2017, 11:58 AM

In Tampa last year what was it? Looked 50/50 on tv. I would expect it to be about the same as that. Tho Clemson fans probably came out more being it was the Natty. We represent well just about anywhere though. I look to see a lot if orange in the stands. I hope it is 50/50.

Dec 29, 2017, 12:07 PM

Ohio State has a huge alumni base. They have 35000 students or thereabouts any given year. When we played them in the Obowl the year before they beat Bama in the semis the count was about even, maybe slightly favoring the Bucks. Had some beers with a Buck in the parking lot, he told me they had literally thousands of alums in FL. Bama also has an enrollment of around 13000 more than Clemson. That said, I expect the Tigs will be well represented.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic