Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bad decision bad NFL regarding Vets?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Bad decision bad NFL regarding Vets?

Jan 24, 2018, 1:44 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/nfl/2018/01/23/nfl-please-stand-ad-rejected-veterans-group

Interesting they won’t stop the kneeling, but won’t allow a different point of view so to speak.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bad decision bad NFL regarding Vets?

Jan 24, 2018, 1:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

stalk much***

Jan 24, 2018, 2:47 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know what's worse than calling yourself a king?

Jan 24, 2018, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Bad decision bad NFL regarding Vets? ]

Answering to "queen."

Jan 24, 2018, 1:53 PM

Kinda sad that a veterans' organization doesn't understand the concept of free speech. The NFL is not the government.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2018, 1:55 PM

Personally I'd like to see them stand and respect the flag and not use the platform of their career as a political stand but on the other hand I have to respect that our troops fought for everyone to have the right to not stand if they so choose.

Jan 24, 2018, 1:57 PM

I'd like to see the cheerleaders lift their skirts during the anthem.

but alas....

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

likely someone’s daughters yada yada yada .44 etc.***

Jan 24, 2018, 3:19 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2018, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Bad decision bad NFL regarding Vets? ]

So you can protest on your job Tigerbum?

Message was edited by: irmotig®

The NFL is losing viewers left and right but still support

Jan 24, 2018, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Bad decision bad NFL regarding Vets? ]

the snowflakes over the heroes. Stupid, stupid, stupid so hopefully their numbers will continue to fall.

Re: The NFL is losing viewers left and right but still support

Jan 24, 2018, 4:52 PM

Is this a Trump retweet?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2018, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Bad decision bad NFL regarding Vets? ]

Apparently some posters here don't understand it, either.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2018, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Bad decision bad NFL regarding Vets? ]

Yes and the players are in the workplace. You don't have free speech there either

There is no free speech anymore.

Jan 24, 2018, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Bad decision bad NFL regarding Vets? ]

You either agree with the liberal media or are labeled racist for any different opinion.

So true Triton Tiger and so sad!!***

Jan 25, 2018, 9:14 AM

Great job NFL!***

Jan 24, 2018, 1:54 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2018, 1:55 PM

I believe one of the network was not going to show those kneeling, but the NFL said that if they knelt, they have to show it.

Because of that and the add rejection, I will not watch the Superbowl.

It might be their right to kneel, but it's my right to not watch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2018, 2:01 PM

I do not agree with the kneelers, but did you read the article? The NFL tried to work with them and even provided suggestions for similar slogans and the organization declined or either didn't respond in time for production.

At the bottom of the article it also states an ad from the Veterans of Foreign Wars was approved and it said "We Stand for Veterans."

Again, do not agree with the kneelers as that is my right to disagree just like they have the right to kneel, but it sounds like this organization was not willing to compromise and also did not respond in an appropriate time frame.

Jan 24, 2018, 3:01 PM

What compromise have they required from the players who are kneeling?

Jan 24, 2018, 6:00 PM

I'm not sure, how many players were actually kneeling at the end of the season? Do you honestly know the accurate number? Because I don't, I don't think anyone does and I think it kept having traction because news outlets reported on it over and over and over and made it seem like every player was doing it.

That being said, the players are employees of the NFL and make them a lot of money, the page ad probably wouldn't make them as much money and the organization does not work for them.

While everyone has freedom of speech, private entities have rights too.

Jan 24, 2018, 1:56 PM

>Interesting they won’t stop the kneeling, but won’t allow >a different point of view so to speak.

Apples and oranges. Now if someone wanted to put a pro-kneeling/Kaep ad in the Super Bowl program, and the NFL was ok with that, I'd say you had a point.

Jan 24, 2018, 1:56 PM

everyone knows the players are taking a knee to protest the show "2 broke girls" getting cancelled, not veterans.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2018, 2:04 PM

> The ad featured an American flag with an accompanying message of #PleaseStand. AMVETS national commander Marion Polk called the move by the NFL as "corporate censorship" and that it denies veterans the right to freedom of speech.

Uh... does this guy realize what freedom of speech even means? The NFL made a business decision. The government did not stamp our your speech.

Jan 24, 2018, 2:18 PM

The NFL has not made a wise decision in years. They were one of the first groups to get exposed for hiding sexual harassment and domestic violence. Now the flag thing. Three very good reasons why their ratings and attendance is falling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2018, 2:29 PM

TV ratings are down across the board. The NFL still dominates its competition, though.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/the-100-most-watched-tv-programs-of-2017-super-bowl-li-laps-the-field/

Jan 24, 2018, 2:53 PM

I'm seeing a lot of pro football there. Viewership with most things is becoming more fragmented. Younger generation spending time on Sunday meeting up with their new Tinder buddies while us older folks watch the NFL and wish we had Tinder when we were younger as Craigslist intimate encounters left much to be desired.

Long live the NFL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There hasn’t been a specific thing proven as to why there was a dip in the ratings..

Jan 24, 2018, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Bad decision bad NFL regarding Vets? ]

Who knows maybe it has to do with CTE, or maybe terrible QB play in the NFL, or people not watching it because no team would sign Kaepernick. So bringing the ratings up when there is no definitive reason for the dip means nothing if your trying to prove a point

Other than the Kaep reason, I actually agree with you here

Jan 24, 2018, 3:02 PM

CTE plus bad QB play leading to bad games is hurting ratings. A Jags/Vikings SB would not have done well with 2 strong defenses and 2 bad QBs. Things like awful Thursday night games and increased concussions and bad hits are turning people away.

That being said, there have been people who stopped watching/canceled Sunday Ticket because of the anthem protests, but I think that's pretty nominal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: There hasn’t been a specific thing proven as to why there was a dip in the ratings..

Jan 24, 2018, 3:05 PM [ in reply to There hasn’t been a specific thing proven as to why there was a dip in the ratings.. ]

The dip in viewership is because of ESPN airing Monday night football. Nobody wants to listen to this political crap when they just want to watch their team play. They also don’t want to hear millionaires made rich from playing a sport that most people wish they could play for free just one more time talk about injustice. Especially a movement from a guy who was adopted and raised and given everything by white people.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And now the Not For Long League

Jan 24, 2018, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Bad decision bad NFL regarding Vets? ]

has ponied up to rigging games to an extent.

Fire Goddell, Hire Vince Mc and call it the XFL

And now the Not For Long League

Jan 24, 2018, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Bad decision bad NFL regarding Vets? ]

has ponied up to rigging games to an extent.

Fire Goddell, Hire Vince Mc and call it the XFL

Jan 24, 2018, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Bad decision bad NFL regarding Vets? ]

Amvets is a good organization and scores well on Charity Navigator. They still have to raise funds through donations, so like all charities they have to have a mechanism to raise funds. I don't blame them at all for wanting to place the commercial during the Super Bowl, but neither do I blame the NFL for not wanting to open up that scab again. The NFL handled the controversy about as bad as they could possibly do it, so I blame them for this mess, but don't blame them for not wanting it to start again.

Sums it up perfectly.*****

Jan 24, 2018, 6:57 PM

Do you think we'll see a commercial from Tom Steyer?

Jan 25, 2018, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Bad decision bad NFL regarding Vets? ]

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

No*****

Jan 25, 2018, 2:38 PM

Interestimg how the people who claim they don’t want politics in sport...

Jan 24, 2018, 2:41 PM

now want an ad and injecting politics into sports.

Re: Interestimg how the people who claim they don’t want politics in sport...

Jan 25, 2018, 2:33 PM

You have no clue what you are talking about as usual.

I know you will read this and cant reply bc banned. That thought makes me smile.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

I'm actually okay with their decision from their perspective

Jan 24, 2018, 2:48 PM

Seems like they've placated the morans who kneel and the controversy is almost over. No reason to throw gas on the fire by playing this ad.

Jan 24, 2018, 2:59 PM

NFL sucks, always has, and always will!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good call by the NFL. They don't need to ruin the game...

Jan 24, 2018, 3:15 PM

with that nonsense. I am glad they didn't allow it.

How is it nonsense?

Jan 25, 2018, 2:16 PM

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Jan 25, 2018, 2:22 PM

First year ever that I am not watching the super bowl.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic