Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Back-up at Gate 20 before/during Kent State game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Back-up at Gate 20 before/during Kent State game

Sep 3, 2017, 10:44 PM

I arrived at the Gate 20 ramp about 15 minutes before kickoff. Both ramp entrances were packed to where the ramp intersects with the ground, with little to no movement. When I got close enough to actually see the ticket agents scanning "real" tickets, printout tickets, and cell phone tickets, there were 2 ticket agents. I think that there are 4 chain link gate doors, and only two had ticket agents. At this point, the first quarter was over halfway in the books. They FINALLY got a third ticket agent to scan tickets just before I got to the gate. I got in my seat with 3 minutes and change left in the first quarter. When I got home (Virginia), I did a little math. The North stand has a capacity of about 15,000. So, each of two ticket agents has to scan about 7,500 tickets. Assuming 2.5 seconds per scan, that is over 5 hours. If I am correct, assigning 2 ticket agents to scan the tickets of 15,000 people make no sense whatsoever. Am I suppose to arrive at the gate 5 hours early? Adding to the problem is the cell phone tickets. I witnessed the ticket agents struggle to scan freakin' cell phones frequently. The "real" tickets, and printout tickets were not part of the problem.

When walking past the East end zone, about 20 minutes before the game, I noticed that the gates on the East end of the stadium were backed up onto Wilkerson, and that Wilkerson was a mass of humanity. Then, someone in a silver SUV who parks on Wilkerson at the East end zone decided that this would be a good time to force their vehicle through the jam packed crowd to park. I guess it was the people with the person who started rudely forcing jam packed people out of the way.

Now...driving in. I approached from Seneca. Long traffic back-up. There was a 3 car fender bender, with the occupants all outside the vehicle on their cell phones (which MAY have caused the 3 car fender bender!). Once I got past those morons, I finally arrived at the parking in the vicinity of the Y beach parking. I noticed that the buses were given maximum priority, frequently stopping traffic for the MANY mostly empty buses. But I somewhat understand the bus priority. However, when cars and buses, do turn in, they leave multiple car links between each other, and the traffic backs into the rode, and, by the time it clears, well, here are more buses... Since people have become so brain dead, do we need to hire someone to drive up and down the line asking people to tighten up that 50 feet between cars?

What is the old saying...work smarter, not faster.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

People are stupid. Same crap at Walmart

Sep 3, 2017, 11:05 PM

Today. Two fat chic mangers walking around on their cell phones. Two lines backed up 4 deep. 8 self check out lanes wide open. Zero common sense. Hey clemson bring in 100 people to get people into Death Valley then you can go home!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Back-up at Gate 20 before/during Kent State game

Sep 3, 2017, 11:06 PM

I was also in that mass. at one point they closed off one of the chain link gates and that succeeded in getting a bunch of people really excited. Bailed from there to the next one and got in right at kickoff. After the game exit from 3e to perimeter blocked by cop car forcing everyone to take long way around and go wrong way down littlejohn road to get to perimeter. Access to littlejohn toilets closed after kickoff except burton entrance. I would have thought that we would know how to run game day by now.

Sep 4, 2017, 3:10 PM

It does seem frustrating to see problems that are not new, but have existed for years, that still present a problem. Fortunately, I was not affected by the slow scanning of tickets. Obviously, they needed more scanners. My problem was with incoming traffic. Where there are dual lanes, there should be signs designating which lane to take for particular parking lots. We were in the outside lane on Perimeter Road and knew where we were to go, however, there were cars in our lane that would have been better served if they had been in the inner lane. And just the reverse, there were cars in the inner lane that should have been in the outer lane. Traffic police had to stop the outer lane to let those cars exit into their parking lot.

I do want to commend the courtesy of many fans, they were letting cars merge and we were among those to whom this courtesy was shown.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2017, 3:41 PM

I got thru gate 20 80 minutes before kickoff. No wait. I thought there was at least 4 people there when we went thru (albeit I'm not sure what they all were doing). Dude scanned my cell phone tickets just fine :)

Sep 4, 2017, 3:56 PM

My friend and I had top deck north tickets. We accidentally went into lower deck gate. Long line but fast moving about 20 minutes before kickoff. Lady didn't even scan our tickets or we would have been sent to td gate. Ended up getting lucky and having best lower deck seats Ive ever had at 38 yard line. Great experience. Don't know why legit ticket holders didn't use their amazing seats!

Sep 4, 2017, 4:25 PM

It was absolutely the worst experience of getting through Gate 20 we have ever experienced. We showed up 35 minutes early and did not get into our seats until after Clemson scored a TD and Kent St was kicking the ball back to us. We experienced the same scenario that you did, one gate open (coming up the ramp on the east side of the stadium), two ladies scanning, and there was a gate opening closed! Several season ticket holders around us reported the same if not worse situations.

I emailed IPTAY / Clemson Athletics about this problem and did get a prompt and non-automated response, assuring us they will have this fixed for next weeks game. Here is their email so that you can express your frustration about this breakdown, as Auburn is going to be much crazier.

fanfeedback@clemson.edu

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

Sep 4, 2017, 6:13 PM

Thanks drinkoj. I have already e-mailed them too, I also got an e-mail from them "assuring us they will have this fixed for next weeks game". This is probably a form letter that they started to use when they realized just how not happy a LOT of people were! :) I was voted to be the commuter grievance committee representative for Lander College in the early eighties. I got a complaint that custodians were vacuuming a lot of the times that they were in the library studying. I went to the librarian (Susan) and asked her if they had any gate data. She said "yes, but we hardly ever use it". I asked if she could print it out as a time vs. # of people graph. Yep. I saw the times of lowest attendance, presented it to the head of the custodians. Can you reschedule cleaning the library to match up with these low attendance times. Yep. Done. I wonder if the ticket agent scanner data can be used to create a number of scans per, say 15 minutes vs. time. With this data, number of required ticket agents vs. time can be constructed. This can be used to stagger start/finish times of the ticket agents so that they work the prescribed number of hours, but are most overlapping at the peak times. Data/analysis/math done. This is NOT rocket science.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Probably a professor that could help with that if not busy

Sep 4, 2017, 7:36 PM

offending on facebook.................

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very legit, and I love your "order of magnitude"

Sep 4, 2017, 8:21 PM

work in figuring out the time it takes 2 agents to punch 15,000 tickets. I assume you were in fact talking about the upper deck, and I'd like the head of whoever designed its entrance on a platter. What a logjam, bottleneck design anyway. Who allowed this? This is why I won't even go to the upper or buy a ticket for it. Your observation on the traffic is equally astute, but the solution won't work b/c of people's nature.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic