Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bagley family (Duke) Received Money From Nike (link)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Bagley family (Duke) Received Money From Nike (link)

Mar 28, 2018, 10:19 PM

makes one wonder if every AAU team is taking money from shoe companies (if they have talent)

http://usatodayhss.com/2018/marvin-bagley-family-benefits-nike-investigation

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Besides an NCAA violation not sure

Mar 28, 2018, 10:27 PM

Why the FBI cares and how that is even close to a crime

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Besides an NCAA violation not sure

Mar 29, 2018, 8:22 AM

I think it may have a little something to do with this thing the FBI refers to as tax evasion. We ain't talking about chump change here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why else do you think these volunteer AAU coaches...

Mar 28, 2018, 10:31 PM

stick with the programs for so long.

It ain't because they enjoy coaching and developing young talent.

Bottom line; it's a money making machine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Seems as though we have our own problems right now

Mar 28, 2018, 11:15 PM

armed burglary trumps dad getting a Nike job

How is that our problem?***

Mar 28, 2018, 11:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Lol

Mar 28, 2018, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Seems as though we have our own problems right now ]

What? How is that our problem?

And even if it was, what does that have anything to do with this?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully, Duke is punished by NCAA??? Zion??***

Mar 29, 2018, 12:27 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bagley family (Duke) Received Money From Nike (link)

Mar 29, 2018, 3:45 AM

This investigation makes me wonder youth and college sports is on the verge on imploding, and could bring on major changes for all youth and college sports. I love coaching kids and I focus on the kids having FUN and try to teach them basic soccer skills. I have one kid with exceptional talent. The rest are pretty equal as far as talent. But I say at 10 let the kids have fun. That should be the most

I help my daughter coach 10 year old girls in AYSO soccer. I have parents asking me if I see enough talent in their daughters to consider college scholarships. It’s crazy. I have several families with kids in travel baseball at age 8 and other older kids playing soccer or some other sport.

I think this is a major contributor as to why couples are getting divorced. The husband and wife are always heading in different directions with the kids. When the kids get older the couple has lost all that time of growing together and have drifted apart. Many don’t even realize it until it’s to late.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2018, 3:48 AM

This investigation makes me wonder youth and college sports is on the verge on imploding, and could bring on major changes for all youth and college sports. I love coaching kids and I focus on the kids having FUN and try to teach them basic soccer skills. I have one kid with exceptional talent. The rest are pretty equal as far as talent. But I say at 10 let the kids have fun. That should be the most be the highest priority at that age.

I help my daughter coach 10 year old girls in AYSO soccer. I have parents asking me if I see enough talent in their daughters to consider college scholarships. It’s crazy. I have several families with kids in travel baseball at age 8 and other older kids playing soccer or some other sport.

I think this is a major contributor as to why couples are getting divorced. The husband and wife are always heading in different directions with the kids. When the kids get older the couple has lost all that time of growing together and have drifted apart. Many don’t even realize it until it’s to late.

Youth sports is even focusing on the $$$$! And that is sad!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2018, 4:37 AM

I wonder when this would have come out if Dook was in the final four. Looks like they are going to have to vacate their ACC second place trophy.

playing devil's advocate

Mar 29, 2018, 8:17 AM

(no pun intended)

where is the NCAA violation?

if Marvin III didn't take money or un-allowable gear, how id Dook going to be in trouble with the NCAA?

sure it looks shady, but illegal? or an NCAA violation?

read the longer article

Mar 29, 2018, 8:26 AM

from the Oregonian:

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/page/the_loyalty_game.html

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic