Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
PED's, bet you didn't know...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

PED's, bet you didn't know...

Jan 28, 2019, 7:23 PM

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-ncaas-drug-problem-1426792929

Per WSJ, "Antidoping advocates have long criticized the inconsistent and opaque nature of drug testing in college sports.

The NCAA’s Drug Problem
It’s a school-by-school patchwork of policies and penalties: A first-time steroid infraction would bench a Florida player for half the season but cost a Texas A&M player only a single game. Private schools such as Vanderbilt, meanwhile, aren’t required to share their drug-testing policies with anyone, not even the NCAA.... "

So yea, those Bama players probably got popped too. There's no rule saying you MUST give the reason(s) for suspension.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And a certain program had worst steroid scandal in history

Jan 28, 2019, 7:29 PM

... of college sports with absolutely no evidence that their players demonstrated any “enhancement” of their performance.

PEDs indeed ... !

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, Notre Dame PED's, bet you didn't know...

Jan 28, 2019, 7:35 PM

Per Forbes article, "Notre Dame’s student-athlete handbook says a player who fails a test can return to the field once the steroids are out of his system."

So do the math on how long their RB1 was suspended earlier this year for very vague reasons as well as an uncertain return date. Hum, color me skeptical...

So, yea, he was probably popped too but they, also, didn't reveal the specifics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Also, Notre Dame PED's, bet you didn't know...

Jan 28, 2019, 10:31 PM

have been wondering for a while what the reasons for dexter williams suspension were.don't think there was quite as much made of his indiscretions as were those of dexter lawrence.thanks for the info.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I didn't know... thanks for the info***

Jan 28, 2019, 7:44 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Back in 2009 and 2011...

Jan 28, 2019, 7:47 PM

The co-owner of a controversial sports supplements company publicly claimed that more than 20 University of Alabama football players on the 09 and 11 national championship teams used his company’s product (deer antler extract) which contains a substance that is banned by the NCAA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

it's ok if Bama does it.

Jan 28, 2019, 9:00 PM

You have no idea how much pressure they are under to perform.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

They have all those other $EC teams riding their coattails

Jan 28, 2019, 10:12 PM

Must get awfully tiring !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: They have all those other $EC teams riding their coattails

Jan 28, 2019, 10:51 PM

You know, I never thought about it that way. But if you really think about it, they not only have all those other SEC schools and fans that are depending on their performance, they also have ESPN putting pressure on them to perform. That’s like a zillion people expecting them to win every single game by 100 points. Plus they have a little person yelling at them all the time. I say “little person” because they say using the word midget is disrespectful. Those poor kids. I might personally ride down there and hand deliver a few protein bars to help take a little pressure off.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Back in 2009 and 2011...

Jan 28, 2019, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Back in 2009 and 2011... ]

I'd forgotten about the deer antler stuff. kinda blew over, didnt it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic