Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Venables owns Petrino again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,756

Venables owns Petrino again

Sep 17, 2017, 10:03 AM

I can't help but chuckle at the fact that Petrino is over there throwing a hissy fit and cussing at the refs meanwhile venables is over there thinking about how he can help his defense own the next down.

So many stories within the story but one thing is clear...

Venables had a great game plan and he deserves a ton of credit for putting these talented kids in a position to be so successful.

Great win! Go Tigers! Next up...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Venables owns Petrino again

Sep 17, 2017, 10:08 AM

Coach V is fun to watch. The definition of intensity and focus.

At one point late in the game the announcers said Venables

Sep 17, 2017, 10:10 AM

isn't going to be happy about that, then they did a shot on Venables and he was all smiles and patting the kids on the back as they came off after giving up a big play

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was after the big play... but also after the 3rd string

Sep 17, 2017, 10:17 AM

stepped up in the adversity and held strong and kept them out of the endzone. That was why he was smiling I think.

Venables doesn't go off on players

Sep 17, 2017, 10:19 AM

Dabo might, but not Venables.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Muschamp goes off on whiteboards

Sep 17, 2017, 10:22 AM

And 5-star Florida players. Imagine how he treats the 2-stars down in Richland County.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

The perfect teacher***

Sep 17, 2017, 10:21 AM [ in reply to At one point late in the game the announcers said Venables ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BV is a genius.

Sep 17, 2017, 10:20 AM

Last year we got burned by over pursuing and blitzing. Blitzed less and dropped more guys into zone and it worked.

Re: BV is a genius.

Sep 17, 2017, 10:24 AM

I told dad before the game I thought that's what he would do. It was a great plan. If you watch again you will notice that almost every time LJ made a play with his feet it was due to overpursuit or a bad angle taken. Keeping him in the pocket and using him like a pinball was the ticket. He had that one big inside run but other than that they really did a great job of bottling him up.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,756
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic