Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BSB Update: Former Clemson signee lives in a van during MLB offseason
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

BSB Update: Former Clemson signee lives in a van during MLB offseason

Mar 10, 2015, 10:18 AM

Former Clemson signee lives in a van during MLB offseason

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just one question,

Mar 10, 2015, 10:21 AM

is it down by the river?

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: Just one question,

Mar 10, 2015, 10:26 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Just one question, thanks

Mar 10, 2015, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Just one question, ]

for asking what we all wondered

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about the government cheese?

Mar 10, 2015, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Just one question, ]

Is that a standard or option?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

You mean he chose $2 Million over Jack Leggett?***

Mar 10, 2015, 10:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No,

Mar 10, 2015, 10:29 AM

he chose living in a van with no plumbing and shaving with an ax over Jack Leggett.

Yikes

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Sounds like extreme showmanship to me.***

Mar 10, 2015, 10:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No,

Mar 10, 2015, 2:20 PM [ in reply to No, ]

That would be a hatchet....use an axe to shave your legs...longer handle....if you're into that kind of thing....

Re: No,

Mar 10, 2015, 10:46 PM [ in reply to No, ]

Now that is a lot of loyalty for a VW Van. Does he like girls or not, bc he surely could have gotten a GF and lived with her during off season I would think. That's what I would have done!!!

If you've never traveled in one of these, they

Mar 10, 2015, 10:30 AM

are awesome.. assuming the engine and parts have been upgraded. Love this guys attitude and approach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I know this young man

Mar 10, 2015, 11:51 AM

And he is genuine. I know Baseball_Fan hates it when Daniel is mentioned here, but it's because he and I and everybody else knows that we really missed out when he chose to sign with Toronto over coming to Clemson. This further shows what I have been saying all along - his choice to sign was not about the money. It wasn't about Clemson either. He was clearly coming to Clemson which is why he fell to the second round. If he said all along that he wanted the money, he would have signed for more as a mid-first rounder. Unfortunately after he was drafted his grandmother became very ill. He signed because he wanted her to be able to see him reach his dream of playing professional baseball. That was by far the chief reason he signed. Yes the money also helped some situations in his family, but his grandmother's health was the #1 reason. Some prefer to think that these kids decisions are made in a tiny box. Some kids see the bigger picture and for Daniel it was about family.

I would have loved for him to come to Clemson - I was one of the ones that first exposed him to Clemson. I really hate that he wasn't able to take that opportunity because he made a decision to put his grandmother before what he had planned. That said - I understand it. I understand that it is the fabric of his nature. Daniel is an awesome young man and I for one applaud him for sticking to his principles.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

many thanks for a very noteworthy contribution to the site

Mar 10, 2015, 12:29 PM

and to those who choose to read. I appreciate the candor and the values.

Great to hear a story where choices are made for the "right" reasons and then turn out well too.

Re: BSB Update: Former Clemson signee lives in a van during MLB offseason

Mar 10, 2015, 12:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smot poker***

Mar 10, 2015, 1:04 PM

sweet looking bus***

Mar 10, 2015, 1:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Mar 10, 2015, 2:06 PM

Good for him! Living HIS dream and not worrying about what others think of it. It's his dime and if he wants to drive around the country and our neighboring countries then by all means he should do it.Not hurting anyone,just finding his zen.As Clemson fans we have no reason to be upset with the guy. You give me $2m vs a great college as Clemson,I'm also choosing the $2m. Just my two cents,folks.

Mar 10, 2015, 2:31 PM

Pretty cool. Living life the way he chooses as he chooses, seeing and doing what he wants.

you forgot.. "eating a steady diet of govt. cheese"***

Mar 10, 2015, 3:10 PM

Looks like he'll get a spot on the rotation

Mar 10, 2015, 3:37 PM

Bluejays just lost a starter with an ACL tear

Mar 10, 2015, 7:13 PM
image.jpg(141.5 K)

It's a BUS not a van...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

~• Other than THAT Jackie, how was the parade? •~

VW Bus!!

Mar 10, 2015, 7:32 PM

You are so right Tiger Quads - drives me nuts when someone calls it a "van". This is a Bay (large, non-split windshield) and it is referred to as a bus.

Sweet '71 bus you got there.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death?" - Little Mac 62

Re: VW Bus!!

Mar 10, 2015, 11:05 PM

If you parked it out side of billy brice, you would see a lot of players laying beside of it, bc you would never get men as large as FB players under that bus.

Mar 10, 2015, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: BSB Update: Former Clemson signee lives in a van during MLB offseason ]

Call it what you want to call it, but it really is in all purposes a Van....

Looks like a pretty cool dude to me...

Mar 10, 2015, 11:25 PM

Good for him

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic