Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2019 Trevor Lawrence = 2016 Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

2019 Trevor Lawrence = 2016 Watson

Sep 16, 2019, 7:11 AM

They are/were too confident and throw a bunch of unnecessary interceptions. I think the biggest difference this year is the league as a whole is a lot worse than it was 3 years ago so the mistakes won't cost us like the Pitt game.

Won the natty that year so I'm not worried. By December this offense will be unstoppable.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2019 Trevor Lawrence = 2016 Watson

Sep 16, 2019, 7:27 AM

So glad you could clear that up for us.
I was beginning to think we might need to trade for that Helsinki kid down in COOTLUMBIA.

Bad weekend leftie?

Sep 16, 2019, 7:34 AM

jk

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Bad weekend leftie?

Sep 16, 2019, 7:39 AM

Other than it being a Friday the 13th, not really but why do people think they have to pretend to be armchair quarterbacks?
What happened in 2016 has no bearing on what has, or will happen this year.

I was contemplating this exact thing on Saturday night

Sep 16, 2019, 9:36 AM

and there does seem to be a lot of similarities between the start of the '16 season and this season as far as the QB play. The other post by Quozzel goes into some detail on TL being asked to do new things, and this may have been the case for DW4 too in '16, which could be part of it.

Also, maybe it's been mentioned already but if not everyone thought DW4 gained too much muscle in the off season before the '16 season, and TL has some pretty big guns this year. So maybe that's part of the issue?

Re: 2019 Trevor Lawrence = 2016 Watson

Sep 16, 2019, 9:38 AM

The biggest difference is that the sum of the parts around Trevor is much better than what Deshaun had.

We were very much a Deshaun run team that season. The defense played well at times and struggled at other times.

Honestly there isn't much difference in a Lamar Jackson Louisville and a Kellen Mond A&M team.

The difference is that our defense is much better. Most importantly it is much deeper.

If Trevor struggles, we have ETN and the reverse is true as well.

If they both struggle, then we have a defense who has protected them and then some to this point in the season.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic