Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bad situation in Broward County, Florida
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Bad situation in Broward County, Florida

Feb 14, 2018, 4:01 PM

According to Sen. Bill Nelson, "many" people have been killed at a local high school. Shooter is in custody.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bad situation in Broward County, Florida

Feb 14, 2018, 4:38 PM

This was a fellow student as I understand it. Did the parents not see any warning signs ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2018, 5:30 PM

This was a 22-year-old former student.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2018, 6:15 PM

18 years old.
At least 16 dead.
Shooter is being processed.
I'm glad he was taken alive.
Make him SUFFER!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2018, 6:31 PM

Possibly 18

Feb 14, 2018, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Bad situation in Broward County, Florida ]

Unless he can make a successful insanity defense, he will be executed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2018, 4:43 PM

And of course the Olympics coverage is stopped for the media to pounce on the friends and family of the victims.

We’d probably see a lot less of these if this didn’t happen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Social Media

Feb 14, 2018, 5:14 PM

is a curse to our youth!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Feb 14, 2018, 6:23 PM

Bad is a terrible understatement in these things . Dispicable. Unfathomable. Heinous .
When do we say that enough is enough ? I am a gun owner . I have no issue with an assault weapons ban .
If it only saved one life by doing so I would support it .
The argument for keeping them has a body count , and it's rising almost daily .
Not soldiers , not police officers or gang members .. children .
Our children .
When ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 14, 2018, 6:48 PM

Common in our schools is cocaine, marijuana, meth etc.....all illegal. We have entire government agencies dedicated to eradicating these drugs from existence. Still, they're as common as can be. We will not stop mass violence like this by outlawing firearms or other weapons used for violent acts.

Feb 14, 2018, 6:58 PM

Well , WE will never know unless we try it .
What I do know is that the allowances and concessions don't do a single thing to stop it from happening as evidenced by the escalation in occurrences .
Drugs , violence on TV , crazy people walking the street ...all are there . With the assault weapons available to them .
So taking away that type of weaponry wouldn't work ? Not sure I follow the logic .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 14, 2018, 8:54 PM

The logic is making something illegal only keeps law abiding citizens from having or using it. Getting illegal guns is easier than getting illegal drugs. Because drugs are one of the main focuses of law enforcement. I believe if the news organizations would stop making these people famous it would go much farther than any law. People become instantly famous. And people who have this kind of evil in them only care about being a focal point. A ban on assault rifles may help but only in cases where the event is not planned. Our country has forgotten how to love. People care more about winning arguments than being right. People see hate in everything. If people would just treat each other with love and respect we would not have things like this. I feel so terribly for all involved and they are in my prayers.

Correct.

Feb 14, 2018, 9:02 PM

nm

Feb 16, 2018, 5:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Bad situation in Broward County, Florida ]

The lie about " if you take away guns from law abiding citizens then only criminals will have guns " has been debunked in countries like Australia , Japan , UK ...etc . It's clear that gun control works and whether or not you believe it doesn't matter , to deny it is to deny fact .
Thoughts and prayers though ...oh lord yes thoughts and prayers . Maybe an overlay of the Florida state flag on your Facebook page for a few days .

Means Nothing . Less than nothing .

DB23

Feb 16, 2018, 5:50 PM

It’s worked well in everything else our government has tried to stop. Prohibition and the drug trade are definite proof of that.

Message was edited by: jeancooper®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Feb 16, 2018, 6:02 PM

Prohibition was repealed because of lost revenue . Doesn't really make the same comparison .
The drug trade . I am glad you put it that way because that is precisely what it is . The US government not only has NEVER tried to stop drugs from entering our country , in many cases and on a very large scale ... it facilitates it .
Alcohol and Recreational drugs are for everyone to enjoy , unlike high capacity troop killer assault weapons .

DB23

Feb 16, 2018, 6:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Bad situation in Broward County, Florida ]

Also , the gun control will only deal with weapons of mass murder . The hysteria I see from " 2nd Amendmenites " is that the Government will take away all guns .
Which of course isn't true , and isn't logistically possible in a country like the USA . Too many .
Since 1960 there have been more gun deaths in the United States than in ALL of our wars combined .
Most of them are attributable to domestic violence , suicide and accidental shootings .
We have a gun problem and have for a very long time .
It's time to stop bullsh###ing ourselves and put real change into action .

If this latest mass killing were a terrorist action we would lose our minds . If this latest mass killing isn't considered a terrorist action then we have indeed ... lost our minds .

DB23

Feb 16, 2018, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Bad situation in Broward County, Florida ]

What exactly do you classify as an assault weapon. That pretty rifle the kid used with all of that plastic making it look bad. You know AR is the manufacturer not indicating assault rifle

Feb 14, 2018, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Bad situation in Broward County, Florida ]

I believe in our right of having fire arms, but we don't have a right to own fire arms that were made for military use to protect our country in a war. When they are sold to private citizens, It only allows us to make war against our own people that are mostly unarmed. Take them out of our citizens hands and only allow our soldiers to possess weapons made for war, in a war!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2018, 5:54 PM

Rifles were made for military use only

Feb 16, 2018, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Bad situation in Broward County, Florida ]

That's just like the argument saying the death penalty isn't a deterrent. I 100% guarantee it will deter the hell out of the one that is executed.

Feb 14, 2018, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Bad situation in Broward County, Florida ]

Bad is a terrible understatement in these things . Dispicable. Unfathomable. Heinous .
When do we say that enough is enough ? I am a gun owner . I have no issue with an assault weapons ban .
If it only saved one life by doing so I would support it .
The argument for keeping them has a body count , and it's rising almost daily .
Not soldiers , not police officers or gang members .. children .
Our children .
When ?

Nobody goes hunting with assault rifles. If you've got an AR-15, its one use is to kill a lotta people. Obviously that use is being abused almost monthly these days.

I don't get the counter-argument. If you want a gun for home defense, get a shotgun. It doesn't penetrate walls past maybe 15 feet and it won't kill a kid in the house down the street if you fire it off. If you need to carry concealed, get a pistol. Again, unless you're just a really proficient shot, like that one dude who went after Virginia Tech, it's hard to do a massacre with pistols. And not since the Bell Tower Sniper in Austin - probably the original spree killer - have we seen anybody good enough with a hunting rifle to do a genuine massacre with one.

Assault rifles, any idiot with a few clips can walk into a church or school and start racking up. Which is what is causing these body counts to soar.

I just do not see the necessity for assault rifles to be available to civilians. Stopping them won't stop gun violence but it will seriously cut into the kill count of these incessant massacres.

One way or another, the more this happens, the more inevitable it is assault rifles are banned.

Feb 14, 2018, 7:47 PM

That's it isn't it .
I don't for one second think that banning assault weapons will end the gun violence and killings in totality in this country . Not a fool to believe that like some in the argument would try to say . It won't, because our culture ( generationally speaking) in America needs work ...and you can't legislate that .
What I say is that 20 , 30 and 40 people don't die in any single incident if these troop weapons aren't around .
So ### d### sick of seeing kids and innocents being mowed down by the dozens every couple of months .
Something has to be done . How hard hearted has America become ? It isn't weakness to care about the general safety and welfare of others . It's weakness to turn away from it because it doesn't fit into your comfort zone .

DB23

Feb 14, 2018, 8:27 PM

Absolutely, mass destruction weapon belong only in a war where mass destruction is intended. AR-15s
and AK-47s isn't deer guns, bolt action and low round count semi automatics are. If someone gets caught with a high powered rifle that has more than a 6 round clip, it should be a heavy heavy fine with the loss of the rifle 1st offense, and second offense should be prison plus heavy fine. Take the weapons of war of our streets in America. Also ban the 10 round plus clips for pistols out of our country also, pistol or rifle!!! If someone needs more that 10 round in their pistol, or more than 6 rounds in their rifle, they need practice or get a shot gun....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2018, 6:01 PM

AR15 is just a rifle AK47’s are automatic military rifles the public cannot have

I agree with both of you.

Feb 16, 2018, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Bad situation in Broward County, Florida ]

I am a hunter and gun collector without a single AR. My armory is sufficient for hunting and to protect my family but I have no need for an assault rifle. I can protect against an invasion of several. So what's the need for an AR? For fun? For mass murder? Let's sacrifice the former and help curb the latter.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: I agree with both of you.

Feb 16, 2018, 8:05 AM

Truly sensible . Game has changed and so our reaction needs to be one that pits us in an advantaged position .
I would like to keep my two guns , sure ...but I have no issue whatsoever with banning all assault weapons and the like.
It's really a matter of kindred humanity for me . Constitutional rights can be amended , and in this horrific case after horrific case I support that action .

DB23

Re: I agree with both of you.

Feb 16, 2018, 9:34 AM [ in reply to I agree with both of you. ]

I agree with you 100%. I'm not a hunter bc I'm a animal lover and I just couldn't point a weapon at an animal and kill it as long as it's not trying to harm me or any other human. I 100% believe that we should have the right to own weapons for protection of our selves and our love ones, or even another unarmed person that is being threaten of death by an armed person. I also believe that if it's possible and we're not forced, we shouldn't take someones life bc a life is something that we can't give back once we take it. If someone is breaking into my house, I will believe that their intent is to cause harm to myself and my wife, and once they enter my home, they will never again return to their home.

Feb 16, 2018, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Bad situation in Broward County, Florida ]

So you are saying ban all rifles?

Feb 16, 2018, 6:29 PM

Absolutely not . I own a 9mm pistol and a Savage Model 99 , there is no reasonable argument to take them away at this point . We need to disrupt the cycle though , and banning assault weapons of every kind ..along with making it a felony to posses one would , I believe ...make huge inroads I into slowing if not stopping these all too frequent mass murders .

We have to try something . Talking about it , why this or that wouldn't be effective , how we shouldn't poiticize it , how guns are our birthright and we shouldn't let the government get involved ... HAS DONE NOTHING to stop it .

17 more families have empty souls this week . for the rest of their lives they'll have that . what are we going to do about it ?

DB23

define assault weapon***

Feb 14, 2018, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Bad situation in Broward County, Florida ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

semi automatic gun and of course automatic as well***

Feb 16, 2018, 5:27 AM

Re: semi automatic gun and of course automatic as well***

Feb 16, 2018, 8:06 AM

He knew that .

DB23

I am a gun owner and an ar15 owner but more importantly

Feb 16, 2018, 3:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Bad situation in Broward County, Florida ]

I am a father, if melting down assault rifles will help stop this stuff, you can have mine today

Re: I am a gun owner and an ar15 owner but more importantly

Feb 16, 2018, 5:35 AM

I am also a gun owner, and father .

Same . Without a second thought .

DB23

Feb 14, 2018, 7:12 PM

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35048251

DB23

Feb 14, 2018, 7:42 PM

:(

That's really terrible. Heartbreaking. Prayers.***

Feb 14, 2018, 8:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Consciousness.

Feb 16, 2018, 6:13 AM

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1732638220100994&id=908009612563863

DB23

Re: Consciousness.

Feb 16, 2018, 6:56 AM

I have zero problem with where you're coming from, nor do I disagree with the assault weapon issue. That said, I am very troubled by the single-mindedness that gets demonstrated. There are 535 men and women in DC ready to wax eloquently in a speech, the same as post every other incident of importance. Speeches don't go on resumes...nor accomplish much. Relevant, responsible legislation can, if it's done in a manner the American people can trust. Frankly, trust is very lacking...on all levels of government.

Here's my other rub, though. Where is the outrage over all of the 'people' who were not the least surprised by this shooter's actions? School mates, friends, relatives...and if they could speak, probably some victims, too, would not be surprised by his killing spree. Good gracious, he posted all the hints anyone could ever want...yet NOTHING. WAS. DONE.

Our country works, because the very vast majority of us are willing to abide by a sense of decency with respect to those around us and in acknowledging key laws. If we didn't bring that bias to the table each day, no amount of legislation would stop virtual anarchy...none. When the answer to an incident is to punish the innocent, and make excuses for the guilty...what's been solved...and what trust has been built upon (not restored).

Common sense, the'duck test', if you will, have been abandoned for the sake of 'personal space' and 'political correctness'. We'll watch a stray dog or a wild animal in the neighborhood like a hawk, waiting to see what it's actions will be, or more often, act proactively and have it removed. When similar behavior is displayed by people...where's the proactive tendency?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What could have been done by those people?*****

Feb 16, 2018, 7:16 AM

Feb 16, 2018, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Consciousness. ]

Good points made .

DB23

Feb 16, 2018, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Consciousness. ]

So many people saying the FBI had been told about this kid. Would it matter if the FBI, CIA or your local sheriff would have known about this kid, exactly what could they do. Do you know how many amendments they would have broken just grabbing him up off of the street. How many crazy people publish stuff on fb, Twitter, instagram, snap chat etc.. hell people even threaten the lives of our elected officials from the President down. He was suspended from school, once again how many violent or mentally ill students are suspended. It’s not the Feds that have to fix this, this is a home town, homegrown problem. First there are not psychiatric hospitals anymore. At most they are sent to local hospital held for 4-5 days, put on meds and thrown back in the street. That hospital has no idea if those medicines get filled or not (can’t afford) or if the person will take the pills. But let’s blame it on a gun. Right now law abiding citizens can purchase any gun from a powder to a semi automatic with a background check. They cannot purchase automatic weapons the military uses. They may carry said gun on their person if they do additional background check and training. However there is a long list of places that certified person can not take a weapon for defense and one is a school. Ok so the braying idiots on the left say take the guns away. Well that’s good all honest, verified gun owners lose their weapons. Guess who still has their weapons, you got it the illegal ones that are purchased on the street. It should have been something the left would have already learned with prohibition, the war on drugs. These people must not realize how easy it is to make a weapon. How plentiful the criminals can get a weapon on the black market. There are plenty of instructions on the Internet to build your own semi automatic without having a serial number or registering it anywhere. Regulations and more laws have never fixed a #### thing but restrict more rights

Feb 16, 2018, 6:44 PM

Jean , have you seen or read about what happened in Australia when they banned assault weapons ? No mass killings since 1997 .
Japan , same scenario . The UK hasn't had a mass shooting in 21 years attributed to firearms and it is because they passed the worlds strictest gun laws .
Those three countries passed tough laws collectively , retrieved the weapons ( some by voluntary means and some by police action )and banned them completely from import and manufacture . It worked and keeps working to this day . These are plain facts that we choose to ignore in this country , and for who's benefit we have to ask ourselves ? Certainly not to the benefit of hundreds of slain children and adults in dozens of schools , theaters , nightclubs , office buildings , etc. etc.

They have populations with mental health issues as well . They all have internet access . They are similarly structured , modern countries just like the US . It will work here , we just have to let it be done . I mean it's gone too far and the old arguments sound ridiculous nowadays ...if they ever sounded sane to begin with , in my opinion .

DB23

Feb 16, 2018, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Consciousness. ]

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/02/15/reality-check-gun-permit-background-checks/

Feb 16, 2018, 9:58 PM

https://www.vox.com/2015/8/27/9212725/australia-buyback

DB23

Feb 17, 2018, 12:27 AM [ in reply to Consciousness. ]

http://www.wnd.com/2018/02/media-ignoring-1-crucial-factor-in-florida-school-shooting/

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic